Friday The 13th Remake

the remake will be a lot fun from what I can tell.

friday the 13th unrated that is coming out on dvd tuesday is hella lame. 30extra seconds of footage...its very disappointing.
the audio though is done extremely well.

I'll see it.

I saw a trailer before My Bloody Valentine that showed like 30,429 people getting slashed to hell.

....well, close anyway.

I'll see it. In fact I'm pretty excited for it.

I mean, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was really good, so I have high hopes for this.

[quote name='aihuman']I always confuse Friday the 13th with Nightmare on Elm Street.That was a good game.[/QUOTE]
You, sir, are a liar. Both games sucked.

[quote name='naiku']the remake will be a lot fun from what I can tell.

friday the 13th unrated that is coming out on dvd tuesday is hella lame. 30extra seconds of footage...its very disappointing.
the audio though is done extremely well.[/quote]

That's a crucial 30 seconds though. It's all death scenes. Back then the MPAA refused to let the movies come out because the deaths were too gory. This is essentially a director's cut now.

I don't see how this is a remake. Well atleast of the first one. In the first one it was his mother doing the killing and they built it up to make you think it was him then bam it was his mother. i'm not sure if i'm going to like this one but do plan on seeing it. I wonder how good the nightmare on elm street remake will be.

[quote name='sendme']I don't see how this is a remake. Well atleast of the first one. In the first one it was his mother doing the killing and they built it up to make you think it was him then bam it was his mother. i'm not sure if i'm going to like this one but do plan on seeing it. I wonder how good the nightmare on elm street remake will be.[/QUOTE]

Without Robert Englund? I don't have high hopes. That dude is Freddy.

[quote name='sendme']I don't see how this is a remake. Well atleast of the first one. In the first one it was his mother doing the killing and they built it up to make you think it was him then bam it was his mother. i'm not sure if i'm going to like this one but do plan on seeing it. I wonder how good the nightmare on elm street remake will be.[/quote][quote name='JoiletJake'] Plus he didn't get the hockey mask until the 3rd film i think.[/QUOTE]
The film will take elements from the first four films. So that explains that.

NOES without Englund will not be right. I's different when it's just some guy in a mask, but you actually see Englund as Freddy

As a fan of the F13 series, I'll be seeing this, but also as a fan of the series, I'm not gonna go in witha any sort of expectations. That way if I hate it I won't be disappointed, and if I like it I'll be pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='sendme']In the first one it was his mother doing the killing... [/quote]

[quote name='JolietJake']Plus he didn't get the hockey mask until the 3rd film i think.[/quote]

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Dear Hollywood: Please stop ruining my childhood. Thx.[/quote]

True, true, and true. :cry:

Why wouldn't Englund do it? Think of how much money they'd save on makeup now that he's naturally wrinkly.

[quote name='kscripter']So Jason X was so bad they have to reboot the series?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, what do you think about Jason in space?

[quote name='Kayden']Why wouldn't Englund do it? Think of how much money they'd save on makeup now that he's naturally wrinkly.[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indeed... I can't see anyone else being freddy.

I am having high expectations, because Chainsaw was good!

I don't know...Looks like the same old Jason. I always hated the slasher films from the 80's though with the exception of the Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser movies (the latter is not really a slasher film though); Those two movies had some imagination where as the Friday the 13th flicks was the same old repeated over and over again..

This one is supposed to compile the first three movies. So the mother AND him should be the killers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of wanted the Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash flick they had the script for but weren't able to make before they started on the reboots. Oh well. At least the comic book version was entertaining.

I'll check this out eventually...I'd rather see it in the theater than on DVD, though.

[quote name='JJSP']You, sir, are a liar. Both games sucked.
smile.gif
[/quote]
I had both games, and threw them out after playing ~30 minutes on each. Crap.

[quote name='BrinX']I had both games, and threw them out after playing ~30 minutes on each. Crap.[/QUOTE]

Friday the 13th was horse shit through and through. On the other hand, NOES, while horse shit, was actually a lot of fun to play through with four people.

i honestly don't know what would be worse another sequel or this remake. This having Michael Bay attached to it increases the shit factor 10 fold. I am sure many things will be bigger and louder with possibly an explosion at the end.

Wasn't Michael Bay attached to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake? That turned out well.

Besides, I'd rather have Friday the 13th from him than another teen drama aka Transformers.

[quote name='whoknows']Wasn't Michael Bay attached to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake? That turned out well.

Besides, I'd rather have Friday the 13th from him than another teen drama aka Transformers.[/quote]

dude who gets murdered in all those movies, Teens and getting chased by a killer is dramatic

If it's anything like the Texas Chainsaw remake and prequel, or the first Hills Have Eyes remake, I'll fucking love this movie. I absolutely love the settings for the Friday movies. Creepy old campgrounds and rustic cabins. I hope the first movie has scenes from when the camp was "safe" before Jason drowned. At least an extended flashback or something.

