FREE Xbox Live GOLD Weekend 3/4-3/7

IPlay4Fun

Banned
xbox live GOLD is free this weekend.
FROM xbox.com
http://dealspl.us/special-offers/p_xbox-live-gold-free-weekend-3-4-11-3-7-11

*edit* only for US

CHECK OUT : The Official Need For Speed FACEBOOK Account, its one of their most recent announcements for confirmation. It is happening!
Also confirmation of this is even on the gold members DASH:
Under Inside Xbox,
Breakout Kings Advertisement,
on the top of the advertisement it states: Free Gold weekend brought to you by the break out kings tv show.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HORSEBORSE']FACT = On the Sony Playstation 3, EVERYDAY is a Free Gold Weekend.[/QUOTE]

Aren't those still banned this weekend? :lol:

Nah, I'm just teasing. Anyone who knows me knows I only own a PlayStation. But they also know I don't spout blatant fanboyism and you shouldn't either.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']FACT = On the Sony Playstation 3, EVERYDAY is a Free Gold Weekend.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time , I really don't like sonys decisions but offering free multiplayer online is an absolute gift for us from them. And it cost them money.

I feel guilty and should at least help them to get some money by paying for their psn+ membership.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']i just state the True Facts.

if you are sad go cry in the corner over there like a toddler.

nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Now you're just being mean and spiteful. Any more and it'd be pretty obvious you're just trolling.

I've always had the Xbox to play with a friend, so I've always had gold.
So I'm just wondering is there any other benefits aside of co-op achievements?

Has there ever been any comparison in statistics on who makes more money of online crap between psn and xbox live? Then again live goes directly to MS, right?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Most of the time , I really don't like sonys decisions but offering free multiplayer online is an absolute gift for us from them. And it cost them money.

I feel guilty and should at least help them to get some money by paying for their psn+ membership.[/QUOTE]
I have PS plus and it's absolutely worth it. Now there's 50 bucks well spent.

I sometimes wonder why I bought 5 subscrition card last Oct. when bestbuy had the $20 off live cards. I have only been online once for Halo Reach Co-op(meh compared to UC2) and used it for ESPN3.com college b-ball feeds(though it seems to be lagging behind my laptop in the game). I still wonder why I spent all that money for live when I barely had used PSN which is free. LOL. I guess I just love a good deal and wanted to see what was so great about XBOX live. Man I wish I could get back that $150(5 cards X $30). LOL.

Good for me! I've been the ultimate cheapass since my sub expired around Valentine's Day. I've been going through my drawer of DLC cards, manuals, etc...that I pull out of games that I come across, and have been setting aside all of the 48 hour trial cards I've gathered over the last few years. I've got enough to be set for a few months, but with this, I don't have to burn a card! I haven't even had the need to jump on XBL since Killzone 3 came out, but maybe this will get me motivated to play some Reach with my buddy this weekend.

[quote name='3rdbass']I sometimes wonder why I bought 5 subscrition card last Oct. when bestbuy had the $20 off live cards. I have only been online once for Halo Reach Co-op(meh compared to UC2) and used it for ESPN3.com college b-ball feeds(though it seems to be lagging behind my laptop in the game). I still wonder why I spent all that money for live when I barely had used PSN which is free. LOL. I guess I just love a good deal and wanted to see what was so great about XBOX live. Man I wish I could get back that $150(5 cards X $30). LOL.[/QUOTE]

Same here - I've probably played online like twice in like 2 years. But still, I got most of my Gold time pretty cheap, so no sweat. PSN, on the other hand, I use all the time (mostly for LBP).

And the stupid ESPN thing, which I might otherwise take advantage of, doesn't work for me - says my ISP is not supported. Nice feature there, MS :bomb:. I have taken advantage of gold-only sales though (like the current Pac-Man CE DX one).

[quote name='io']Same here - I've probably played online like twice in like 2 years. But still, I got most of my Gold time pretty cheap, so no sweat. PSN, on the other hand, I use all the time (mostly for LBP).

And the stupid ESPN thing, which I might otherwise take advantage of, doesn't work for me - says my ISP is not supported. Nice feature there, MS :bomb:. I have taken advantage of gold-only sales though (like the current Pac-Man CE DX one).[/QUOTE]

That sucks! Even though I get it on the XBOX it always like 2 minutes behind the feed on the computer and I hate my brother calling me and saying did you see that play and I'm like what and it is ruined for me. LOL. I now just watch it on my computer.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Will I be able to buy the Marketplace games for cheap with this free Gold deal?[/QUOTE]

No...someone said earlier you must be a paying gold member to get the discounted purchases.

[quote name='CaoPi']I gotta be a gold member to access facebook?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Facebook, last.fm, Twitter, and ESPN require gold.

[quote name='uniracer45']does video kinect work this weekend for xbox free members?[/QUOTE]

That should have been available to all accounts and not just Gold.

