Fry's Anime Sale B1G1 50% off, all Section 23/Funimation 12/20/13-01/09/14

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
lweh.jpg

Section 23 Titles (it is in two lists because Fry's sort system blows, and these are more accurate lists than the ones they sort by):

Section 23 List 1

Section 23 List 2

Funimation List

Section 23 titles to look out for:

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto: Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $16.99

Penguindrum: Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $23.99

Hell Girl: Three Vessels - Collection 1 [2 Discs] $7.99

Hell Girl: Three Vessels - Collection 2 [2 Discs] $7.99

Tytania: Collection 1 [2 Discs] $9.99

Tytania: Collection 2 [3 Discs] $9.99

Taisho Baseball Girls: Complete Collection [2 Discs] $9.99

Xam'd: Lost Memories - Collection 1 [2 Discs] $9.99

Xam'd: Lost Memories - Collection 2 [2 Discs] $9.99

Shigofumi: Complete Collection [2 Discs] $13.99

Uta-kata: Collection 1 [2 Discs] $13.99

Ray: The Complete Collection [2 Discs] $14.99

Glass Maiden: Complete Collection [2 Discs] $14.99

Ef: A Tale of Melodies - Complete Collection [2 Discs] $14.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 1 [2 Discs] $14.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 2 [2 Discs]$14.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 3 [2 Discs]$14.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 4 [2 Discs] $13.99

Funimation titles:

Not a whole lot other than some of the cheap S.A.V.E sets that would be cheap with the sale, but otherwise not inherently cheaper than other sales going on at the moment.

Rules&Restrictions:

Discount will not be applied if you try to mix and match between publishers.

e.g. Buy 1 Section 23 and 1 Funimation title=No discount, Buy 2 Funimation titles=discount, Buy 2 Section 23 titles=discount

Open box items do not apply for this sale

Discount will be applied to the lower of the two items in the combination, but be careful when purchasing numerous titles as Fry's system sometimes doesn't properly apply the discount.  Make sure to keep an eye out during checkout.

e.g. Buy 4 Section 23 titles, two titles price $39.99, and two priced $24.99, but Fry's only discounts the two $24.99 titles.

FAQ:

Q: Does Fry's offer free shipping?

A: Yes, they do currently as part of the holiday season, so as long as the items are marked as eligible for free ship (
ships_free.gif
), and the cart totals $23 minimum (note, only items marked with free ship will count towards $23 minimum, and you will still be charged for items in cart that does not qualify for free ship).

Q: If I order it for in-store pick up will I be charged right away?

A: Fry's does require credit card information in order to fulfill store pickup orders, however, you will not be charged for the amount until you actually checkout in store, so you can always change credit cards at the end, or decide you don't want it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we had them around here, I went into one when in California once or twice, it was a rather impressive store.

Good Deal!

Un-Go: Complete Collection $28

Canaan: Complete Collection $13

Under $41 Shipped

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu Coll 1 $17

Legend of Heroes Collection $8

Under $26 Shipped

Free shipping on orders over $23.  Just purchasd Psychic Squad volumes 1-4 for $44.46 shipped.  Current Right Stuf Christmas Sale price on the same four discs is $69.96. Current Amazon price on all four volumes is $151.72.

Hell Girl: Complete Collection 3 is $20. Just paid $25 for it at Rightstuf. Thinking about canceling it.
If you're planning to then you should do it quickly, because they'll make you pay return shipping if it already shipped out.

Also, S3 can be even cheaper if you buy Season 3 Parts 1 and 2 since they're only $7.99 each, but that's up to you if you want cheaper, or prefer to have that single bigger box, compared to the two DVD boxes.

Sale isn't ringing up at City of Industry Frys.

Tried Tytiana 1 and 2

Sale isn't ringing up at City of Industry Frys.

Tried Tytiana 1 and 2
That's odd because it definitely works for those titles as it even works on the website, so maybe try it on the website for in store pick up since the discount works on the website?

t79p.png

Not sure why it's not ringing up in store for you though.

