Frozen collectors edition 22.99$ pre order @amazon

Not to kick a dead horse, but it clearly states

Sing Along With This Digital Download Of The Frozen Soundtrack

Taken straight off the Disney Movie Rewards site.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/Frozensoundtrack
I get it, I fucked up. That said, I didn't put my code in there. I put it in on the main page box and when I did that I didn't see anything about download. Then during the checkout process, there's nothing about digital download? Don't believe me? Do it yourself. Guess I can burn them to a CD.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's this about Frozen being $11 at TRU?!
Buy a $1 pre-order card, get $10 off a Disney blu ray $19.99 or up. You're probably not supposed to be able to use the $10 off on sale prices and/or new releases, as the computer requires an override to do so, but the pre-order never makes any mention the movie must be regular price. Much like the DMC, with 3-D, Digital Copy, and New Release titles getting harder and harder to get as enrollment titles, more and more are having trouble getting this to work at TRU due to managers wising up, but some get lucky, like JW1023 here.

Picked up 2 copies at TRU for $10.99 Each with 2 Pre-ordered Card (Will be on the Trash Can). Also, Picked up 2 Disney Infinity Figures for $18-ish ;)
The cards can be refunded, so you can get your $2 back, but if you plan on continuing to frequent that TRU for these deals, that might be a bit too ballsy.

Buy a $1 pre-order card, get $10 off a Disney blu ray $19.99 or up. You're probably not supposed to be able to use the $10 off on sale prices and/or new releases, as the computer requires an override to do so, but the pre-order never makes any mention the movie must be regular price. Much like the DMC, with 3-D, Digital Copy, and New Release titles getting harder and harder to get as enrollment titles, more and more are having trouble getting this to work at TRU due to managers wising up, but some get lucky, like JW1023 here.
I think it is more people who get turned down are unlucky. It can't be lucky to get a deal the way it is worded on their own coupon. Managers or employees who refuse this deal lack reading comprehension. Just point out to them of says any Disney movie 19.99 or more and they have little choice but to take it. Sales are very clearly not excluded in the wording of the preorder card.

prim444 is a TRU employee and great CAG here and he let us know about this promo back when Jungle Book came out last month. He stated that this promo should absolutely work but will require some kind of manual override. And looking at the pre-order cards the only requirement was that the blu ray had to be $19.99 or higher, no statement about sale price exclusions. I was given such a run around back when I tried this for Jungle Book. Tried different stores, called corporate at prim's advice all because the employee at the first TRU I went to was incompetent and unwilling to even try to ring it up. In the end I was able to get the deal even after the sale price was over. A different manager was there when I went to pick it up and gave me a whole spiel about why it wouldn't work - California laws, double coupons, sale prices, he just went on and on about it. Even though I knew he was wrong (I work in consumer services for the state) I just said "Oh" and nodded. In the end it was a sale price coupled with a pre-order promo and nothing should've prevented it other than employee incompetence.

I went to a different TRU yesterday and picked up Frozen. The lady that helped me rang it up without a hitch. If she had to do some kind of override I didn't notice it.

Thanks for the clarification, rbenns2! Hehe, I haven't tried going to TRU yet. But if there's a 3D release rumored for October, I'm strongly debating on buying it now for $10 (more or less), or waiting until the re-release where there has to be more special feature goodies. (There just HAS to, right? RIGHT?)

I mean, the 3/18 release is definitely lacking in special features, especially for a Disney movie. "The making of Frozen" was hilarious though - definitely not what I expected. But I mean, no feature length commentary, pretty much no behind-the-scenes stuff, no interviews with the voice actors, nothing about how the music was made, etc. Pretty crappy offering of special features.

I'm sure I'd cave if I had kids or a significant other that desperately wanted to have the movie now, but I think I can wait, even if the rumored re-release is going to be more expensive than what I can buy Frozen for, now.

With that said, does the TRU deal have a expiration date, on the BR title you get $10 off for? Like, if I buy a $1 PO card, do I need to buy a BR title right then and there, or is the $10 thing a coupon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clarification, rbenns2! Hehe, I haven't tried going to TRU yet. But if there's a 3D release rumored for October, I'm strongly debating on buying it now for $10 (more or less), or waiting until the re-release where there has to be more special feature goodies. (There just HAS to, right? RIGHT?)

I mean, the 3/18 release is definitely lacking in special features, especially for a Disney movie. "The making of Frozen" was hilarious though - definitely not what I expected. But I mean, no feature length commentary, pretty much no behind-the-scenes stuff, no interviews with the voice actors, nothing about how the music was made, etc. Pretty crappy offering of special features.

I'm sure I'd cave if I had kids or a significant other that desperately wanted to have the movie now, but I think I can wait, even if the rumored re-release is going to be more expensive than what I can buy Frozen for, now.

