Free Xbox Live Gold for silver members 4/1 - 4/5 and 10 Arcade Games Sale

sleepy180

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/03/23/xbox-live-marketplace-release-schedule-march-23.aspx

On April 1 from 12:00 pm ET/9am PT through April 5 at 12:00 pm ET/9am PT, Xbox LIVE Silver members can enjoy features that are reserved exclusively for Xbox LIVE Gold members – including Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm and premier multiplayer features. Sign up for a free Xbox LIVE account today and be prepared to play.

SALE: Between April 1st and April 7th, there will be Ten Arcade Games on sale (like Super Street Fighter II HD, South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY and Defense Grid: The Awakening) I’ll post the complete list of titles and sale prices as soon as get my hands on it.

[quote name='JJSP']Note to self, don't buy any Arcade games until sale.[/QUOTE]

ditto.

Man, I have so many points in my account just waiting for a sale on something decent...

Castle Crashers, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Megaman, and Worms would all be great! It's a shame this sale isn't for over a week. :(

I've got most of the AAA titles (Battlefield, Worms, Shadow Complex, Castle Crashers, MvC, Trials), but there's a bunch of stuff I passed on that I'd definitely pick up at a discount. Looking at you, Mega Man.

Did anyone else get in on Trials HD when Amazon had the code for $10 a few months ago?

Trials HD, Defense Grid, and Shadow Complex are all fantastic buys, especially on sale. I don't think pretty much anything is worth the asking price on Live, and they have sales pretty often.

worms was already on sale as well as marvel vs capcom 2. I am excited for virtual on at 800 points march 23. Wish it was less. I loved that game and was a beast in college at it- i only lost 2 times out of 500+ matches. If they had the twin sticks, i would buy them! Too bad arcades do not have that machine anymore.

[quote name='GenPirate']I am hoping for Trials HD to go on sale, I refuse to pay full price for most XBLA titles.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the time that could be spent playing Trials, this is one XBLA title that is worth retail.

[quote name='msuna']worms was already on sale as well as marvel vs capcom 2. I am excited for virtual on at 800 points march 23. Wish it was less. I loved that game and was a beast in college at it- i only lost 2 times out of 500+ matches. If they had the twin sticks, i would buy them! Too bad arcades do not have that machine anymore.[/QUOTE]

Oh, but they did...for the insane and rich. I think the twinsticks were over $200.00 shipped and you had to pay upon pre-order. Tough to spend that much for a single XBLA $15.00 game.

[quote name='Kerig']Shadow Complex for 800, Alex![/QUOTE]

They already had Shadow for 800, not too long ago. Not sure they'll do another sale on it...

How bout TRIALS for 800 (or less)? 1200 seemed too pricey to me...:drool:

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']April 1st huh?

How big of a pimp-shot would it be if they April Fooled everyone.[/QUOTE]

That would suck. But you are right on that. Now I am worried a bit.

[quote name='dragonjud']Oh, but they did...for the insane and rich. I think the twinsticks were over $200.00 shipped and you had to pay upon pre-order. Tough to spend that much for a single XBLA $15.00 game.[/QUOTE]

It was an order for japan. I could have possibly ordered them and then had them shipped here for another 100 bucks but for a $15 game, it is not worth it.

I wouldn't be worried as he announced it on a day that isn't April 1st. If you did something like that, wouldn't you wait until it actually is the first?

Also, easily in for Geometry Wars. Been looking to get it for a while and never did for whatever reason. Here's hoping there's something good in the mystery list as well.

[quote name='Idx86']Damn, I'll be out of town.[/QUOTE]
As long as you have access to the internet, you can purchase it on xbox.com and then download it when you turn your 360 on.

I really want trials hd but i also never pay full price for xbla games with shadow complex being the exception. Also is gw 2 hard to get into? ive heard how great this game is but ive never played any before and only demo'd gw2. i liked it enough & $5 might be the perfect price.

Oh no--another phase when I burn all my Microsoft Points on almost every single discounted game.

I hope Shadow Complex gets discounted because I missed it the first time. Also, it's about time Trials HD goes on sale. And I like tower defense games, so those should be exciting. :D

Good god. Everyone that is on the fence about trials, even if it doesn't go on sale, buy the damn game any way (I'm sure you have probably already played the demo into oblivion, and I promise you it gets better). You can easily get more time out of it than most single player games that are released these days, and has replay through the roof. I know this site is called cheap ass gamer, but jesus christ this is an amazing game, and you should support the developers!

bread's done
Back