FRYS 1 Day Only - Street Fighter IV Tournament Stick - $89.99/$99.99 [PS3 & Xbox 360]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Street Fighter IV Tournament Stick - $89.99 (ONE DAY ONLY) (REGIONAL ONLY)

ORDER BY ONLINE - $99.99 (NATIONWIDE) with Free Store Pickup (REGIONAL ONLY)

ORDER BY PHONE - $89.99 (REGIONAL ONLY)

LA TIMES

2246602_6588560.jpg

:ps3: PS3 - Item # 5829733

:360: Xbox 360 - Item # 5912264

Please note, this is in-store only, not available at Frys.com.

EDIT: Frys.com dropped these 2 to $99.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Oktoberfest']or the fact that they can just go on ebay and sell it for more? haha[/QUOTE]

EBay market has pretty much dried up. Trust me I tried to sell a sealed 360 stick two weeks ago and had to list it twice (7 days BIN each time) until a CAG bought it through this site.

If I hadn't procrastinated from when Capcom sent out their store orders back in late May/early June I could have still gotten some decent coin, but a friend got the stick so I'm content.

This just makes me wish I lived where there was a Fry's as I would have so gotten a 360 stick (to keep for good this time) for $100.

I went to get a price adjustment for the $130 one I bought 2 weeks ago and ended up leaving with 2 more sticks. eBay seems to have dried up but I figure I can return them in a few weeks. If anyone is interesting in paying me a premium price over MSRP please let me know.

The City of Industry, CA store was sold out but the guy let me get a rain check and said they would probably have more in a couple days.

[quote name='c335harp'] If anyone is interesting in paying me a premium price over MSRP please let me know.[/QUOTE]

You want more than $150 for the stick? I think you mean a premium over your cost -- either that or you're on crack.

Burbank, CA's sold out, I grabbed the last one, an open box PS3.

They refused to adjust the price though because it was an open box item.

[quote name='B:L']Burbank, CA's sold out, I grabbed the last one, an open box PS3.

They refused to adjust the price though because it was an open box item.[/QUOTE]
was there w a friend at sunnyvale. adjusted 2 with no problems. open box too

Damn, I already have 2 TE's but for $90-100 I may have picked up some for my friends.
This is what happens when you work and don't have time to go on CAG all day.

Well after a little bit of employee help I managed to snag the last new 360 TE at City of Industry this afternoon.

Honestly, at this price if you are even remotely interested you should seriously consider picking this up. It's far and away the best arcade stick you can get currently. And at this price, it's even cheaper than modding an SE with Sanwa parts.

[quote name='Vcize']Anyone know why Fry's doesn't move east? I'd spend enough there to keep them in business by myself, heh.[/QUOTE]

Well they are now in Chicago, Indiana, and Atlanta, so they are slowly expanding.

Thanks OP! I shouldn't be spending money like this while laid off, but I just splurged for 2 PS3 models off the website. The 360 model is listed as unavailable online and for in store pickup. I just wish the PS3 model had better PC compatibility, but the 360 model would only get used on a PC unless I decide to pick up a 360 someday.

I'm glad I didn't jump on one when I noticed Amazon dropped the price the other day, even with shipping this is still cheaper. Ground shipping for $11.29 is a better deal than driving down to the Chicago area store, though I've been meaning to check it out for some time. I popped in one when in Dallas a couple years ago and wished they would come to Wisconsin, we have plenty of empty Circuit City locations they can occupy now.

[quote name='62t']Well they are now in Chicago, Indiana, and Atlanta, so they are slowly expanding.[/QUOTE]

St. Louis is dying for a Fry's!

So is the sale still going on? It still says $99 on the site, and it's Sunday already..I'll go to Fry's later in the morning to check it out.

[quote name='arukasxsaku']So is the sale still going on? It still says $99 on the site, and it's Sunday already..I'll go to Fry's later in the morning to check it out.[/QUOTE]

The in-store signs said "One Day Only", but with Fry's, you never know...

[quote name='arukasxsaku']So is the sale still going on? It still says $99 on the site, and it's Sunday already..I'll go to Fry's later in the morning to check it out.[/QUOTE]

When I bought one yesterday, the cashier showed me on her screen that although it rings up at $99.99 , a $10 discount was applied to make it $89.99 due to the one day sale. It sounded like $99.99 was the new regular price but I didn't ask her for clarification. My box still had the $149.99 sticker.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']When I bought one yesterday, the cashier showed me on her screen that although it rings up at $99.99 , a $10 discount was applied to make it $89.99 due to the one day sale. It sounded like $99.99 was the new regular price but I didn't ask her for clarification. My box still had the $149.99 sticker.[/QUOTE]

It rang up as $99 too when i bought it yesterday but said $89 on my receipt. interesting...

