frustrated with the gamefly fast return service

royce321

CAG Newbie
right now i'm just grinding my teeth at how slow gamefly's shipping is, what makes things worse is that there is no resource as to what post office you're supposed to bring your rentals to in order for the system to initiate a fast return instead of shipping your next rental once they get it

argh i need to make my own rental company as gamefly is just horrible right now, at least for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a job and buy games then. Better than sitting in your moms basement waiting for your next gaming fix.

It only takes a few days at most. In the meantime go outside.

[quote name='shosh']Get a job and buy games then. Better than sitting in your moms basement waiting for your next gaming fix.

It only takes a few days at most. In the meantime go outside.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you sure showed him with your douche-bag response.

Or get a job, buy games, then when you're done with them, sell them on ebay or here.

I quit GF about 5 years ago when it took 3-5 days to get the next game, and no new games were available for rental.

I wish Netflix would rent games. They would slaughter GF with all their distro centers.

[quote name='Squall835']Wow, you sure showed him with your douche-bag response.[/QUOTE]

Yea I guess so. I just hate it when people are just so impatient these days. Seems like he can solve his own problem by getting 2 at a time instead of going on the net and randomly bitch

[quote name='2DMention']I wish Netflix would rent games. They would slaughter GF with all their distro centers.[/QUOTE]

Except Netflix has gone on record saying they have no intention of getting into the games business. People have a lot more interest in a ten year old movie than they do in a ten year old version of Madden.

first off fuckto everyone with the douche bag get a job responses

i am using the 2 out at a time option and am simply ranting at how long it takes

when a game is good i'll buy it as a result of the rentals.......i hate paying good money for a horrible game

I've been getting my games lightning quick for the past few months. But before that it was bad. It would take 2 weeks between the time I sent my previous game and received my new one. Now it's about 4-5 business days which is more than reasonable. OP probably just lives in a place the nearest distribution center is really far.

I haven't rented a game in years, gamefly or physical stores. It's a waste of money. If you're not sure of a game, download the demo. Try it out at a friends house/apartment/trailer. But I won't be renting again.

[quote name='Ziv']I haven't rented a game in years, gamefly or physical stores. It's a waste of money. If you're not sure of a game, download the demo. Try it out at a friends house/apartment/trailer. But I won't be renting again.[/QUOTE]

For the way I play games renting saves me a ton of money. Buying every game I want to play would be a waste. Games like Heavy Rain, Bioshock II, Alan Wake & Mario Galaxy 2 I know I want to play but will only take a few weeks to complete (maybe a few days). Why not just rent it, beat it and send it back for the next one on my list. It beats throwing down $60 for a game I'll beat in no time and never touch again.

Gamefly has been going well for me. It is quite the money saver. I think it takes me about a week to get a new game from when I drop it into a mail box.

[quote name='Rodimus']For the way I play games renting saves me a ton of money. Buying every game I want to play would be a waste. Games like Heavy Rain, Bioshock II, Alan Wake & Mario Galaxy 2 I know I want to play but will only take a few weeks to complete (maybe a few days). Why not just rent it, beat it and send it back for the next one on my list. It beats throwing down $60 for a game I'll beat in no time and never touch again.[/QUOTE]

my point exactly, thats why i'm using gamefly.....sadly i have rented all the games out @ my local blockbuster and was glad i did as i quickly beat pricey titles such as god of war 3, uncharted, and ratchet and clank just to name a few...while all games are great there isn't much replay value to them which makes rentals a big money saver!

[quote name='Jodou']What kind of trait is a 'frustrait'? Also, have you tried getting a job so you can buy games instead?[/QUOTE]

its called a typo lol, sadly i couldn't edit the title when i noticed the mistake

anyways :censored: u i have a job :p

i just think that a $60 game is not worth the cost if there isn't much replay value in it

[quote name='royce321']its called a typo lol, sadly i couldn't edit the title when i noticed the mistake

anyways :censored: u i have a job :p[/QUOTE]
Sure you can, just hit 'go advanced' when you edit the post.

i have a video store 2 mins from my house that has ample stock of games. 3 bucks 1 day 4 bucks 3 days 5 bucks 7 days. I usually pick the 1 day and if i like it i can call them and say i wanna keep this game for 3 days or 7 days and they just charge me the extra dollar or 2. I think 3-5 bucks is worth trying or beating a game then buying every single game you want to play. I mean ebay and paypal fees will run you over 3-5 bucks.

