Free XBox 360 with Windows Phone activation

gleo

CAGiversary!
Telus is offering a free 4GB XBox 360 slim with the activation of any Windows Phone 7 (they have two models) on a 3-year-term. Not red-hot by any means but not a bad deal if you're in the market for a new phone. With the XBox Live integration on the phone, this is a great tie-in.

This of course comes just two weeks after I activated my phone and got absolutely nothing for it, but that's my sob story and just another missed deal in what seems like a long line this holiday season.

Offer is only good to the 19th and it sounds as though you don't actually get the console for up to 6 weeks. Definitely colder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed this as well. The phones are a little deceiving where they aren't actually made by microsoft. I'm told they just run off of a version of microsoft's OS.

The models shown in this deal are an LG phone and an HTC phone. I've been with Telus for 6 years and gone through 4 LG phones (all of which had hardware issues) so I'd say this brand is very unreliable. HTC seems like a budget brand of phone based on the price differences I've seen.

It's pretty cool you get an Xbox but you're stuck with Telus for 3 years and you get a possibly sketchy phone.

[quote name='Mattblasto']I noticed this as well. The phones are a little deceiving where they aren't actually made by microsoft. I'm told they just run off of a version of microsoft's OS.

The models shown in this deal are an LG phone and an HTC phone. I've been with Telus for 6 years and gone through 4 LG phones (all of which had hardware issues) so I'd say this brand is very unreliable. HTC seems like a budget brand of phone based on the price differences I've seen.

It's pretty cool you get an Xbox but you're stuck with Telus for 3 years and you get a possibly sketchy phone.[/QUOTE]

In reference to your experiences with LG phones. I too had an LG phone, loved using it, but it died early. When I took it back to Rogers the sales person informed me that in their experience LG was an abbreviation for Life's Garbage. Now any time I see an add I think Life's Garbage, makes me smile.

I have had better luck with cheap Nokia's

[quote name='Mattblasto']I noticed this as well. The phones are a little deceiving where they aren't actually made by microsoft. I'm told they just run off of a version of microsoft's OS.

It's pretty cool you get an Xbox but you're stuck with Telus for 3 years and you get a possibly sketchy phone.[/QUOTE]

HTC is quite a reputable brand. They've released the well-received Nexus One and the Evo 4G.

In terms of the deal, essentially $5/mth saving off your phone bill.

lol HTC is not even close to budget brand.

[quote name='afterburn999']lol HTC is not even close to budget brand.[/QUOTE]

Like I said previously, I say that based on price differences with the other brands.

[quote name='Mattblasto']Like I said previously, I say that based on price differences with the other brands.[/QUOTE]
That's still not even right.

AB, BC, and eastern PQ get the 250GB Xbox. Best option for this is to sign up through the employee webstore so you get the $50 Future Shop gift card on a new 3 year activation, and you get the LG for $25 or the HTC for $32.

lol ok ok. I have no experience with HTC, it's just not a brand I would have considered. If it's a good brand i'll take your word for it. Go out and score on this deal. Let me know how the phone works out and I'm sure everyone is curious about this whole windows phone 7 thing :)

PLEASE People! Not to rain on anyone's parade, but to get a cheapo Xbox for free then having to be a slave to TELUS for 3 years is NOT even close to being a luke warm deal.

Wind Mobile has an unadvertised special until Xmas right now and their plans are
$25 Unlimited Calling & Global Texting within Canada

$40 Unlimited Calling within Canada & USA
Global Txting, Voicemail & Unlimited DATA!

All their plans come with basic caller ID, 3 way, etc.

TELUS, Rogers, Bell plans are all garbage. Don't get locked in. Buy yourself an xbox on sale and go contract free with your cell phone carrier. You Always win in the long run.

How does Wind work? Is it $25/$40 for a few months and then you go back to paying regular or is there some contract?

huh i might check this out i need a new phone and getting a free xbox wouldn't be bad my blackberry is broken anyways.

[quote name='Mr.']How does Wind work? Is it $25/$40 for a few months and then you go back to paying regular or is there some contract?[/QUOTE]

No it is for the LIFE of the plan just as long as you're good at paying your monthly EVERY month!

Below is taken from Howard Forums. Im urging everyone to stay away from the Big 3 (Bell, Rogers, Telus)... we the consumers need to demand more from them so they will end the exploitation of us, the consumers, because of their monopoly.

WIND Mobile-Limited Time $25 and $40 Plans

by iHype
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • article.png
    View Articles

Published on 12-09-2010 09:19 PM
Categories:
  1. News
  2. From The Forums
  3. Carriers

Starting tomorrow-Friday, December 9, 2010.

$25
Canada/US Texting, MMS
Unlimited Province Wide Calling and WIND to WIND nationwide calling
Caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, 3 way calling

$40
Canada/US Texting, MMS
Unlimited Canada Wide Calling and WIND to WIND nationwide calling
Caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, 3 way calling, Voicemail
US LD calling unlimited
Global Texting
Infinite Data (unlimited)

Not to turn this into a cell phone provider debate but isn't WIND only available in limited areas? I don't recall ever seeing them around here (London)

[quote name='gleo']Not to turn this into a cell phone provider debate but isn't WIND only available in limited areas? I don't recall ever seeing them around here (London)[/QUOTE]

If you look on their website. Their "WIND Zones" are Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto area. Full list of cities are listed on the linked website.

I personally have been with Telus for 10 years and they have yet to give me a reason to hate or even dislike them. Everyone has their own personal experiences and opinions on cell carriers but mine have been overwhelmingly positive. Still a good deal imo if ur in the market for a new phone and new xbox. And to say ur "tied" in for 3 years. . .you're not. As a general rule, after 2 years of your contract, most carriers are willing to do a "hardware" upgrade to keep you on.

[quote name='CrushEm']If you look on their website. Their "WIND Zones" are Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto area. Full list of cities are listed on the linked website.

I personally have been with Telus for 10 years and they have yet to give me a reason to hate or even dislike them. Everyone has their own personal experiences and opinions on cell carriers but mine have been overwhelmingly positive. Still a good deal imo if ur in the market for a new phone and new xbox. And to say ur "tied" in for 3 years. . .you're not. As a general rule, after 2 years of your contract, most carriers are willing to do a "hardware" upgrade to keep you on.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure about Telus but Rogers does the same thing after about a year I think but they lock you in for another 3 years. I'm not sure if Telus is the same or not but I don't think it's really worth it to get MORE years to your contract.

So far I'm really liking my Optimus 7 but it's only been a few weeks. I kind of wish I waited now though. The deals are coming fast and furious.

[quote name='Shinn23']I'm not sure about Telus but Rogers does the same thing after about a year I think but they lock you in for another 3 years. I'm not sure if Telus is the same or not but I don't think it's really worth it to get MORE years to your contract.[/QUOTE]
It is if you sign a killer retentions plan.

This deal is a good one. In BC and Alberta, the 360 you get is the 250GB one, not the 4GB one. It's so you can use their Optik TV service. $300 console + $300 off a phone. And the maximum penalty for canceling is $500 (voice + data).

Just if you're already on Telus, remeber to negotiate a better plan before agreeing to re-sign.

Promotion has been extended until December 24th, and the employee store has deals like iPhone 4s for $61 and $156, BlackBerry 9800s for $10 until December 31st.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back