Frito Lay Skylanders Promotion - Free In Game Content

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was in Kroger the other day and I saw a 20 count bag of Frito Lay on sale for like $6 it has a promotion for Skylanders Sidekicks inside with the details on the back of the package. All I know is you have to purchase a 20 Count Bag, Fill out a form, and mail in your UPC. I found these sites that can explain it a little better and hopefully clear up any questions you may have. From what I hear it is In Game Content via a Code and not an actualy character you scan. Anyway since I cant eat Doritos I figured I would still share this even though I didnt buy a bag. Lol. Sorry if this is a repost.

Rules
1) Buy specially marked bags of chips ($6-10)
2) Fill out form request for 1 of 4 figures
3) Clip UPC from specially marked bag
4) Write a check to Frito Lay or get a money order for $2
5) Mail form, UPC and payment to address on form
6) Wait for them to mail it to you

Optional:

7) Repeat above 3 more times for other figures (4/household)
8) Eat or donate 20-80 bags of chips

Game Informer
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CE4QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gameinformer.com%2Fb%2Fnews%2Farchive%2F2012%2F07%2F05%2Ffrito-lay-skylanders-promotion-kicks-off-could-crush-dreams.aspx&ei=AC7-T4eXEOP00gGm66HCBg&usg=AFQjCNGmwYoBrIe2oXziu2u1paTDpAoNvw

Google Search
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie....,cf.osb&fp=417d68f00e915324&biw=1440&bih=741

Kotaku
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...66HCBg&usg=AFQjCNGSUM4mKXKlVE5-szSp6szorgV0JQ

Picture
original.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Directions if interested:

Optional:

8) Eat or donate 20-80 bags of chips

[quote name='sykotek']Directions if interested:

Optional:

8) Eat or donate 20-80 bags of chips[/QUOTE]

Added. Thanks.

So lemme get this straight:

We gotta give 8 bucks to get free stuff after buying mega bags of chips PLUS we may not even get the ones we prefer AS WELL AS taking longer to wait?

Think imms pass on this one. Still a little miffed that the random line gave us 4 Wrecking Balls back to back to backs.

[quote name='Dishinshoryuken']So lemme get this straight:

We gotta give 8 bucks to get free stuff after buying mega bags of chips PLUS we may not even get the ones we prefer AS WELL AS taking longer to wait?

Think imms pass on this one. Still a little miffed that the random line gave us 4 Wrecking Balls back to back to backs.[/QUOTE]

$2 shipping and handling per mini-fig, + cost of the gigantic thing of mini bags, it's about $8 total per figure, but you also get a ton of mini bags of chips.

Thought this is important to know

The four Sidekicks, pictured above, appear to be in-game characters only (no figurines). They'll be claimed by redeeming a code found inside the multipacks of single-serving chips that moms usually stick in their kids' lunch bags. The promotion is expected to begin July 9 in North America, and is aimed at back-to-school shoppers. It'll last through the week of Aug. 20.

I don't see a point of sending in 2 bucks as the code will be (as I read it) included inside the "mix" bag.

[quote name='draven1089']Thought this is important to know

The four Sidekicks, pictured above, appear to be in-game characters only (no figurines). They'll be claimed by redeeming a code found inside the multipacks of single-serving chips that moms usually stick in their kids' lunch bags. The promotion is expected to begin July 9 in North America, and is aimed at back-to-school shoppers. It'll last through the week of Aug. 20.

I don't see a point of sending in 2 bucks as the code will be (as I read it) included inside the "mix" bag.[/QUOTE]

There is no code in the bags. There is an order form that you send in for the physical figure. I've already sent 2 forms in from said bags.

I found the bags at Kroger and besides you could always try to sell the bags of chips at summer league ball games. You could make a few bucks back from it and still have your figures. Plus it would help out say little kids playing the games or the parents watching the games. Find out what the concession stand is selling them for and beat their price. Lol. Its worth a shot.

I got mine about 2 weeks ago --- and that was after mailing the stuff in back in July --- so, about a 3 month time from when I mailed it to when I got the Sidekicks.

This reminds me I got that Flocked Stump Smash from the other fritos promo. I guess anybody perusing here would be a Skylanders fan, hit me up if you want to take if off my hands before I list it on ebay or something.

bread's done
Back