Sale works pretty smoothly in store.  I picked up K-On S2 Bluray in store as well as both ef: tale of melodies/memories DVD.  Both rang up with the 50% on the 2nd title.  Pretty good deal on some titles.

If you're planning to then you should do it quickly, because they'll make you pay return shipping if it already shipped out.

Also, S3 can be even cheaper if you buy Season 3 Parts 1 and 2 since they're only $7.99 each, but that's up to you if you want cheaper, or prefer to have that single bigger box, compared to the two DVD boxes.
It hasn't shipped, cause they said everything in my order is backordered. Although, if I click on any title individually, it doesn't say that.

I went with the single box, due to space. I've been out of shelf space since a few months ago. My pick-ups recently have just been lined up on the floor in the livingroom.

My "backordered" Rightstuf order, if you're interested:

It hasn't shipped, cause they said everything in my order is backordered. Although, if I click on any title individually, it doesn't say that.

I went with the single box, due to space. I've been out of shelf space since a few months ago. My pick-ups recently have just been lined up on the floor in the livingroom.

My "backordered" Rightstuf order, if you're interested:

What else did you pick up along with Hell Girl?

I can already see a Kurenai that will go perfectly with Hell Girl for the 50% off item. It's a few dollars more on Fry's at the normal price, but with the 50% off it's way cheaper than what you would be paying on Rightstuf. ;D

What else did you pick up along with Hell Girl?

I can already see a Kurenai that will go perfectly with Hell Girl for the 50% off item. It's a few dollars more on Fry's at the normal price, but with the 50% off it's way cheaper than what you would be paying on Rightstuf. ;D
I ended up picking up Penguindrum pt 1 with it. Also got Canaan + Un-go, and Phantom: Requiem of a Phantom + Beck (cause they didn't have what I wanted at the store, but it wasn't a big deal. GF wanted it anyways.).

I ended up picking up Penguindrum pt 1 with it. Also got Canaan + Un-go, and Phantom: Requiem of a Phantom + Beck (cause they didn't have what I wanted at the store, but it wasn't a big deal. GF wanted it anyways.).
Ah, that's good at least then that you got to take advantage of the sale.

Thought you just bought Hell Girl by itself at first just because it was cheaper, lol.

Does anybody know if you can price match another store's prices AND still get the buy one, get one half off deal?  Or would price matching another store negate their BOGO deal?  I've only ever price matched a computer part at Fry's so I don't know if this is something that would work.

Does anybody know if you can price match another store's prices AND still get the buy one, get one half off deal? Or would price matching another store negate their BOGO deal? I've only ever price matched a computer part at Fry's so I don't know if this is something that would work.
Nope.

They will not do that because it's basically one or the other. They count price matching as a deal, so you won't be able to stack them unfortunately.

So I picked up Tytania collection 1 n 2. Hell girl 3rd season collection 1 n 2 and Intrigue in the Bakumatsu and Penguindrum . I think im done for the rest of the year but man do I want those Yu Yu Hakusho Blu rays season 1-4 from amazon for $18.xx a piece.Yo Squarehard what should I do?

So I picked up Tytania collection 1 n 2. Hell girl 3rd season collection 1 n 2 and Intrigue in the Bakumatsu and Penguindrum . I think im done for the rest of the year but man do I want those Yu Yu Hakusho Blu rays season 1-4 from amazon for $18.xx a piece.Yo Squarehard what should I do?
You know that he's just going to say "BUY THEM YOU CAN'T RESIIIIIST!!!" or something along those lines. :roll:

You know that he's just going to say "BUY THEM YOU CAN'T RESIIIIIST!!!" or something along those lines. :roll:
^

But really though, I can't imagine not buying them at those prices, especially if you've actually seen the series before, and want to own the set, or if you're looking to upgrade the DVD set, which was worth the upgrade in comparison. I mean how can you say no to 112 episodes of Spirit Gun? Pew, pew! :D