[quote name='Decker']You want more than $150 for the stick? I think you mean a premium over your cost -- either that or you're on crack.[/QUOTE]

It was half joke. Obviously I would probably sell it for anything above what I paid for the thing. But wouldn't it be smarter to sell it to someone willing to pay more? I have 3 of these things....if I can't make even a little profit I don't even think I'd bother taking the time to box and ship this to a friend. I'll just return the sticks to Frys for my money back.

[quote name='c335harp']It was half joke. Obviously I would probably sell it for anything above what I paid for the thing. But wouldn't it be smarter to sell it to someone willing to pay more? I have 3 of these things....if I can't make even a little profit I don't even think I'd bother taking the time to box and ship this to a friend. I'll just return the sticks to Frys for my money back.[/QUOTE]

You may just want to return it, I'm not sure how much shipping a 13 pound box would be, but I can't imagine you profiting much considering its only $20-30 less than Amazon.

Picked up my PS3 TE today and saw they had a ton of PS3 TEs and like 3-4 xbox 360 TEs left. There were no signs indicating they were $99.99, but had a sticker on them for $147.74 Also had to wait in line for about 45 min before making the purchase since their computers went down.

Thank you so much for the heads up. Me and friend rushed to local Fry's after work yesterday (Sat evening) here (Willsonville, Oregon) and made it just in time half hour before closing to pick up the 360 TE stick for $89.00 (no sales tax in Oregon). They had plenty here I'd say something like 30+ of each. Already had the PS3 version but at $89.00 this was a steal. THANK YOU!

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']I caved in and bought it.

$108.67 with S&H to Buffalo, New York.

GOOD GOD DID I JUST SPEND $100 ON A GAME CONTROLLER?[/QUOTE]

Never got Steel Battalion for the old XBox, eh?

I changed my mind on this, since it's not backwards compatible with PS2 games.

Preordered the HRAP3 SA from Amazon.com w/ ECA. $107. Ships October.

To all the people who are wondering about why Fry's marked the controllers at $100 and it rang up for $90, that's just how Fry's tags things. Stuff is often NOT marked with their sale prices because when the sale's over, it's more work to go to every aisle and retag everything.

I'm so glad for this post, I would never have known about this sale if not for this site. I nearly ran out the house to pick it up on Saturday morning.

Demand seems to be zero for these at the moment, I bought 2 in order to sell 1 to offset the cost of the 1 I had planned to keep ... couldn't sell either one (had 1 ps3 and 1 360) and returned them both. The Frys around here seem to have quite a few that have been sitting around for awhile.

Aren't there new sticks that are supposed to be coming out soon that are better anyway? I know there's a wireless stick coming soon ... not sure if those are less "TE" due to any sort of lag though.

Nice, looks like both PS3 and Xbox360 are available through in store pick-up. Last time I went to my Fry's (Downers Grove/Lombard area in IL), they had quite a few of these.

[quote name='etcrane']Demand seems to be zero for these at the moment, I bought 2 in order to sell 1 to offset the cost of the 1 I had planned to keep ... couldn't sell either one (had 1 ps3 and 1 360) and returned them both. The Frys around here seem to have quite a few that have been sitting around for awhile.

Aren't there new sticks that are supposed to be coming out soon that are better anyway? I know there's a wireless stick coming soon ... not sure if those are less "TE" due to any sort of lag though.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it does seem like demand for these have gone down. I believe these were suppose to be a limited run, but I guess not. There's another SFIV TE stick coming out with the name R2 (Round 2). Pretty much the same thing as the old TE, but with new artwork and the whole base is black instead of the sides being white. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17700030&postcount=1

There's also a MvC2 one supposedly http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75734

With wireless technologies now, I'm sure lag wouldn't really be an issue. This was discussed in the Arcade Stick thread.

Ohh Sexy!

1.jpg

My favorite pads are M.Bison, Camry & Sagat, the rest is okay.
2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

I have a feeling that M.Bison Pad will be HTF.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Nice, looks like both PS3 and Xbox360 are available through in store pick-up. Last time I went to my Fry's (Downers Grove/Lombard area in IL), they had quite a few of these.

Yea, it does seem like demand for these have gone down. I believe these were suppose to be a limited run, but I guess not. There's another SFIV TE stick coming out with the name R2 (Round 2). Pretty much the same thing as the old TE, but with new artwork and the whole base is black instead of the sides being white. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17700030&postcount=1

There's also a MvC2 one supposedly http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75734

With wireless technologies now, I'm sure lag wouldn't really be an issue. This was discussed in the Arcade Stick thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='etcrane']Demand seems to be zero for these at the moment, I bought 2 in order to sell 1 to offset the cost of the 1 I had planned to keep ... couldn't sell either one (had 1 ps3 and 1 360) and returned them both[/QUOTE]That's exactly what happened to me. I chose not to return it. I ended up selling the 360 stick here at cag. I'm keeping the ps3 stick for now.

bread's done
Back