[quote name='royce321']
anyways :censored: u i have a job :p
[/QUOTE]
pics or gtfo

im mean come on,
[quote name='royce321']
resource as to what post office you're supposed to bring your rentals to in order for the system to initiate a fast return [/quote]

looking for a post office so you can get the quickest turnover? thats the calling card of someone with no job or life. get a grip, waiting a week isn't gonna kill you. gamefly is a service that you use casually, not to get instant gaming gratification.

When I had GF last I was also displeased with how slow they came (to Oregon). I wasn't angry because of being impatient... I just had it in my head that I'm paying for a whole month and only actually having a game for half of it.

Didn't some mention Gamefly was 'throttling' their accounts a while back for renting too many games in a month?

Throttling meaning that they're intentionally taking forever between the time they list a game you mail back to them as 'returned' and them sending out the next one in your queue.

If the OP has been renting a game, beating it in 2-3 days and then wanting another one within a week and doing so for a while, that's what they may be doing here.

There is no Gamefly conspiracy. See my rental history below. I've rented a total of $829.85 retail at a cost of $91.65 for five months of Gamefly.

Title - Platform - Shipped - Returned
Toy Story 3 - Xbox 360 - 6/14/2010 - N/A
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - Xbox 360 - 5/17/2010 - 6/11/2010
Alan Wake - Xbox 360 - 5/17/2010 - 6/11/2010
Lost Planet 2 - Xbox 360 - 5/11/2010 - 5/15/2010
Bayonetta - Xbox 360 - 4/29/2010 - 5/7/2010
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Xbox 360 - 4/12/2010 - 5/7/2010
Just Cause 2 - Xbox 360 - 3/23/2010 - 4/27/2010
Lips: Party Classics - Xbox 360 - 3/22/2010 - 4/10/2010
God of War III - PS3 - 3/15/2010 - 3/19/2010
Final Fantasy XIII - Xbox 360 - 3/8/2010 - 3/16/2010
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Xbox 360 - 3/1/2010 - Purchased
Heavy Rain - PS3 - 2/22/2010 - 3/1/2010
BioShock 2 - Xbox 360 - 2/8/2010 - 2/18/2010
Dante's Inferno - Xbox 360 - 2/8/2010 - 2/18/2010
Just Dance - Wii - 2/3/2010 - 2/6/2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to point out that no one is making you use gamefly. If you don't like it don't use it. I have the Blockbuster Gamepass and have saved hundreds of dollars with it.

[quote name='jkanownik']There is no Gamefly conspiracy. See my rental history below. I've rented a total of $829.85 retail at a cost of $91.65 for five months of Gamefly.

Title - Platform - Shipped - Returned
Toy Story 3 - Xbox 360 - 6/14/2010 - N/A
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - Xbox 360 - 5/17/2010 - 6/11/2010
Alan Wake - Xbox 360 - 5/17/2010 - 6/11/2010
Lost Planet 2 - Xbox 360 - 5/11/2010 - 5/15/2010
Bayonetta - Xbox 360 - 4/29/2010 - 5/7/2010
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Xbox 360 - 4/12/2010 - 5/7/2010
Just Cause 2 - Xbox 360 - 3/23/2010 - 4/27/2010
Lips: Party Classics - Xbox 360 - 3/22/2010 - 4/10/2010
God of War III - PS3 - 3/15/2010 - 3/19/2010
Final Fantasy XIII - Xbox 360 - 3/8/2010 - 3/16/2010
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Xbox 360 - 3/1/2010 - Purchased
Heavy Rain - PS3 - 2/22/2010 - 3/1/2010
BioShock 2 - Xbox 360 - 2/8/2010 - 2/18/2010
Dante's Inferno - Xbox 360 - 2/8/2010 - 2/18/2010
Just Dance - Wii - 2/3/2010 - 2/6/2010[/QUOTE]

They aren't throttling you because you don't rent a lot of games. Just checked mine and when I had GameFly I rented 22 games in three months. You've only rented 15 in five months.

