Friday the 13th!

twanky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So it's friday the 13th, anyone expecting anything weird to happen? I'm gonna avoid black cats and breaking mirrors.

f13th9nr.jpg

http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/historical/a/friday_the_13th.htm

pretty good article talkin about the myth ;) It's actually quite interesting how the superstition just popped up

"Even more problematic, for this or any other theory positing premodern origins for Friday the 13th superstitions, is the fact that no one has been able to document the existence of such beliefs prior to the 19th century. If people who lived before the late 1800s perceived Friday the 13th as a day of special misfortune, no evidence has been found to prove it. Some scholars suspect the stigma is a thoroughly modern phenomenon exacerbated by 20th-century media hype."

[quote name='onetrackmind']a side note: my birthday has fallen on friday the 13th quite a few times in my life.[/QUOTE]

Like every 6 years or so perhaps? :)

We had something real weird happen in one of our neighboring cities today. Some arsonist decided to set off mutliple fires around the city. It ended up being a wherehouse that burned to the ground and about eight homes that were destroyed but five of those homes were vacant.

My birthday is today and also born on a Friday. I don't expect anything weird to happen today.. cept it was nice sleeping to rain. I remember the last time my birthday landed on Friday the 13th was 8th grade I think.... so maybe every 3 years =P.

Is it said people who were born on Friday the 13th are superstitous?

My nephew was born on Friday the 13th (July) and my sister named him Jason Michael Curtis...all coincidental.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']My birthday is today and also born on a Friday. I don't expect anything weird to happen today.. cept it was nice sleeping to rain. I remember the last time my birthday landed on Friday the 13th was 8th grade I think.... so maybe every 3 years =P.

Is it said people who were born on Friday the 13th are superstitous? [/QUOTE]

It can't be every three years. Didn't you ever notice that your birthday moves ahead exactly one day of the week every year except leap years? That's on the Julian calendar, of course.

[quote name='mtxbass1']My battery died in my brand new car. It's a curse I tell's ya.[/QUOTE]

brand new car? man thats some luck!

[quote name='Backlash']It can't be every three years. Didn't you ever notice that your birthday moves ahead exactly one day of the week every year except leap years? That's on the Julian calendar, of course.[/QUOTE]

That's true. Well I wasn't thinking so much on it, but using my computer.. I just check back when my birthday landed on a Friday before today and it was 1994. So maybe around 10 years for me.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']brand new car? man thats some luck![/QUOTE]

It's all good though. Dealer towed it, had it back delivered to me in 3 hours. :)

Have any of you been to crystal lake in illinois? in the fall you can see fog comming of the lake and streats looks like like the movies is a awsome site to see nice city to

I did not know until I saw this post, but there is something scratching at the ceiling. but I bet it is those squirrels that were there last year, I hope :pray:

[quote name='Ledhed']Didn't even occur to me. Comforting, considering I have a 4-hour drive to make later tonite...[/QUOTE]

Dang Led, where you heading on a 4 hour drive?? Well nothing happened to me today, but my bro got into a fight while playing basketball at the courts today. So lame, people need to grow up.

bread's done
Back