Frontlines Beta Test

nikkai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Anybody doing it?

It's pretty fun. =)

And it's free - servers are stable too.

Just be considerate and log any errors to the company (which I don't work for - just nice to give something back since I'm playing their game for free)

This game is by the people who made Desert Combat, right?

How do the remote controlled drones play out? Are they readily controllable on the battlefield?

[quote name='Serik']This game is by the people who made Desert Combat, right?

How do the remote controlled drones play out? Are they readily controllable on the battlefield?[/QUOTE]

They're amazingly fun.

Fly helicopter at person, click, boom.

Remote control minitank w/ a gatling gun or mortor.

This beta is pretty polished - though there are balance issues -which is why it's in Beta... (ie: I can get the same accuracy w/ an assault rifle as a sniper rifle most of the time even w/o the extended zoom).

I've secured a key a couple weeks ago but I don't have the disk space to download or install this. I'm gonna try and free up more space so I can try this out. Frontlines does look like a very good game though and I'm not sure why a lot of people don't appear to be interested in it. I'm surprised that beta keys are still available.

Desert Combat had several remote controlled weapons, cruise missiles being my favorite, so I'm not surprised the devs are advancing the concept.

From what I've read, Frontlines sounds like the true sequel to Desert Combat. (Don't even get me started on how much I loathe Battlefield 2...)

If its the same as the 360 version, the 360 demo was crazy fun. I would liken it to more of an arcade shooter than a realistic tactical shooter.
Loved sending the mini chopper into the building and clearing it floor by floor. Also sending the RC bomb to blow up the tank was great fun as well.

Downloaded last night and just fired it up. I get 12 fps on lowest settings(1024x768 resolution), so unfortunatly I'm unable to play on my:
3.0ghz HT Pentium 4
2gb RAM
nVidia 6800 128mb
It was a 1.8 gig download too, so that was a waste of energy downloading that overnight .:cry: It very much is Desert Combat. I wish I could play it some more.

I didn't know there was a 360 demo! I will try that instead.

[quote name='Plac1d']Downloaded last night and just fired it up. I get 12 fps on lowest settings(1024x768 resolution), so unfortunatly I'm unable to play on my:
3.0ghz HT Pentium 4
2gb RAM
nVidia 6800 128mb
It was a 1.8 gig download too, so that was a waste of energy downloading that overnight .:cry: It very much is Desert Combat. I wish I could play it some more.

I didn't know there was a 360 demo! I will try that instead.[/QUOTE]

Did you also bring down shadows, shrubbery, polygons etc?

I'm running on a:

2.5 C2D
2gb
But I guess it's the 8800GT 512mb that's helping out for me.

[quote name='nikkai']Did you also bring down shadows, shrubbery, polygons etc?

I'm running on a:

2.5 C2D
2gb
But I guess it's the 8800GT 512mb that's helping out for me.[/quote]
Its your overall build in general thats helping you out, even with a substandard card like a 7900, 7600, or 8600 gts you would still get some great settings out of the game.

If you were to oc your chip to about 2.7 or 2.8 you could get about maybe 15 to 25 fps more though, fyi. :D

[quote name='p00ndawg']Its your overall build in general thats helping you out, even with a substandard card like a 7900, 7600, or 8600 gts you would still get some great settings out of the game.

If you were to oc your chip to about 2.7 or 2.8 you could get about maybe 15 to 25 fps more though, fyi. :D[/QUOTE]

=)

I'm running an e4300 (1.8 stock) OC'd to 2.5...

I know it can OC higher than that - but I"m running silent - one fan on a ninja scythe and one exhaust fan.

Plus the S1/Fan setup on the 8800gt.

All yateloon fans at lowest possible voltage.

Well I am downloading this now, not sure if I can run this for not though.

I have a:

P4 3.6 GHz Dual Core
2GB of RAM
OC'ed 7600GT

So I hope I can get good 30FPS at Medium settings, but I doubt it.

bread's done
Back