TCM remake was crap...TCM prequel was watchable.

I'm keeping my expectations low on this one, although I'm a huge F13th fan.

The hills have eyes two sucked hard.

What was the name of the movie with the chicks that went spelunking and got killed?

[quote name='Kayden']The hills have eyes two sucked hard.

What was the name of the movie with the chicks that went spelunking and got killed?[/quote]
The Descent? That's only one I can think of with all chick cast.

That sounds about right.

That movie scared me before the cannibals even showed up. Just the thought of being trapped so deep underground in the pitch black like that... I was actually relieved when they started getting eaten. I'd much rather be torn apart than slowly starve to death in the dark abyss.

[quote name='JJSP']You, sir, are a liar. Both games sucked.[/quote]

the friday the 13th game was actually kinda good, but it was way tooo unforgiving for a nes game. you had to be a video game player god/excellent field commander/anbd have great sense of direction all in one. lol

[quote name='sendme']I don't see how this is a remake. Well atleast of the first one. In the first one it was his mother doing the killing and they built it up to make you think it was him then bam it was his mother. i'm not sure if i'm going to like this one but do plan on seeing it. I wonder how good the nightmare on elm street remake will be.[/quote]

I am excited for the nightmare remake. I love freddy movies and the mythos created about freddy in the new nightmare was very intriguing. imho there is no reason why there shouldn't be any new freddy movies. (and to those who think englund can be the only freddy, remember the new nightmare. the ancient demon enjoys the freddy form, so as long as those stories are being told it does not matter who dons the freddy persona. besides freddy was meant to be more of a darker character than the clown prince of murder he became after the first movie.

[quote name='JolietJake']Plus he didn't get the hockey mask until the 3rd film i think.[/quote]

I think you are right I just remember a sack on his head on the second movie

[quote name='PR Mega X']Without Robert Englund? I don't have high hopes. That dude is Freddy.[/quote]

again, anyone can be freddy if they tell the story as dark as it is meant to be.

despite the fact that his mother was the villain in this one,and jason didnt do anything till the end..ill still see it, it just looks like fun :)

Too unforgiving? NES? The NES could only handle 8 colors, 3 sounds and 1 soul crushing difficulty.

Robert Enguland IS Freddy Kreuger. No discussion. He made the character and gave him personality and dark wit that he's forever associated with. Anyone else trying to fill those shoes will be either too much of a slasher or trying to do their best Jim Carey impersionation.

[quote name='Kayden']That sounds about right.

That movie scared me before the cannibals even showed up. Just the thought of being trapped so deep underground in the pitch black like that... I was actually relieved when they started getting eaten. I'd much rather be torn apart than slowly starve to death in the dark abyss.[/QUOTE]

I heart this movie. I just watched it again the other day at some chicks house. One of my favs.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']
I think you are right I just remember a sack on his head on the second movie
[/QUOTE]

I might have dreamed it, but it seems like there was a shot of Jason with a sack on his head in the trailer.

He spends a portion of the new movie with the sack, then finds the mask.

Yes, he originally got the mask in the third movie, from a prankster kid named Shelly, then used it to play another prank (called "Betcha I can hit you from here with this harpoon.") on some chick.

The game was cool though, I liked that when I was a kid, playing it late at night in the summertime with the lights off. You only had like 6 counselors to use...if Chrissy or Mark died you were fucked. Longs trips to find the sickle and the magic sweater were frustrating. Plus it was scary as hell when you walked into a cabin and saw Jason's life bar in the corner (Shit, he's in here!) or the screen suddenly stopped scrolling (SHIT, HERE HE COMES!). Only thing that sucked, same problem with its sister LJN horror game Nightmare on Elm Street, was most of the enemies were illogical to the franchise. Snakes, spiders, wolves...fucking Creatures From The Black Lagoon jumped out of Crystal Lake. It was like they knew what they wanted to to but had to throw in some Castlevania II type bullshit to appeal to a large audience. But the game was absolutely revolutionary for its time, and most certainly the first true survival horror game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='specialk']I might have dreamed it, but it seems like there was a shot of Jason with a sack on his head in the trailer.[/quote]

God i watched most of them and they are all pretty boring especially Jason Takes Manhattan even though it really takes place on the love boat this movie is terribad

[quote name='whoknows']I'll see it. In fact I'm pretty excited for it.

I mean, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was really good, so I have high hopes for this.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say really good, I'd say not terrible. The original was utterly amazing, the remake was okay, but nothing really special compared the rest of the new-age horror drivel that's been spewed up since the late 90's / 2000's

The remake looks interesting, but I'm keeping expectations low.

The original was amazing in it's time, but I like the remake better.

The only way I could honestly see someone liking the original better is in a nostalgic way.

bread's done
Back