FREE Year of Amazon Prime for College Students

OptimusPrimeJewForm

CAGiversary!
Don't know if this program has been posted here before but i thought it would be useful for those heading to college this fall semester (like myself) or current college students that want to save a few bucks. Hopefully ill be using that saved money for books and umm...

:D Heres the link

And a quick summary:

Amazon Student is a free membership program created especially for college students. Amazon Student members receive benefits such as one full year of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and e-mail alerts for discounts and promotions. Current Amazon Prime members can also join the program

Benefits

Amazon Student members get exclusive discounts on a variety of products and categories. Discounts and promotions will be e-mailed to your Amazon.com e-mail account or made available on the Amazon Student membership page at www.amazon.com/student.

In addition, Amazon Student members get one full year of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime when you become a member.

It doesn't cost anything to participate in Amazon Student.

Eligibility & Sign-Up

Only students currently enrolled in a college or university who have a valid .edu e-mail address to confirm their status are eligible to participate in Amazon Student. See additional conditions at Amazon Student Terms & Conditions for more details.

To sign up, visit the Amazon Student sign-up page. Once you submit the sign-up form, you'll receive an e-mail at your .edu e-mail address to confirm the address is valid; click the verification link in that e-mail to complete the sign-up process.

If your .edu e-mail address isn't listed on your Amazon.com account, that's OK. The only e-mail we'll send to your .edu e-mail address is the verification e-mail. After that, other Amazon Student e-mails will be sent to the e-mail address listed on your Amazon.com account.

Note: If you don't receive the verification e-mail, visit this page and follow the steps to re-send the confirmation e-mail. To prevent Amazon.com's e-mail from going to your spam or junk folder, add [email protected] to your contacts or safe list.

I think I'm almost out of my free student Prime, but I'll be purchasing it again for sure. The free shipping on a years worth of purchases (or the $3.99 overnight which I also use all the time) easily pays for the service.

HIGHLY recommended.

[quote name='silentevil']I saw this and was hoping I could re-up my subscription.[/QUOTE]
I hope we can renew it... lol wonder how though

[quote name='realkilla789']Last time I renewed it, I just cancelled it and sign up again.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? They will let us the same .edu as last time?!?!!?!

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Seriously? They will let us the same .edu as last time?!?!!?![/QUOTE]
Yup, as long as you cancel it. My subscription was supposed to end in Sept 2012, but now it's Februrary since I renewed it in Feb. I'm kind of hesitant to do it now though, I can't lie. But if one of you guys want to try and tell us the results!

I still have a couple of months on my student prime so I'm hesitant to try cancelling now and re-upping. Hopefully someone with a subscription about to end can confirm for us that it still works. ;D

Last time they did this (a few months ago) you could just cancel then re-sub.

No guarantee it'll be the same this time, but I think it'll work as long as your .edu is still valid

[quote name='realkilla789']Last time I renewed it, I just cancelled it and sign up again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I did this too a few months ago.

Mine ends in July also, I hope someone comes along who has a subscription that expires in a couple of days so we know if it works.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Mine ends next month I will try then if no one else does by then.[/QUOTE]
Mine is done at the end of July, let me know how this goes. I read the f.a.qs and it said they can extended your Amazon Student account if they want to. Also interesting if your student account runs out there is no automatic renewal so your card will not be charged.

"You may cancel Amazon Student to end your free shipping benefits for any reason. Please be aware that re-enrolling in the program will not reinstate these benefits."

This seems to answer that question...

All you need is an edu email. You can be out of college and if your email is legit they still give you prime.

Bear in mind the student version of Prime is somewhat truncated and there's other benefits to being a paid member besides the free 2 day shipping, not the least of which is the streaming video service. If you decide to do a paid resub after the free year runs out it's still a great deal.

I'm not a student, but my girlfriend is. She doesn't have an Amazon account -- can I use her e-mail address for my Amazon account to get this, or would she have to create her own?

[quote name='Tsel']Being an online student, I don't have an .edu email address. Sucks.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. I go to a community college, so we don't have emails. Bah.

[quote name='CaoPi']so anyone had luck renewing?[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the post OP. My Prime was going to run out next month and I used my .edu account and got it extended until May of 2012.

[quote name='Jabrim']Thank you so much for the post OP. My Prime was going to run out next month and I used my .edu account and got it extended until May of 2012.[/QUOTE]

How did you extend it? Also have you ever extended it in the past?

[quote name='Jabrim']Thank you so much for the post OP. My Prime was going to run out next month and I used my .edu account and got it extended until May of 2012.[/QUOTE]

how many times have you renewed?

No I haven't extended in the past and this is the first time. It actually expired before and I was currently on a trial membership as it is so, this worked out great.

[quote name='CaoPi']how many times have you renewed?[/QUOTE]

This is essentially the first time, the last time I had it, it expired.

[quote name='realkilla789']So you cancelled and signed up again?[/QUOTE]

The last one I had expired, I got a free month a few weeks ago then signed up for the free year with the student e-mail. So I had a few week or two left and it just extended it until next year.

Weird situation for me, but i'll let everyone know how it works out when my sub. expires... My sub. is almost out, but I got into grad. school. Going to see if affiliating the new e-mail ad. I received works with the same account.

[quote name='Thoraxes']Weird situation for me, but i'll let everyone know how it works out when my sub. expires... My sub. is almost out, but I got into grad. school. Going to see if affiliating the new e-mail ad. I received works with the same account.[/QUOTE]

you had a trial or Student prime for 1 yr before renewing?

So mine expires July 12th as well. The good news is my little sister starts college in the fall and already has her .edu email address. Can I add this to my current account to get another free year of Prime? If not, is it a limit one per household or can I create a new Amazon account and link her school email to it for a free year?

Hi guys, like some of you, I have come to the end of my first year of Amazon Prime Student Membership (June 23). I contacted Amazon seeing if it was possible to extend it one more year since I'll be returning to school next fall, this is what they said:

"I'm sorry; Currently we've no option to extend your Amazon Prime Student Membership. Amazon Prime Student Membership is only available for one year. If in the future there is a possibility to extend it, we'll inform you through e-mail."

:(

Last night I used the same .edu address on both of my Amazon accounts (one already had Prime-- I created two accounts with the same email by mistake a few years ago... don't ask XD). Amazon said there was no way for them to combine the accounts or at least transfer over my credit. Anyways, everything seems to be working fine; ordered a CD/7" combo off the second account w/ Prime. Will report back here if they email me about having the same info on both accounts.

[quote name='adonis 27']Hi guys, like some of you, I have come to the end of my first year of Amazon Prime Student Membership (June 23). I contacted Amazon seeing if it was possible to extend it one more year since I'll be returning to school next fall, this is what they said:

"I'm sorry; Currently we've no option to extend your Amazon Prime Student Membership. Amazon Prime Student Membership is only available for one year. If in the future there is a possibility to extend it, we'll inform you through e-mail."

:([/QUOTE]
make a new account and use the same edu address !!!

bread's done
Back