Free year of OnLive subscription+Free game!

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
http://www.onlive.com/signup

so no monthly fee for a year, $50 value

they put you on a waiting list so first come first served im assuming

*Thanks to prototypeM for following tip*

According to follow up email you get a free game too

" For those who haven't yet redeemed your one free game Coupon Code, please do so ASAP! In order to encourage you to redeem your Coupon Code and spend some time playing games during this short beta, we will be sending out a second free game Coupon Code* the week of June 21st - but only to those users who redeem their first game Coupon Code now and help us test! "

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they sent some early folks a year membership free as well as one free game. I was lucky to get in on that. Looking forward to trying the service.

I ust read the terms and condition carefully after signing up. On top of paying a monthly fee (it's waived for the year because of this), you have to buy the games as well. In the e-mail I got after signing up, it says we will get a coupon for one free game.

From the e-mail I got after signing up:

For those who haven't yet redeemed your one free game Coupon Code, please do so ASAP! In order to encourage you to redeem your Coupon Code and spend some time playing games during this short beta, we will be sending out a second free game Coupon Code* the week of June 21st - but only to those users who redeem their first game Coupon Code now and help us test!

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']What's the point of this service?[/QUOTE]

It's PS3/PSP remote play on steroids. Well, that's the theory of it anyways....

According to what I read, you have to pay a 'play fee' for each game you want to play, in addition to the subscription fee (which is waived in this offer). So you still do not get to play any actual games without paying a fee for them, beyond the free game, which I am still trying to find out how exactly the free game works.

A PlayPass grants you access to play a game for a specified period of time. Membership is required to purchase and use a PlayPass. PlayPass options available:

• Full: Provides unlimited access to the selected game throughout its supported lifetime on the OnLive service. We expect to keep all games supported for as long as people continue to play them, but at a minimum, all current games will be supported for 3 years after their release on the OnLive Service.
  • 5-Day: Provides unlimited access to the selected game for five (5) days from purchase.
  • 3-Day: Provides unlimited access to the selected game for three (3) days from purchase.

In the highly unlikely situation that a game becomes permanently unavailable before the minimum term of your PlayPass, you will receive a prorated refund.

I don't see any information on how much a PlayPass costs without signing up for an account and checking it manually, so if someone already has done that, maybe they can post how much they cost.

My guess is that the PlayPass for the unlimited play will be around the cost of purchasing the game. the 3 and 5 day passes seem more like rentals to me, so i figure about $7-9. I have a 360 and a PS3, but still signed up to give this a shot. At the very least, it would be a free game for a year.

The point of the service is so that people without a decent computer or a video game system can still play video games on their crappy computer with high speed internet.

Note, however, that the games run at low graphics settings, and at lower resolution. It's bearable on a TV screen in your living room, but on a 22" 1680x1050 monitor, it's not pretty.

Also, as stated above, you'd only be able to play demos, and the free game that you get from this.

I would takes advantage of it and a free game (for a year) sounds enticing but I don't want to give out my CC#.

Wish i never signed up but i did not fully read all the comments until now. I got a nice pc and a ps3/360 and even a DS for those older type game feel. I am addicted to pogo land! :)

[quote name='utopianmachine']Yeah, they sent some early folks a year membership free as well as one free game. I was lucky to get in on that. Looking forward to trying the service.[/QUOTE]

I was too. I am interested in trying it out. Sounds interesting.

[quote name='CaoPi']hmmm interesting....[/QUOTE]

I've seen the pic before, and I'm pretty sure the Cammy in your profile pic is a man.

At this point in time you're basically paying $15 a month (when it goes premium) for better graphics and the ability to play with a keyboard and mouse. If you already have a console it's only worth it if you want those features.

Nonetheless I signed up. Thanks OP.

I have a very old computer so I signed up to see how it is. Free is free after all. Or it turns out Hal Halpin was pulling the strings and we could be up for ECA Round 2: Electric Boogaloo.

[quote name='haru3173']Are they giving out a free hard copy of the game or just downloadable game?[/QUOTE]

Onlive doesn't use hard copies and it doesn't even download the game to your hard drive. It streams the game from their servers to your pc. Perfect for today's publishers who don't want people to be able to touch a product they paid for! Heaven forbid someone being able to play a game without big brother knowing or without big brothers permission!