To be honest I've never seen a single episode of yu yu hakusho so I dont know what to expect. How does it fare amongst other fighting anime?
Just like DBZ the fight sequences are excessively dragged out, so if you enjoy that then this bud's for you. Overall tis a well rounded series though, and one of my favorites as I remember watching it when it just started airing back in the day, so I enjoy it on a nostalgia level, and as an anime series to own. :D

To be honest I've never seen a single episode of yu yu hakusho so I dont know what to expect. How does it fare amongst other fighting anime?
It only gets crazy by the final arc. The rest of the show was very good, as far as shounen shows go. Plus, most of the characters are likeable.

Worth a buy. First time I saw it was on Adult Swim and it became a classic to me. Among the better of the old style fighting anime. I picked up the DVD sets years ago and still rewatch them every so often.

Thanks for posting this sale info! I have been wanting to get the One Piece Collection DVD sets for a long time and this sale helps a lot! I'm also suprised that the price for the individual Collection sets has dropped a lot too, from $34.99 to $21.99.
I went over to the City of Industry store and got Collection 3-8. Somebody got Collection 1, it was still listed as available this morning, so I had to leave behind Collection 2 as there was nothing else to combine it with.. argh, oh well. No Strong World Blu-Ray either.
Thanks again for posting this sale!

Thanks for posting this sale info! I have been wanting to get the One Piece Collection DVD sets for a long time and this sale helps a lot! I'm also suprised that the price for the individual Collection sets has dropped a lot too, from $34.99 to $21.99.
I went over to the City of Industry store and got Collection 3-8. Somebody got Collection 1, it was still listed as available this morning, so I had to leave behind Collection 2 as there was nothing else to combine it with.. argh, oh well. No Strong World Blu-Ray either.
Thanks again for posting this sale!
Amazon One Piece Collection 1-6 & 8 $15.49 Each cheaper than Frys. I may hold off for Blu-ray Release. I hate buy it now & re-buy it again!

yuyu hackasho is still one of the shows i wanted to finish watching but never did. i remember leaving off in the middle of a fight because at the time toonami reset it because thats all they had of the show atm and then i just never finished it.

however the budget is done for december so oh well.

Amazon One Piece Collection 1-6 & 8 $15.49 Each cheaper than Frys. I may hold off for Blu-ray Release. I hate buy it now & re-buy it again!
It'll be a long, long time before One Piece (the series anyway) hits Blu-ray. Will probably need most of the series completed and, of course, for the show to be released on Blu-ray in Japan first.

LOL its a vicious cycle! I gave up collecting Dragon Ball Z when Funimation was releasing the Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Uncut single DVDs then stopped it and started to release it all over again in Remastered box set format.

LOL its a vicious cycle! I gave up collecting Dragon Ball Z when Funimation was releasing the Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Uncut single DVDs then stopped it and started to release it all over again in Remastered box set format.
Just do it. Im currently watching the Enies Lobby arc and its awesome! I can honestly say only One Piece and Fairy Tail are the only two animes that always find myself laughing to.

Just do it. Im currently watching the Enies Lobby arc and its awesome! I can honestly say only One Piece and Fairy Tail are the only two animes that always find myself laughing to.

Nah I'm done with DBZ, the only two shows that still keep me going nowadays is Gundam and One Piece.
Up to the New World arcs in One Piece, I did say the whole Water 7 and Enies Lobby are still the best arcs in all of OP. I can't wait until Funimation make those arcs in complete collection soon!

But it's only $18.xx per season.
yuyu goes on sale a lot anyway. that said Im attempting to really stick to this budget idea. also amazon claims this will be delivered on the third and i really rather have this instead. http://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Inc-RetroN-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00DZIX394/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388469991&sr=8-2&keywords=retron+5

also apparently evangelion 3.33 is coming out in Jan instead of Feb too.

Ive never seen the love for one piece that people seem to have.

bread's done
Back