freeIPods is a scam...

BlaseDeviant

CAGiversary!
...they sent them out to like 200 people or so, and the rest of the users get nothing for completing their offers.

Sad but true. I e-mailed them about receiving no credit, and they just said to piss off basically.

How else could they turn a profit, it's logical.

I thought everyone knew it's like the first 200 people or something.

I agree though that it's rather mean of them to do this

What the hell do you think a "pyramid" scheme is?

The first ones in get it, the last ones don't since they're on the bottom

hey... everyone warned yall what would happen.. i even posted on the front page of the flat screen thread explaining what a pyramid scheme is.. so dont bitch about getting stiffed..

i didn't know that. My friend actually got one. I'm so mad, because he referred me but I never took the time to finish it.

I thought people were still getting them? As long as you can still find 5 unique referrals, I don't see why they would screw you as they're still profiting.

HA! I knew it was too good to be true! I declared BS on it and got flamed for it, BUT WHOSE LAUGHING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

nobody else got one? It looked like a scam when my friend sent it to me, but he just got it in the mail. Free shipping, no payment of any sort.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']free ipods is a scam? what a day...and i just found out 5 minutes ago that tupac died[/quote]

son of a...Tupac died? Dammit, this is the worst Friday night EVER!

Yea...Well, I dont mean to be an ass...but that turd stained the bedsheets of CAG long enough...I'm glad to see that shit gone...it just goes to show that stupidity in america still exists and possibly stronger than ever.

At least everyone now will realize....if its too GOOD to be true...(like getting a free 400 dollar portable music player)....it usually is.

i was a first place winner in a shrek 2 sweepstakes on hewlett packards website and won a $500 digital camera....received it in the mail a few days ago...i know that if its too good to be true, it usually is....but damn did i get lucky...

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i was a first place winner in a shrek 2 sweepstakes on hewlett packards website and won a $500 digital camera....received it in the mail a few days ago...i know that if its too good to be true, it usually is....but damn did i get lucky...[/quote]

A contest is much different then thinking they'll give you a free $400 i-pod simply for signing up some of your friends. There's a reason pyramid schemes are illegal people.. think about it. Y'all got dragged in by the promise of something for nothing without bothering to really think about what you were doing. And I agree with mookyjooky, praise god that damn thing will be off this site.

Well, if it's the promise of something for nothing nobody really loses anything, so what's the problem?

In this case, of course, you do have to pay something, even if it isn't money.

I watched my friend open his free ipod 2 days ago. He started long after the big boom started, and all 6 offers (1 + 5 ref) used the ebay offer.

I still need 3 more people. And no, I dont think this is a scam.

Go to gearlive.com

Some people got em just a few days ago.

freeipods = NO SCAM.

Its hardly a scam. They do a lot of checks to catch people using fake emails or the same person signing up for two offers. If one of your completes doesnt click their verification email or something, you're not getting your ipod, which is why some people might think they are being scammed. You have to follow their precise rules if you want something for free.

Well, I think should they have doubled referrals from 5 to 10, that way it would Triple your chances of actually getting the Ipod.

But as some have said they rely on people only getting 2-3 referrals then dropping out.

[quote name='Darkfire001']Well, I think should they have doubled referrals from 5 to 10, that way it would Triple your chances of actually getting the Ipod.

But as some have said they rely on people only getting 2-3 referrals then dropping out.[/quote]

Yes. And they kinda break even when 5 people complete.

People are still getting them everyday. The AOL offer IS THE SHADIEST. Many people have not recieved credit for it. InFone is a much better choice.

Ah, I just love listening to the poor dumb non-believers who are missing out on this cause they think they are so jaded and refuse to believe it isn't a scam. They are still shipping out ipods. Check freeipodguide.com for pics of people who just got theirs. I'll post my pics ASAP.

And for you people who can't seem to grasp how the company behind this makes money, read this:
http://people.bu.edu/jbrock/ipod_analysis.htm

Hey, I was like all of you people once too. I brushed it aside as the latest internet BS. But when some personal friends who I really trust had success with it, I had to try...and now look. It got me a $300 piece of hardware for free. But fine, keep disbelieving if you want. Your loss.

AOL went through after a day for one of my friends, it was the one with musicnet. They do still give you a hassle cancelling it, but it still credits. Infone goes through almost instantly though.

bread's done
Back