Frys.com - InFamous $49.99

Does every copy of infamous come with Uncharted 2 Beta or was that just for pre-orders? w/ the beta I might actually get this. demo was fun.

Not bad, I'd actually consider switching my Amazon.com order for this and saving $4 -- plus, Frys.com says Same Day shipping while I have to wait until ~June 1st for the Amazon order to ship.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='pvaapuri']Does every copy of infamous come with Uncharted 2 Beta or was that just for pre-orders? w/ the beta I might actually get this. demo was fun.[/QUOTE]

The initial batch of inFAMOUS all have the code, sadly it's not active yet, tried mine and no DL for it is up. Hopefully soon. Any new batches of inFAMOUS the send out won't have the beta key, or so I suspect.

[quote name='LegolasFett']The initial batch of inFAMOUS all have the code, sadly it's not active yet, tried mine and no DL for it is up. Hopefully soon. Any new batches of inFAMOUS the send out won't have the beta key, or so I suspect.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered from Blockbuster and it doesn't have the code, so I don't think that it is in every copies or at least not the blockbuster one.

[quote name='delta75229']I pre-ordered from Blockbuster and it doesn't have the code, so I don't think that it is in every copies or at least not the blockbuster one.[/QUOTE]

So the for sale copies didn't even have the codes in them?

I was planning on trying to take a picture of the code with my phone but all 10 rental cases were manual only. lol rejected... I figured they removed all the beta cards before throwing them on the shelf.

Thanks op. But it's too late for me, I pre-ordered with amazon. ;(
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='ecmazza']hmmm, would be awesome if this was B/M too, still might try a PM at my local Best Buy...why not...[/QUOTE]

yeah, success...just pm'd at my local best buy with a simple print out of the page found in OPs link. thanks OP!

Sweet...I'm really considering picking it up now! Well tomorrow and hopefully I'll get to pm it at my best buy down here even though they're pretty hardheaded. >

Just price matched it at Bestbuy.
just tell them you saw it at frys for 49.99 but you dont have the ad with you.
they will goto frys.com to double check it. goodluck

I picked up my copy from my San Diego Fry's at 9:30 am and it had the beta code on a cardboard insert right in front of the instruction manual. It also had a small sticker on the plastic. It doesn't go live until June 3rd. Valid from 6/3/09---6/28/09.

[quote name='jeromjenkins']It says 59.99 when I looked it up on the website, and same from the link. Do they discount it after you make the buy?[/QUOTE]

No. It appears that as if it's back at $59.99 again.

My amazon copy came with the Beta code. I really like this game. If you look at this games individual elements it is slightly above average, but the sum of the parts is greater when it all comes together. A solid 8.5 game that is incredibly fun to play. It reminds me of a combination of Crackdown and Syphon Filter (from the PS1).

Tried to PM at BB in Hawthorne, CA last night to add to my RZ points. No go, they shot me down. Still was worth it after using $20 in RZ certs.

Well looks like the price is back to 52.99 so I believe this is a dead deal now. Also Best Buy gave a no go to me since my nearest Fry's is 50 miles away from me >_< -_-

Better than going to best buy or gamestop paying 59.99 with an additional tax on top of that when you can just order it for 52.99 + same day shipping(6.39) which comes out to 59.38
Just a thought for those who are really considering to get this game.

[quote name='variablesunknown']I picked up my copy from my San Diego Fry's at 9:30 am and it had the beta code on a cardboard insert right in front of the instruction manual. It also had a small sticker on the plastic. It doesn't go live until June 3rd. Valid from 6/3/09---6/28/09.[/QUOTE]

What was the price in store? I'm in SD as well

I just picked it up in store in sacramento for 52.99 and it has the uncharted voucher. It wasn't advertised at this price it just rang up that way at the register.

Considering the distance between my Fry's and Best Buy is maybe 10- miles I'm going to go price match. Throw my $50 gift card in the mix and looks like I'm going to get it for about $7 (w/ tax). Thanks OP. You might also want to edit the title, it's $52.99 online now.

bread's done
Back