From the depths of the attic...

DuelLadyS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
IMAG0245.jpg

My fiance's sister came across their parent's old Intellvision after 10, 15+ years of being buried in the storage space above the garage. I took it to clean all the rust n' gunk off it (this is an 'after' picture.) I picked up a game to test it with, since we couldn't find those. What I have learned:

Despite what the retro sites say, you can hook up an Intellvision with an automatic RF switch... provided there's nothing plugged into the other side. I'm currently using an NES adapter with it.

Despite its extended attic stay, it still works. :D There's something loose inside of it (it honestly sounds like a coin), but I'm afraid to open it, since I can't guarantee I'll get it back together and have it still work. Anyone ever open one of these up?

Thats a neat little hunk of Video Game history you have there. Someone gave me an intellivision with a bunch of games last year, but I have not tried hooking it up yet.

It's always fun to find things like this

[quote name='venturin']Thats a neat little hunk of Video Game history you have there. Someone gave me an intellivision with a bunch of games last year, but I have not tried hooking it up yet.

It's always fun to find things like this[/QUOTE]

I don't think I could wait that long to try it out! Just remember to check the channel switch on the bottom... I panicked becuase I thought I managed to break this one, turned out I flipped the switch to 4 by mistake.

A question, if anyone knows- you always see people reccomend getting these adapter plugs for old systems. Do they work the other way 'round? In other words, could I get this adapter and use a coaxial cable instead of an rca cable? Not it it would be all that expensive to get a proper rca cable, it would just be easier to hook/unhook the system to the TV I have in mind this way.

haha nice. I loved Utopia...it's like the first civ game and farmville combined. I still have my coleco vision and roller ball adapter somewhere.

wouldn't from the dark recesses of the attic be more apropriate though?

[quote name='100xp']haha nice. I loved Utopia...it's like the first civ game and farmville combined. I still have my coleco vision and roller ball adapter somewhere.

wouldn't from the dark recesses of the attic be more apropriate though?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea if it's dark up there. the ladder to get up into it is old and rickety, so I'm afraid to use it. And 'light recesses' sounds awful. ;)

I'll have to look into Utopia once I sort the hookups out... right now the only game I've got is Astrosmash. Burgertime, Tron: Deadly Discs, and Frogger are high on the list too, since those are the games they remember owning.

bread's done
Back