FRYS 1 Day Only - Street Fighter IV Tournament Stick - $89.99/$99.99 [PS3 & Xbox 360]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Street Fighter IV Tournament Stick - $89.99 (ONE DAY ONLY) (REGIONAL ONLY)

ORDER BY ONLINE - $99.99 (NATIONWIDE) with Free Store Pickup (REGIONAL ONLY)

ORDER BY PHONE - $89.99 (REGIONAL ONLY)

LA TIMES

2246602_6588560.jpg

:ps3: PS3 - Item # 5829733

:360: Xbox 360 - Item # 5912264

Please note, this is in-store only, not available at Frys.com.

EDIT: Frys.com dropped these 2 to $99.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, they need to stop fooling around and just come to VA already. CC and CompUSA are gone! No one is giving BBY competition anymore :(

Are you serious! Ain't no Fry's in Hawaii.. wish I was back in Cali =( . Does this mean it'll be that price at the OC stores also? If so, I might just have to ask my brother to buy it for me. What a bummer.

Any confirmation this is happening at other Fry's? I am going to check into this at the one in Chicago.

[quote name='shiftomnimega']Ugh, they need to stop fooling around and just come to VA already. CC and CompUSA are gone! No one is giving BBY competition anymore :([/QUOTE]

No joke its just silly around here that BB is the only electronic store around.

[quote name='Ace2001']Any confirmation this is happening at other Fry's? I am going to check into this at the one in Chicago.[/QUOTE]

It's in the ad here too at SJ.

I already have one but damn this is tempting. Thinking of picking up another one in case my current one breaks down/I have a friend over who wants to play SF4.

very tempting, but I am just a casual player, so I been sticking with my Fighting Stick 3. I would like to mod a stick so I probably oughta pick this up. I usually go to Planet Zero down in Texas to play some of those fighting games and the buttons there make me want to get a new stick just for them.

Is there an adapter to make these cross compatible? I'd consider purchasing one and finally trying to become a stick player but I'm torn on which to go with. On one hand I buy the majority of my fighters for PS3. On the other that just means I could really use a fighting controller that doesn't suck for the 360.

I saw this at Fry's today while picking up Steal Princess. I figured I would pick one up Monday. Too bad the sale sign didn't say one day only (or then maybe it is a good thing since I didn't spend as much in that case).

[quote name='Ace2001']Any confirmation this is happening at other Fry's? I am going to check into this at the one in Chicago.[/QUOTE]

There's one in Chicago? Where?

Price tags said $99.99 in-store. Rings up at $99.99, but after the cashier hit total, it dropped to $89.99 each. Confirmed/bought at Fountain Valley, CA store.

I already bought the SE stick and modded it with Sanwa parts. Ended up spending more than $90 for it.

If you plan to buy an SE stick and mod it with Sanwa / Seimitsu parts, buy this. If you want a nice stick out of the box, buy this.

[quote name='alanamaslama']Depending on where you live, shipping kills it. I live about 16 miles from the nearest Frys and the cheapest shipping would be $14. Maybe this'll give me a reason to go to Sonic's as well....[/QUOTE]

Only $9 shipping to VA, thankfully. I've already got a 360 TE stick, but I'm in for one PS3 TE stick.

[quote name='phantomer']is it true that this stick doesnt work on PS2 games with 60gb PS3?[/QUOTE]

This is true. :(

[quote name='Ayu255']Price tags said $99.99 in-store. Rings up at $99.99, but after the cashier hit total, it dropped to $89.99 each. Confirmed/bought at Fountain Valley, CA store.

I already bought the SE stick and modded it with Sanwa parts. Ended up spending more than $90 for it.

If you plan to buy an SE stick and mod it with Sanwa / Seimitsu parts, buy this. If you want a nice stick out of the box, buy this.[/QUOTE]
100% agree at these prices.

At less than $100 there is no point to even consider an SE, as parts to upgrade it are going to run you $60-70.

[quote name='PaperOtter']How many were left at Fountain Valley?[/QUOTE]

They had a good amount left. There was a bunch of them on overstock above the 360 section. 1 of the employees said something about open box to the other employee though. I was the only person in the game section. Then again, I came in like 5 minutes after opening.

[quote name='phantomer']is it true that this stick doesnt work on PS2 games with 60gb PS3?[/QUOTE]

Until Sony does something with one of the firmware updates to fix this, correct. MadCatz can't do anything about it, it has to be done by Sony.

I'm going to have to hit up frys and try to score one. I hope even at 89 bucks most people will skip on these and still have some in stock.

san diego california: just bought two this morning...1 ps3 and 1 xbox 360

there were about 6 PS3 TE sticks and about 8 Xbox 360 TE sticks left after my purchase

[quote name='darkhado666']san diego california: just bought two this morning...1 ps3 and 1 xbox 360

there were about 6 PS3 TE sticks and about 8 Xbox 360 TE sticks left after my purchase[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update. My ass is out the door in 5!

If you're thinking on grabbing one of these, I'd order it online for store pickup to reserve it. They don't charge your card until you pick it up anyways.

[quote name='OGHowie']If you're thinking on grabbing one of these, I'd order it online for store pickup to reserve it. They don't charge your card until you pick it up anyways.[/QUOTE]

its $10 more online so would I if do that, would they ring me up for $99 or $89??

Man, I already got a TE stick for retail price + shipping and tax from Gamestop during the first weeks that it began restocking them at a steady pace. I'm so conflicted. Should I cave for another stick? It would be a backup since the current one has been through some rough times, especially because of those damn trials.

EDIT: Damn, I caved to my temptations. ~$9 shipped, no tax in NY. Oh well.

Man...I should have waited a couple of weeks instead of buying this at Buy.com.
Oh well, at least I don't have to drive to my nearest Fry's and hope that they have it in stock when they might not.

Picked one up at SJ (Brokaw). . They had none on the shelf so I had to get it near the displays. A bunch of 360 ones left and I got the 2nd last one (Last one I left was an open box return, I believe). Total was $99 (damn tax) but it's a freaking steal for this price!

Thanks OP!!

[quote name='JDMxB']Anyone have any info on stock for the City of Industry location?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday dropped by that Frys, they had plenty of both systems about maybe 10ish? but that was yesterday.

City of Industry only has one open box 360 and none left for PS3. DO NOT WANT.

Was hoping to nab a second TE for home, but will have to wait it out a little longer.

Just so you guys know...be cautious when buying the sticks. Inspect your box that you are picking up. When I went down to the SD Frys I've noticed that two of the boxes looked like they were returned or opened. I mean you can't beat 89 bucks, but still you'd like to spend 89 bucks on something you hope is new.

Damn, this makes me regret a little getting the one from Amazon for $117. But I let my friends know, so hopefully somebody will get one so we can have a second controller for get-togethers.

bread's done
Back