[quote name='life.exe']They aren't throttling you because you don't rent a lot of games. Just checked mine and when I had GameFly I rented 22 games in three months. You've only rented 15 in five months.[/QUOTE]

New releases are the only way to guarantee availability. There wasn't a single new release that I had an open slot for that I did not get. I could have very easily received more games if I wanted to, but I don't mind leaving an open slot for a week or more as long as I have something to play.

GameFly was awful when I first had it Nov. '09-Feb. '10, it'd take a week in shipping time. But I signed back up in April (yeah, very short boycott) and shipping time has dropped to... drumroll... 2 days. It's a 4 day wait between games, half what it was, and I haven't even seen FastReturn be used. I also have 2 games out at a time, so I can game AND watch out for new releases.

Also to the people who said GameFly is only for jobless basement dwellers: You're a moron, leave now. Have fun spending $60 on a crappy game and GameStop giving you $20 back for it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']

Also to the people who said GameFly is only for jobless basement dwellers: You're a moron, leave now. Have fun spending $60 on a crappy game and GameStop giving you $20 back for it.[/QUOTE]

That's why my program of buy it, then ebay it when you're done works almost as good as GF. I have gotten taken to the cleaners a couple of times though.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Also to the people who said GameFly is only for jobless basement dwellers: You're a moron, leave now. Have fun spending $60 on a crappy game and GameStop giving you $20 back for it.[/QUOTE]

Never said gamefly was for basement dwellers. People who can't wait a few days and need instant gaming fixes who come to the net to bitch how they can't find a way to locate a Post office to get the quickest turnover are jobless losers.

......whos the moron?

[quote name='shosh']Never said gamefly was for basement dwellers. People who can't wait a few days and need instant gaming fixes who come to the net to bitch how they can't find a way to locate a Post office to get the quickest turnover are jobless losers.

......whos the moron?[/QUOTE]
But why even rent from GF or do the buy at MSRP or close and Ebay the game when you finish it route when you can wait for the inevitable clearance sales on games and pick up those currently $60 games for $6 or less?:applause:

If I have some GS credit I got cheap, then I just don't care and I'll pay MSRP, especially if it's a title I'm gonna keep.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But why even rent from GF or do the buy at MSRP or close and Ebay the game when you finish it route when you can wait for the inevitable clearance sales on games and pick up those currently $60 games for $6 or less?:applause:

If I have some GS credit I got cheap, then I just don't care and I'll pay MSRP, especially if it's a title I'm gonna keep.[/QUOTE]
well of course thats the route we all go. I don't like renting games anyway since it seems like im on a time limit to play them. I much rather get a game on sale as this is cag and i pretty much only get games that i can play forever like COD and Halo. don't care much for single players. i don't play much anyway and im probably on this site more often than i game.

Because unless the game is one of the major titles, the online community sucks 6+ months after the release. Some games you will never find anyone online unless you play it early on. Or the game selection will suck.

[quote name='shosh']well of course thats the route we all go. I don't like renting games anyway since it seems like im on a time limit to play them. I much rather get a game on sale as this is cag and i pretty much only get games that i can play forever like COD and Halo. don't care much for single players. i don't play much anyway and im probably on this site more often than i game.[/QUOTE]
That's my problem anymore too.:roll: I'm on here looking for my next insane deal on a game, when I still have a backlog of 10+ games I haven't finished as of yet.

Even funnier is right now I'm considering going to a further Sears today and trying to add to my already nutty backlog.:lol:

Of course, it really sucks that 3-4 of my games in the backlog are recent titles I paid MSRP for from Gamestop at release(Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause 2, Darksiders, GTA Episodes from Liberty City). Even worse than that is that I have Transformers: War For Cybertron fully paid off and I'll probably pick it up on release day, open it to play it a lil bit and shove it into the backlog instead of waiting for a price drop.:roll:

bread's done
Back