From Up On Poppy Hill BR Combo $12.99 Amazon

amusedtoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Randomly came across this on Amazon and only other time it's been this low according to camelcamelcamel was Black Friday week.  The Ghibli stuff rarely seems to go on sale, especially on BR, so figured this was worth sharing.  Now Totoro and some of the others need to be this low.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/From-Up-On-Poppy-Hill-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d030%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-030-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00CSYRHG6&ASIN=B00CSYRHG6&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm torn on it ... love Miyazaki but frankly, his last few works have been meh ... castle in the sky and kiki were my favorites ... this one sounds okay but I'm not particularly drawn to it ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me that i bought this black friday week and still aint watched it yet. Need to get on that.

Never saw a studio ghibli movie before but figured for 12 bucks id give one a try, people go ape shit for them and usually are not this cheap.

I'm torn on it ... love Miyazaki but frankly, his last few works have been meh ... castle in the sky and kiki were my favorites ... this one sounds okay but I'm not particularly drawn to it ...
It's not a Miyazaki film. The last one he worked on was Ponyo, before the new movie the wind rises. Still, Up on poppy hill is a great movie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me that i bought this black friday week and still aint watched it yet. Need to get on that.

Never saw a studio ghibli movie before but figured for 12 bucks id give one a try, people go ape shit for them and usually are not this cheap.
If you've never seen a Ghibli movie before, I wouldn't judge them based on Poppy Hill. I liked Poppy Hill, but it's NOTHING like the other movies.

bread's done
Back