With that said, does the TRU deal have a expiration date, on the BR title you get $10 off for? Like, if I buy a $1 PO card, do I need to buy a BR title right then and there, or is the $10 thing a coupon?
I do believe the movie $10 off purchase must be made right then and there. I'm trying it tonight. Went to one store already, but they were sold out. They called another store, and they'll hold one for me. If I can this to work and get it for $11, I'm definitely going to do it.

As far as other releases, the Oct. release is far from official. If they do release a more full-featured version, chances are you'll be able to sell this one for at least close to what you paid for it; you might even profit from it.

I'm surprised any TRU have frozen left.  Mine was sold out by 3:30 on release day (if not sooner).  I did an inventory checker and no stores within 50 miles had it.

No, I was assuming there was a Blu-Ray/DVD/DC Combo pack and also a 3D pack. My bad. Anyway I picked up the Blu/DVD/DC combo from Target tonight for $19.99. Good birthday present for the fiance.
Supposedly, Disney is saving the 3D pack for later in the year.

Just wanted to give my account on the TRU deal.

I had absolutely no hassle whatsoever getting the $10 off.  As a matter of fact, the computer automatically deducted the $10 off from the $19.99 sale price.  Seems like it's going to be a "company recognized" sale from now on.  This is in comparison to when I was getting The Jungle Book last month, I had to get a manager override (but still had little-to-no-hassle). 

My Toys R Us had a number of Frozen copies left (both DVD and Blu).

Just wanted to give my account on the TRU deal.

I had absolutely no hassle whatsoever getting the $10 off. As a matter of fact, the computer automatically deducted the $10 off from the $19.99 sale price. Seems like it's going to be a "company recognized" sale from now on. This is in comparison to when I was getting The Jungle Book last month, I had to get a manager override (but still had little-to-no-hassle).

My Toys R Us had a number of Frozen copies left (both DVD and Blu).
I also got mine without a problem - the guy who rang it up even said he wishes he knew about it, so he could have bought one himself. The preorder coupon also says "good on ALL Disney movies $19.99 and up" with "all" in capital letters, perhaps the company's way of eliminating some of the Jungle Book confusion. Now the only trouble is finding a TRU with some in stock. The first one had none left, so they called another store, which had 2 left. They held one for me, and sold the other in the interim.

$11.59 total (with tax and pre-order fee) is a good enough deal that I might actually avoid a soaking when the Crystal Edition hits.

Do you guys know if Target's price is 19.99 in store or is it only online? I may pick it up today if its that price in-store

Do you guys know if Target's price is 19.99 in store or is it only online? I may pick it up today if its that price in-store
it should 19.99 both in store and online- even if it isn't that price in store just ask for a price match- they match the site anyways

Dumb question (I think), but are we able to rescind the PO at TRU after we get Frozen for $10 off, or are we locked in?

Also, is this deal still going on? Does it have a deadline?

Dumb question (I think), but are we able to rescind the PO at TRU after we get Frozen for $10 off, or are we locked in?

Also, is this deal still going on? Does it have a deadline?
I'd guess not (but I haven't read the fine print, so can't say for 100% certainty). It wouldn't be in TRU's best interest to let you have $10 off for free. Regardless, it's only $1 to preorder, so you're not losing out on much. Just think of it as a $9 off coupon instead of $10. The "deal" lasts till preorders run out. But I'm pretty sure the $19.99 sale price for Frozen will only last this week (most likely anyway).

Too bad TRU isn't convenient to my house, or I'd do this...but hopefully Frozen will be cheaper when the 3D version releases later this year.

I think at my Target it said buy the movie and get 5$ off a Frozen toy...Do you think it would work on the Disney Infinity figure? 

Thinking about picking this up since I enjoyed it so much when I rented it from Red Box (Really surprised me). I would almost prefer picking it up on Amazon to try and avoid those "Target Exclusive "stickers that Target throws on the slipcovers. I don't have a good record for removing stickers from slipcovers. :'(

Thinking about picking this up since I enjoyed it so much when I rented it from Red Box (Really surprised me). I would almost prefer picking it up on Amazon to try and avoid those "Target Exclusive "stickers that Target throws on the slipcovers. I don't have a good record for removing stickers from slipcovers. :'(
with these glossy slip covers the stickers come off super easy ! the one i got from bestbuy had two stickers and they were removed without any goo left over

with these glossy slip covers the stickers come off super easy ! the one i got from bestbuy had two stickers and they were removed without any goo left over
Well now that I think about it all the slipcovers I tried to remove the stickers off of weren't glossy like this is. I was thinking about trying this Toys'r'us deal that everyone was talking about. Can't seem to find a place to check store stock on their site though.

bread's done
Back