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']How do you get a free game? I was just taken off the waiting list...[/QUOTE]
In the email you received it should clearly state how to do it. The email I got did anyway. I was picked today as well. Had a code and instructions on how to use it.
[quote name='volt1up']So I was selected but my internet connection doesn't meet their minimum requirements :/[/QUOTE]
How does that work? Wouldn't they have known that from your survey answers? Where did it tell you, when you launched the client? I noticed it was doing System testing or something like that when it launched.

[quote name='jp0213']In the email you received it should clearly state how to do it. The email I got did anyway. I was picked today as well. Had a code and instructions on how to use it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting I got accepted today and I have already sign in but in neither emails I see anything regarding a free game?

From the email I got this morning:

Hi XXXXXX,

Congratulations! You have been selected from the wait-list for membership activation and immediate access to the OnLive Game Service.

Click on the one-time-use URL below to begin the OnLive Founding Members Program registration process. Upon completing registration, you will receive 12 months of free access* to the OnLive Game Service on your PC or Mac via a wired broadband connection with the option to continue your membership for a second year at $4.95/month on a month-to-month basis. Note that a valid US credit card will be required to confirm you are at least 18 years of age, and will be used for any purchases within OnLive.

Also, for being one of the first registrants to the Founding Members Program, you are receiving a FREE game coupon code which you can use towards the purchase of a game of your choosing on the OnLive Game Service. Thank you again for your enthusiastic support of OnLive!

Your coupon code for one (1) free game** is "XXXXXXXX". Enter this coupon code in OnLive's "Confirm PlayPass Purchase" screen by selecting the "Apply Promo Code" button and entering your code. You can use this coupon code on any one Full PlayPass purchase within 30 days of today.

Wow that sucks. I thought everyone who got in got the free-game thing. I just assumed it was part of it.

[quote name='jp0213']Wow that sucks. I thought everyone who got in got the free-game thing. I just assumed it was part of it.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing I was just fine on just been accepted for the free year service but now that I know they were a free code for a game I'm upset,lol!

I always thought this was a big fail. Any one remember the phantom console Link

phantom_console_lg_2.jpg

[quote name='NemesisEnforcer']I the code for the free game if for any game that you may want to choose?[/QUOTE]
As far as I can tell. For me it kinda sucks because out of all the games on the list to "buy", here is my breakdown.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Already Own
Borderlands - Already Own
Defense Grid Gold - Already Own
Dirt 2 - Already Own
F.E.A.R. 2 - Already Own
Just Cause 2 - Already Own
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Already Own
Trine - Already Own
Unreal Tournament III - Already Own
World of Goo - Already Own

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Already beat on a friend's console.

Assassin's Creed II - Refuse to support that crap DRM.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Refuse to support that crap DRM.

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - Not Available for PlayPass yet

Don't have.
AAAAAaaaaaAAAAAA
Brain Challenge
Madballs in Babo: Invasion
Puzzle Chronicles
Shatter

All the games in the don't have list and have no other issues just seem so small of games to waste the free on. I noticed in the email it said wired 360 controller. I only have wireless, wont really know if it has a problem until I finally break down and buy a game.

Oh wow, I got emailed from them and got in. But I hear the video compression is horrible, but that was a first impressions deal so hopefully it got resolved or was a fluke.

it's cool you can watch other people play
was looking for mass effect 2 at launch, but I guess the ea games aren't up yet

[quote name='jp0213']As far as I can tell. For me it kinda sucks because out of all the games on the list to "buy", here is my breakdown.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Already Own
Borderlands - Already Own
Defense Grid Gold - Already Own
Dirt 2 - Already Own
F.E.A.R. 2 - Already Own
Just Cause 2 - Already Own
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Already Own
Trine - Already Own
Unreal Tournament III - Already Own
World of Goo - Already Own

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Already beat on a friend's console.

Assassin's Creed II - Refuse to support that crap DRM.
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Refuse to support that crap DRM.

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - Not Available for PlayPass yet

Don't have.
AAAAAaaaaaAAAAAA
Brain Challenge
Madballs in Babo: Invasion
Puzzle Chronicles
Shatter

All the games in the don't have list and have no other issues just seem so small of games to waste the free on. I noticed in the email it said wired 360 controller. I only have wireless, wont really know if it has a problem until I finally break down and buy a game.[/QUOTE]

Out of Just Cause 2 and Batman which do you think is better? Just wondering what to use my coupon on. :p

That's a tough choice. You have the true sandbox nature of Just Cause 2, but Batman: Arkham Asylum is an awesome game. I've replayed Batman 2 or 3 times now across different platforms. Just Cause 2, if you do all of the side missions could have a long play life on a first "play-thru". I personally would go with Batman.

bread's done
Back