Fright Night: 30th Anniversary Edition (1985) Blu-ray - $29.95 [PRE-ORDER]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
PRE-ORDER LIVE: :br: Fright Night: 30th Anniversary Edition (1985) Blu-ray (Limited to 5,000)

Price: $29.95

Release Date: January 20, 2015

Shipping: $4.35 ($0.95 per additional item)

Limit 3 per customer

Link: SAE

28467.jpg

Fright Night (1985), writer/director Tom Holland’s homage to classic horror films, stars Chris Sarandon as the suave vampire next door and Roddy McDowall as the washed-up actor turned vampire killer who attempts to thwart the ambassador of evil’s designs on a peaceful suburban enclave. This cult favorite features superb visual effects from a team headed by Richard Edlund (Ghostbusters) and Randall Cook (The Lord of the Rings), and is presented here with an isolated score track by composer Brad Fiedel.

LANGUAGE: English
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA / English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1985 / Color
106 MINUTES
RATED: R
REGION FREE

Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors Chris Sarandon and Jonathan Stark and Moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan / Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors William Ragsdale and Stephen Geoffreys, FX Artist Randall Cook and Moderated by Journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan / First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel – Fear Fest 2 (2008) with Tom Holland, Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Stephen Geoffreys, Amanda Bearse, Jonathan Stark and Moderated by Rob Galluzzo / Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek / Vintage EPK with Behind-the-Scenes Raw Footage / Stills and Memorabilia Gallery from the Tom Holland Archives / Original Theatrical Trailers

The quality of Twilight Time releases makes me weary of preordering (unless the intention is just to flip it), but they're always limited so it's a catch 22 of sorts. Glad this one has more special features than the 2011 version.

Me and the misses loved this movie when we were younger. Might grab this, especially with it being a limited edition.

My collector sense is tingling.

With Twilight Time it's value really depends on the movie itself, not the edition size. They have a lot of movies with a print run of 3000-5000 that sell on ebay less than the cost. With this film having a pretty nice cult following, $50 may be the flip amount. A 3000 edition copy was released a couple years ago with a magnet and gets $60-$75 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
5,000 is made. It can net around $100 plus a year later
Could.

There are now 8,000 copies of this film in the wild released by Shout (not to mention it was released in other regions). That is more then a lot of normal studio catalog titles get. The wheels will fall off shortly after people start receiving them (and try and flip).

You guys will pay $30 for this film? Wow. I finally grabbed Garden State because it was $5 to replace my Region B Copy. No way would any catalog title get $30 from me, but I guess the hype alone will sway people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is this in the DEALS section?

I mean ok yeah it will be limited and so on so its worth mentioning. But why not mention it in the general discussion area instead of clogging up the deals section with just another announcement that isn't actually a deal?

This movie was selling for close to $200, it was the first movie to sell out from SAE. Thus creating a bubble with several of the horror films released from twilight time, I doubt we will see anything close as to what this fetched but time will tell.

I wouldn't order from them. When The Blob came out people were ordering from them and TCM couldn't fulfill the orders so a lot of them were up and cancelled.
I had the interesting experience that SAE cancelled my order for The Blob, then TCM had it listed as backordered for 2 weeks then shipped me a copy. Unfortunately the TCM copy had 3 deep scratches that rendered the first 15 minutes of the movie unplayable. I was not pleased.

I will say though that Twilight Time came through for me because I messaged them about it and they sent me their office copy to replace my bad one. I have bought several more of their releases because with customer service like that I will support them 100%.

I also grabbed this Fright Night release since I missed the previous one. Hopefully no shenanigans occur this go around.

Did you post that on br.com? I remember someone posting something like that happening to them. And I remember the member that ordered it and it up and dissappeared all together.

After hearing all the horror stories about TCM I won't ever order from them again. I did one time and they pissed me off so I'm done with them.

Now TT, I haven't had any issues with them at all. I had to cancel an order because I had to pay for my meds. And they were very quick and prompt about it.

Did you post that on br.com? I remember someone posting something like that happening to them. And I remember the member that ordered it and it up and dissappeared all together.

After hearing all the horror stories about TCM I won't ever order from them again. I did one time and they pissed me off so I'm done with them.

Now TT, I haven't had any issues with them at all. I had to cancel an order because I had to pay for my meds. And they were very quick and prompt about it.
I did post that on br.com haha. Aside from SAE cancelling my Blob order I haven't had any problems with them. TCM on the other hand has bungled more than one order of mine so I'm consciously avoiding them going forward.

I did post that on br.com haha. Aside from SAE cancelling my Blob order I haven't had any problems with them. TCM on the other hand has bungled more than one order of mine so I'm consciously avoiding them going forward.
I believe you posted some pics irrc. If you did, and they were the ones I thought they were then yeah...they were pretty bad. Sad because blu rays are supposed to be pretty good about not getting damaged.

But yeah SAE/TT, I haven't any issues and will continue to deal with them when I can. My only real complaint is the servers. Man when those take a hit...they really take a hit. I mean common SAE, you need to update that junk.

There will be 8,000 copies of this title out in Region A. That's more copies then some major studio catalog Blu runs.
I'm good with that. I preordered because I'm a huge fan of this film, and because I don't have it on blu ray. The demand is there, so I'm sure they will release more in a few years.

I'm good with that. I preordered because I'm a huge fan of this film, and because I don't have it on blu ray. The demand is there, so I'm sure they will release more in a few years.
Well I believe Twilight Time has a 3 year exclusivity on this release so no more re-releases will happen until about 3 years from now. Of course there are the International versions that are much cheaper - you just have to import them and hope they are region free.

Well I believe Twilight Time has a 3 year exclusivity on this release so no more re-releases will happen until about 3 years from now. Of course there are the International versions that are much cheaper - you just have to import them and hope they are region free.
There are going to be some available near or right after release.

bread's done
Back