Fry's Electronics Restock (older titles, large volume)

Billytwoshoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was in Fry's Electronics in Tempe, AZ last night, noticing the employees unloading a bunch of games from their carts, which had some older games I haven't seen new in retail stores in some time (Ghost Squad and Perfect Dark Zero LE are both well over 5 years old).

While only a few of these prices are good enough now (some of them are high, I realize), with Fry's sales and eventual clearance (since I doubt they will sell through the 10-20+ copies I saw of each title anytime soon), these are something to keep your eye on if you visit a Fry's Electronics regularly, especially after the holidays for clearance.

If any other CAGs check their local and find something else worth mentioning, let me know.

:360: Perfect Dark Zero LE $12.99
:360: Xbox Live Arcade Triple Pack: Limbo, Trials HD, Splosion Man $12.99
:360: Karaoke Revolution Glee Volume 3 w/ Microphone $12.99

:3ds: Deca Sports Extreme $14.99

:ds: Rhythm Heaven $9.99
(there were more DS titles, just saw mostly shovelware besides this)

:wii: De Blob $9.99
:wii: Ghost Squad $9.99
:wii: Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter $9.99
:wii: Sin and Punishment Star Successor $9.99
:wii: Mystery Case Files: Malgrave Incident $9.99
:wii: Monster 4x4 Stunt Racer with Wheel $9.99
:wii: De Blob 2 $14.99
:wii: Metroid: Other M $14.99
(these next three were all $9.99 before restock, could hit this price again with clearance)
:wii: Fortune Street $19.99
:wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever $19.99
:wii: Wii Party $19.99
Tons more Wii games, but mostly shovelware, like Shrek, Megamind, Carinval Mini Golf, the list goes on...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm all of these titles showed up today at the Fry's in Burbank, California. They also had hundreds of copies of Karaoke Revolution Glee Vol. 3 for the 360 at $12.99 with the microphone.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I don't know about your Fry's, but the clearance prices I've seen are total jokes.[/QUOTE]

Once in awhile, you'll find something at a bargain. But it's rare.

Hey a fellow AZ CAGer. Everytime Fry's has a "blowout" unadvertised sale that is actually good I always miss it. I do visit the store 1-2 times per week even.

[quote name='RandyGordo']I am also in Tempe. I am confused by your post though. Is Fortune Street 10 or 20?[/QUOTE]
Fortune Street is $19.99 now, but just a few weeks ago they dropped it down to $9.99 before the restock. I use this as a reference because of the large quantity they have in stock now (must be around 30 copies I saw), there is a chance if you wait it out, it could go back to the $9.99 price.

This all seems very odd to me. Where did these games come from? Did they buy someone's stock out? Like the OP said, this has to lead to some sort of clearance - even at $12.99 they'll probably go through about 3 of those Glee bundles (which I want...)

bread's done
Back