[quote name='3rdbass']That sucks! Even though I get it on the XBOX it always like 2 minutes behind the feed on the computer and I hate my brother calling me and saying did you see that play and I'm like what and it is ruined for me. LOL. I now just watch it on my computer.[/QUOTE]2 minutes behind? I have AT&T 6.0 here in Atlanta and it's only about 10 seconds behind DirecTV's live broadcast. Of course, DirecTV is about 20 seconds behind cable, but that's still only 30 seconds behind cable. The only time I timed it was during bowl games by the way.

[quote name='io']Same here - I've probably played online like twice in like 2 years. But still, I got most of my Gold time pretty cheap, so no sweat. PSN, on the other hand, I use all the time (mostly for LBP).

And the stupid ESPN thing, which I might otherwise take advantage of, doesn't work for me - says my ISP is not supported. Nice feature there, MS :bomb:. I have taken advantage of gold-only sales though (like the current Pac-Man CE DX one).[/QUOTE]

It's not Microsoft's fault. If an ISP doesn't pay ESPN then it doesn't have access to ESPN3.com.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Most of the time , I really don't like sonys decisions but offering free multiplayer online is an absolute gift for us from them. And it cost them money.

I feel guilty and should at least help them to get some money by paying for their psn+ membership.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing with PSN. The costs of upkeep are passed on to the publishers. Anytime they put anything up they have to pay Sony's bandwith costs for being on the service. That's why you see many more exclusives on Live vs. PSN.

PSN is great for the end user, but when you lament on how certain games are more broken on PSN vs. Live or how Live gets more content, then remember this.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/20/sony-now-charging-publishers-for-ps3-downloadable-content/

[quote name='MSUHitman']Here's the thing with PSN. The costs of upkeep are passed on to the publishers. Anytime they put anything up they have to pay Sony's bandwith costs for being on the service. That's why you see many more exclusives on Live vs. PSN.

PSN is great for the end user, but when you lament on how certain games are more broken on PSN vs. Live or how Live gets more content, then remember this.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/03/20/sony-now-charging-publishers-for-ps3-downloadable-content/[/QUOTE]

that's a great point. There's no such thing as a free lunch. You pay one way or another.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's not Microsoft's fault. If an ISP doesn't pay ESPN then it doesn't have access to ESPN3.com.[/QUOTE]

What he said. Change cable or satellite provider.

Soccer games and college football easily makes it worth it to spend $60 on xbox live. I hate the lag as well, but it is bearable. Maybe they will fix this in the future.

[quote name='oasisboy']What he said. Change cable or satellite provider.

Soccer games and college football easily makes it worth it to spend $60 on xbox live. I hate the lag as well, but it is bearable. Maybe they will fix this in the future.[/QUOTE]
Let me get this straight...

You are more than willing to PAY for an, otherwise, FREE feature which you can use on your PC?
Furthermore, you are suggesting that he/she SHOULD change their ISP so they can connect towards the paid free feature that MS offers?

lol

[quote name='cRodz']Let me get this straight...

You are more than willing to PAY for an, otherwise, FREE feature which you can use on your PC?
Furthermore, you are suggesting that he/she SHOULD change their ISP so they can connect towards the paid free feature that MS offers?

lol[/QUOTE]

ESPN isn't free. lol.

Yeah but you're still paying your ISP.

----

I wonder if I should take advantage of my gold account and cancel cable tv. There's never shit on and I really only watch ESPN and versus (during hockey playoffs).

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah but you're still paying your ISP.[/QUOTE]

Right... but I think he's saying:

Pay ISP only and use computer is better than pay ISP + pay for Xbox Live.

You do need internet for XBL you know ;).

But if your ISP doesn't carry it, you're SOL, no? So you'd either have to pony up for Gold or switch providers, which is what the first person suggested to do.

And if your ISP does carry it, it's not free either since they bake it into their monthly fees anyway.

Anyway, I gotta start taking advantage of my gold subscription.

[quote name='confoosious']But if your ISP doesn't carry it, you're SOL, no? So you'd either have to pony up for Gold or switch providers, which is what the first person suggested to do.[/QUOTE]

I already pointed out that it depends on your ISP. Some people, yes, they would be out of luck.

[quote name='confoosious']And if your ISP does carry it, it's not free either since they bake it into their monthly fees anyway.[/QUOTE]

But if your ISP does carry it, which was probably the assumption made by cRodz, you're paying for it anyways. Why pay for Gold just to get ESPN3 when you can just use your computer? It's not like ESPN3 support is a service that's optional and you can cut it to get some money back on your internet bill.

In short, if your ISP has support for ESPN3, paying for Gold to get soccer and college football games alone is stupid because it's free on the computer. cRodz probably just didn't know ESPN3 is limited to certain ISPs.

bread's done
Back