Free XBLA Game or Select DLC with 12 Month Subscription - Full Details Inside

mikeyhegs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
The downside: You have to buy online from microsoft

The upside: You get to pick one of these for FREE.
Available Free Gifts
Choose one of the following Arcade hits or content downloads as your free gift:
Hexic 2: Spin trios of hexes to create groups of matching colors in this puzzle favorite.
Hardwood Spades: Play the classic party card game with friends over Xbox LIVE.
Poker Smash: Make vertical and horizontal matches by forming poker hands in this puzzle game.
N+: Become a daring ninja with unique, physics-based controls, and stylish animated graphics.
EVERY EXTEND EXTRA EXTREME: Unique, fun gameplay mixes with hip and cool original music.
Crackdown Getting Busy Bonus Pack: New vehicles, weapons, game modes, equipment, and achievements.
Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack: Grab these three new maps for the ultimate multiplayer experience.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/2008/holidaygift/default.htm

Happy holidays CAG!

Really sucks that you have to buy it online from Microsoft. Given that you can buy 12 Months for $39 at a lot of places, you might as well just buy one there.

[quote name='mikeyhegs']The downside: You have to buy online from microsoft

The upside: You get to pick one of these for FREE.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/2008/holidaygift/default.htm

Happy holidays CAG![/quote]

1. Offer is only good for new members
2. You can't use prepaid codes, which at the moment a $39 shipped for 13months. Through microsoft they are $50.

I know your intentions are good, but this isn't a deal.

Given that most of these things are what, 800 MS points or so or $10, its cheaper to just buy the card from amazon for $38-39 and then use those proceeds to buy a 800 point card to spend on what ever you want vs. just 7 things, a few of which have fairly limited utility. A nice thought on MS's part but give folks braid or big rockband pack, not stuff that a few years old...But thanks OP for pointing it out

[quote name='K_G']Given that most of these things are what, 800 MS points or so or $10, its cheaper to just buy the card from amazon for $38-39 and then use those proceeds to buy a 800 point card to spend on what ever you want vs. just 7 things, a few of which have fairly limited utility. A nice thought on MS's part but give folks braid or big rockband pack, not stuff that a few years old...But thanks OP for pointing it out[/quote]

Not to mention, who actually buys point cards at full price? I've racked up thousands either dirt cheap or free through promotions, great deals, rewards programs, etc...

Definitely a better deal to pick up a 12+1 separately and get whatever arcade game you want (hopefully with cheap or free points!).

This deal is jacked up...I got an email that says:

Love free stuff?
X1223Wkly_GoldExp_s.gif
Sign up for another 12-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold and get a gift of your choice from a list of great options. It's as easy as 1-2-3!
X1223Wkly_GoldExp_s.gif
X1223Wkly_GoldExp_s.gif
X1223Wkly_GoldExp_a.jpg
X1223Wkly_GoldExp_s.gif
Get more details!
notice it says "another 12-month subscription"

Whatever, still not worth paying retail for the subscription.

It's way better to get a 12 month for $30 on...whats that site, oh yea...cag (trading forum)!

wish it worked regardless though, could be playing some n+

If anyone talks to Trakan, rub this in his face. Just the other day I was saying MS should do this and he was all like "OMG N00B THEY WOULD NEVER DO THIS YOU ARE STUPID!" and I all like "nuh uh no you dint!".

Seems like it should be your choice of a title - not just a handful of throw-away games (no offense to the listed titles).

Dude wtf, I think you offended Hardwood Spades. Anyway I guess this isn't too horrible of a deal... I would still find a better bundle or something (camera, text pad, whatever). If I didn't, I would either get E4 or N+, or possible E+, or N4.

[quote name='mkernan']Might as well get a 12+1 card for $39 and just buy whatever $5 XBLA game you want.[/quote]

exactly...not a cag deal to me

So it's almost the same price, maybe a dollar difference. Then doing it manually, you gotta deal with shipping, but you get an extra month?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the people that want instant gratification, it's not the worst deal in the world. Unless my math is wrong, it's at most 4 or 5 dollars difference. It might come out to be even for some people if they have to deal with shipping costs or tax.

Anyway, I'll skip on this one myself.

[quote name='Daichi']So it's almost the same price, maybe a dollar difference. Then doing it manually, you gotta deal with shipping, but you get an extra month?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the people that want instant gratification, it's not the worst deal in the world. Unless my math is wrong, it's at most 4 or 5 dollars difference. It might come out to be even for some people if they have to deal with shipping costs or tax.

Anyway, I'll skip on this one myself.[/quote]

I agree... this "deal" has its place. Were I to get snowed in this weekend (I might), with my current subscription expiring Saturday (it does), and had I not ordered the $60 bundle off Buy.com (I did), I would be getting this. No sarcasm intended, I appreciate the post. Not all deals have to be the best to be worth mentioning.

I got an email from MS a few days ago informing me that my subscription was going to expire in mid Jan. It contained a link to get 400 free MS points for renewing my subscription either online with MS or with a subscription card.

[quote name='WillSci']...I appreciate the post. Not all deals have to be the best to be worth mentioning.[/quote]

Exactly. I was in the boat you describe just last night and went to the store to buy a pack (needed new headphones so I got the bundle). If there was anything on the list that would have grabbed me I probably would have just bought it through MS and ordered a nicer headphone set online.

Nice idea, but too bad you can't use a pre-paid card. Despite what a couple of people said, there are some good games there. Oh well, thanks for the effort, OP.

I just got 13 mos. from using the buy.com/ebay/cashback manuever for a low low $28. I don't think N+ makes up for that difference. I guess it's worth it if you need XBL right now and can't wait for a better deal to come a long.

[quote name='paddlefoot']1. Offer is only good for new members
2. You can't use prepaid codes, which at the moment a $39 shipped for 13months. Through microsoft they are $50.

I know your intentions are good, but this isn't a deal.[/quote]

Gotcha.

You sure you can't use prepaid? The way the marketplace seems to explain it is that you sign up for 12 months, then select a promotional gamerpic from one of the free games, and then they will email you a promo code to unlock + download the full game for free. No mention of a requirement of ordering your subscription from microsoft.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I just got 13 mos. from using the buy.com/ebay/cashback manuever for a low low $28. I don't think N+ makes up for that difference. I guess it's worth it if you need XBL right now and can't wait for a better deal to come a long.[/quote]

How does this manuever work? I looked for Live Search and it only said cashback for buy.com is 1-5%?

Hey, has anyone mentioned that you can get the year cheaper other places? Just thought I'd point that out. Also, that list of free stuff is shite. We should definitely blast the OP. Who's with me? I mean, can't you get a year for like $39 shipped? Someone should tell the op that! Quick! Now!

it's basically standard online store procedure that 13 months is $39 shipped...

it's the thought that counts, though.

I was on silver for a long time, and just got this "deal". A bunch of my buddies got games for Christmas, and I was the only one left out of playing online, and I wanted to play with them so bad. I know I could of got it for $40, but ehh, I didn't want to wait a week to play with my buddies.

Burn me at the stake.

[quote name='deggs37']Nice to see they are adding a little incentive.[/QUOTE]

Little incentive is right. Still, its better than nothing.

bread's done
Back