Front mission evolved - ps3 - $9.49 - used @ gamefly

Its been that price for a while. I picked it up using my 10% off and a $5 reward cert I had and it came out to around $4. Not sure if its worth $10 but I'd say its worth the $4 I paid for it.

Its pretty bad. The third person missions kind of ruined the game for me. The mech combat is forgettable as well.

I might just have to pick this up as I really liked FM4 on the PS2 and got the penny guide at BB the other week. But from the sound of it this doesn't quite live up to the other ones, hmm?

[quote name='mister cheapskate']I might just have to pick this up as I really liked FM4 on the PS2 and got the penny guide at BB the other week. But from the sound of it this doesn't quite live up to the other ones, hmm?[/QUOTE]

It plays NOTHING like any of the other Front Mission games. They took an amazing strategy game and turned into into a crappy shooter/Armored Core rip-off.

Personally, I'm glad the game bombed. Maybe it'll get Squeenix to make a decent Front Mission 6. (Or bring FM5 over.)

I liked all of the prior Front Missions, but if you liked those this is nothing like it. They took all strategy out and now it is a generic 3rd person mech shooter. online is horrible cuz everyone is outranked except you so they kill you. I got all single player trophies and traded this in ASAP. this and mindjack have me believen square enix is going for a different crowd then the old days. you know the low quality shitty games crowd. this isnt the same people who did ff6/7 n chrono trigger. they have left long ago

[quote name='Velo214']this and mindjack have me believen square enix is going for a different crowd then the old days. you know the low quality shitty games crowd. this isnt the same people who did ff6/7 n chrono trigger. they have left long ago[/QUOTE]

Very true. I've been disappointed with them for a few years now. Somehow they got it into their heads that no one wants to play regular turn-based RPGs anymore (like the ones that made their company a success in the first place). It seems like they're determined to make every game or franchise that has any potential into a mediocre action game or shooter or some other kind of dysfunctional genre hybrid.

bread's done
Back