FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='Bezerker']According to the Fringe Wikia my theories about Peter's future may be wrong. It says that September is
The boy in the basement

Gotta say, the end of the last episode was way too on the nose to be taken seriously
Peter writing down something about Windmark's origin point and then pulling out a tuft of hair?
[/QUOTE]
I'm with ya I still think peter is September

This has secretly been an EXCELLENT season of FRINGE. It started out a little off (maybe the jump in timelines needed some getting used to?) but they seem to have found their footing and we are headed to an epic conclusion to the series.

Haven't we already seen that? The day of the picnic in the park with Peter, Olivia and their daughter was when it happened.

I'm so sad to see it go...glad it got a chance at an ending, but sucks. I really hoped another network would make an offer to pick it up. Series would have been great on SyFy.

Fringe 5 seasons and a movie pls lol

apartment door 513 =season 5, episode 13

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I found disappointed was the lack of closure for Astrid. I mean, there was that heartfelt conversation between Astrid and Walter when he said that her name was beautiful. But I was hoping to see some more of her after time was reset. Perhaps there will be an extended version of this episode on the DVD/BD?

So in the reset timeline Walter doesn't exist? Wouldn't this mean Peter and Olivia would never even meet? Or is everything the way it was but they don't remember?

[quote name='Javery']So in the reset timeline Walter doesn't exist? Wouldn't this mean Peter and Olivia would never even meet? Or is everything the way it was but they don't remember?[/QUOTE]
Walter ceases to exist in 2015.

I thought it'd be funny if they threw in an extra 15 sec in the park of Etta running up to a silouette of a person and saying "Uncle Charlie, where have you beeen!?!"

Poor Charlie, even timeline wipes cant bring you back.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Walter ceases to exist in 2015.[/QUOTE]

So the day in the park wasn't 2015? Was that the "present" (2012/2013)? How will he cease to exist? What are the effects of that?

EDIT: My understanding is that Walter and the boy went to 2167 (of a separate timeline, I guess, that was not taken over by the Observers) from 2032 or whatever time is was and introduced the boy to the scientists who would make the discovery that emotion could be sacrificed for intelligence. This would take humanity down a different evolutionary path so the invasion would never occur. As a result of this time travel anomaly/impossibility the universe would correct itself and "erase" both the boy and Walter.

I'm not sure how the white tulip fits in either.

This completely contradicts everything I learned from Back to the Future Part II (you can't jump ahead in time to the "old" timeline which is why they had to go back to 1955 instead of forward to stop Biff from ever taking the Sports Almanac/time machine).

I don't want to read anything about this last season and have stayed spoiler free, but can someone pm me where I can watch it online or when it comes out on DVD?

It is a travesty that John Noble has yet to even be nominated for an Emmy for his performances of Walter Bishop. I hope he is nominated this year and wins. He deserves it so much! If he doesn't that will show once again just how "false" these awards are.

The Emmys have always been and always will be a joke. They occasionally get something right but by and large they just find one thing they like and reward it ad nauseam. If he somehow manages to get a nomination (and he more than deserves it along with a win) that will have to be enough.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']It is a travesty that John Noble has yet to even be nominated for an Emmy for his performances of Walter Bishop. I hope he is nominated this year and wins. He deserves it so much! If he doesn't that will show once again just how "false" these awards are.[/QUOTE]

He was ridiculously good. Walternate might as well have been played by a completely different person.

Does anyone have a list of the extras of getting the complete box set? even Amazon doesnt say what is included that wouldnt be included if you got all seasons separate.

[quote name='Tony Stark']Does anyone have a list of the extras of getting the complete box set? even Amazon doesnt say what is included that wouldnt be included if you got all seasons separate.[/QUOTE]The individual season sets have routinely been $20 or less on BD numerous times during the year (BF + other random sales), so you'd be looking at $80 for the extras if you wait it out.

I've paid $20 or less for all four seasons to date and as S5 is a 13-episode season, it will likely fall to $20 quicker as it's a smaller gap from release price/MSRP.

Watching Season 5 on my massive Fringe marathon and it just hit me...

...(knowing the actress that plays Astrid is a lesbian in real life) they still never had a romantic plot for her its unrealistic for one to help fight for world with you have no companion or children

So I'm watching this on Netflix right now, and I'm almost done with season one. It's been decent, nothing spectacular. My biggest complaint is that 90% of the bad shit that happens in this world happens to occur in Boston or in the outlying areas. Anything with Olivia and her sister (and her daughter) is way overacted and has yet to do anything good for the show. I still enjoy it, though. John Noble is the man.

interesting to see this pop up. This will be my summer show. I plan to mow through all seasons. I liked the pilot.

John Noble should have won 5 Emmys. The first season isn't that great but it is still pretty good. They were struggling with what the show should be about at that point and there were a lot of monster-of-the-week episodes rather than a tightly told story.

FRINGE was horrible with pretending they were in Boston when it was so obvious they were filming elsewhere (Vancouver?). Also, a running joke is how quickly they could seemingly get from NY to Boston (instantaneously in some episodes).

bread's done
Back