Fry's, Black Friday

schwartzvald

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I saw some disturbing things at my local Fry's... they had ridiculously low amounts of the "doorbuster" items. The Samsung LN32A330 was the $388 TV, but I only saw one guy with one, on his way out the door at 5:15. Most customers had LN32A450s in their carts. I was trying to figure out if this was a substitution or bait-and-switch. From what I saw, from what employees told me about the price of the A450, and knowing the store, I'm pretty sure it was the latter. I noticed a few A450s being left around the store, with crumpled claim receipts.

That was the theme of the whole morning... anything that wasn't in the ad was frighteningly close to MSRP, but being hawked like it was a great deal, by employees with megaphones or loud voices. I felt bad for them, really... it made the whole atmosphere tense, and a lot of the customers were disgruntled already.

And then there were the salesmen, handing out "doorbuster" red slips for what appeared to be full-price TVs. And customers, discussing things like, "Well, they said they're out of the Samsung, but the Sony is only $200 more, and Sony's better, right?" I guess Fry's strategy worked?

Anyone else go to Fry's?

What did you expect from Frys?
Been that way since I was a kid.
Always sold out of the hot item, but have the next one available...only more expensive.

bread's done
Back