From Skylanders to this....

jms493

CAGiversary!
It was only a matter of time. Publishers and developers have created a way to make DLC without having to pay MS/Nintendo/Sony.

This new "Skylanders" game is taking off with the kiddies.....and I have heard that the actual game is pretty good. Well it was only a matter of time to get the adults involved a bit.......Marvel.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-online/723374

Paid Beta? More little statues? Is $59.99 not enough for a video game these days or what? With things like these little character figures, game content being held back to later profit from it and other expenses, people are really getting hosed. This is exactly why I haven't bought a game on release in years. It is also why I continue to buy used games as well. Adding things like online passes and what not, the whole industry is just taking a complete dump. Games are getting shorter and shorter, and the prices are just going up. Ahh screw them!

Meh. Eye of Judgement came out, what, four years ago now? And I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first instance of physical item based add-ons (does the E-Reader count?).

This game in particular is based off Heroclix, and will likely be targeted towards players already involved with Heroclix...the type of player who's already buying mini heroclix figures for table-top based gameplay. And that's assuming this game has some way of reading in those figures for use in-game. Right now, it seems more likely that this is going to be more of a free-to-play model...low/nonexistent cost of initial entry, ability to buy more in-game characters using either real money or in-game currency...

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Paid Beta? More little statues? Is $59.99 not enough for a video game these days or what? With things like these little character figures, game content being held back to later profit from it and other expenses, people are really getting hosed. This is exactly why I haven't bought a game on release in years. It is also why I continue to buy used games as well. Adding things like online passes and what not, the whole industry is just taking a complete dump. Games are getting shorter and shorter, and the prices are just going up. Ahh screw them![/QUOTE]

You can still game for pretty cheap as long as you buy the game late and don't buy the DLC. I'll be bitter only when my cheap gaming days are over...

bread's done
Back