Freeloaders United: What happens when people who use the system abuse the system

In a thread dedicated to bashing freeloaders, you want to talk shit about a law that makes less people free load? Do you know what irony is?

Since you like changing the subject so much, maybe you can regale us with your tale about how the "Founders" were such a monolithic group instead of making the relationship between veterans benefits, EBT, and the PPACA as described in the link.

Or just maybe, you can figure out what's wrong with the commentary on that link to begin with and call it out for the bullshit that it is with a little integrity for once instead of doubling down because your ideology is in epistemic closure.

#donedohdough

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to help a deaf, pregnant lady last night in public housing. No job, no husband, but 4 other kids (not counting the one stillborn). The best part was when her girlfriends asked what to do with all her kids while we transported her to the hospital. On a previous day, another medic unit was called just to babysit her kids. Did I also mention that the smartphone she typed on to communicate with me was wayyyyy more expensive than my own? Welfare queens do exist.

How many examples do you want, bro? I've got whole city blocks full of these selfish idiots. Welfare, SNAP, disability, medicare, free housing, utility subsidies, free cell phones, subsidized insurance programs, WIC....why should I work and save again?

How much you pay to support the permanent underclass depends on your own income. Unless you are making lots of money, you probably aren't getting hit that much. Even if you're not on welfare, you still get the benefit of the freeways and shit. Those things are expensive and generally inefficient for what you get.

At the end of the day, millionaires and billionaires are paying for all of our freeways, welfare and what not. My opposition to welfare is not based so much on the taxes levied on the middle class, but what the effects of welfare has on the people it is intended to help.

Bill Clinton and all those people who accomplished welfare reform in the 90s get a lot of credit for improving the situation. But there is what I like to call welfare innovation that overcomes the good welfare to work programs we have. The biggest example is how hard disability is getting slammed. It should be made a bigger deal than it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back