Friday the 13th Blue-Ray set $69.99 at wbshop.com

How much was your Nightmare set? I've been watching it on Amazon UK, it's at ~$30 US right now. I went ahead and bit.

Do you guys think this is worth it at this price if I already have all the films on DVD, and 1, 2, 3, and the reboot on bluray? How much better looking and sounding can 4 through X really get for $69.99?

Also, does WBshop accept paypal?

I believe there were stackable coupons months ago (when I ordered).

Breakdown of charges when shipped are as follows:

Nightmare: 23.98-7.30 (discount)+1.17 (tax) = 17.85

Friday Collection: $90.97-27.70 (discount) +4.43 (tax) = 67.70

I believe they had a $25 coupon earlier stacking with the $5 and free shipping of course

Wow, I am so glad I check the DVD thread every morning. Was able to cancel my amazon order and get it from WB, thanks for saving me $25 dollars OP!! :bow:

Do you guys think this is worth it at this price if I already have all the films on DVD, and 1, 2, 3, and the reboot on bluray? How much better looking and sounding can 4 through X really get for $69.99?

Also, does WBshop accept paypal?
From my understanding, it is not worth it at all. If you read the Amazon reviews, you can see how cheap they are being with the set. Everything is the R-rated cut, and some of the special features are missing from certain DVDs. I am sure some of the films look better (I especially want to see how the Jason X Blu looks), but otherwise it probably isn't worth it. The 3rd film isn't even in 3D. Sounds like a huge rip-off to me.

Totally cancelled my Amazon pre-order and did it through WBshop yesterday. Such a sweet deal. Is anyone getting the Crystal Lake Memories set? It's a 6-7 hour documentary on the Friday The 13th series. That comes out tomorrow as well through Amazon and Crystallakememories.net. I ordered the autographed version from Dark Delicacies, but that one is not available anymore. There is also a nice hardcover / coffee table book with the same name that is really nice (the Blu-Ray collection has an abridged version of it). For fans of the Nightmare On Elm Street series, the documentary "Never Sleep Again" will also be coming to Blu-Ray soon! I wish there was a documentary like these for the Halloween series, even though I only like the first two.

Hmm I'm a huge fan of Freddy ( a bit more than Jason) so I will probably be looking into Never sleep again. Now to find Horror movie steelbook's that are not 50+ a piece :whistle2:(

From my understanding, it is not worth it at all. If you read the Amazon reviews, you can see how cheap they are being with the set. Everything is the R-rated cut, and some of the special features are missing from certain DVDs. I am sure some of the films look better (I especially want to see how the Jason X Blu looks), but otherwise it probably isn't worth it. The 3rd film isn't even in 3D. Sounds like a huge rip-off to me.
The lack of a true 3D blu-ray release is really disappointing. I saw part 3 in theaters and remember it fondly. The stand alone was the red and green 3d but it just doesn't cut it.

Head's up on your orders, guys. Lots of people are reporting messed up sets and missing and / or duplicate discs on the Blu-Ray.com forums. My copy arrived from WBshop a few days ago and luckily everything is just fine. Check all your discs to make sure they're labeled correctly and play the correct films.

Head's up on your orders, guys. Lots of people are reporting messed up sets and missing and / or duplicate discs on the Blu-Ray.com forums. My copy arrived from WBshop a few days ago and luckily everything is just fine. Check all your discs to make sure they're labeled correctly and play the correct films.
Thanks for the heads up, my order is still in process :(. Hopefully I at least get one shipped to me, amazon prime has spoiled me rotten.

bread's done
Back