Fry's instore NDS/PSP price drops Dragon Quest V and FFCC: EoT for $5.88 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinksand

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride shows up on the Fry's website for $5.88. Here's the link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838683?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can't order it online, but you can set up a Store Pickup through the website.

I went to pick up my copy and found another Square Enix RPG for $5.88 -- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Looks like you can order this one and have it delivered to your door. Another link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838743?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It seems like every time someone makes a trip to Fry's to pick up one of these titles, a new price drop is found. This list isn't comprehensive (yet), but here are some of the other titles that CAG's have found. All are for the Nintendo DS.

Edit by Io: Here is the official Fry's clearance game trading thread. Please post all trade offers/requests here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588
I also added the metacritic scores for all the games below.

Advance Wars: DoR - $10.49 metacritic score: 86
Animal Genius - $5.91 N/A
Arkanoid DS - $6.54 61
Avalon Code - $19.90 70
Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $4.18 65
Battles of Prince of Persia - $3.34 64
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - $8.43 83
Blue Dragon Plus - $8.76 69
Code Lyoko: Fall of Xana - $3.49 63
Dark Spire - $6.00 69
Dinosaur King - $7.12 61
Dokapon Journey - $6.00 60
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $14.99 83
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $14.99 75
Drawn to Life - $9.70 73
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $5.94 75
Exit - $19.80 64
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $8.40 75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6.54 77
Flash Focus - $5.07 59
Flipper Critters - $3.80 60
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship - $9.80 65
Front Mission - $9.70 72
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $4.74 79
Goosebumps Horrorland - $6.86 N/A
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) - $11.94 72
Harvest Moon DS Cute - $7.20 66
Honeycomb Beat - $3.56 61
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue - $7.20 55
Hotel Dusk - $9.90 78
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $6.54 65
Jagged Alliance - $5.57 57
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - $8.18 47
Jam Sessions - $2.39 72
Lock's Quest - $9.70 80
Luminous Arc 2 - $7.86 73
Magical Starsign - $9.99 69
Marvel Trading Card Game - $8.18 61
Master of Illusion - $4.88 69
Master of the Monster Lair - $6.54 63
Miami Law - $10.13 55
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $6.54 70
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase - $4.67 N/A
Nanostray 2 - $3.85 75
National Geographic: Panda - $4.80 N/A
Neopets Puzzle Adventure - $8.18 70
New International Track and Field - $8.18 73
Ninja Reflex - $4.37 54
Ontamarama - $8.18 71
Pass the Pigs - $8.18 N/A
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice - $9.82 78
Pipe Mania - $3.34 71
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - $2.39 59
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - $2.39 59
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation - $8.18 72
Puchi Puchi Virus - $6.46 73
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $14.99 67
Robocalypse - $8.18 78
Rollin' Rascals - $5.49 N/A
Space Camp - $8.08 N/A
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49 85
Spectrobes Collector's Edition - $7.20 63
Steal Princess - $8.85 60
Summon Night Twin Age - $6.54 73
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74 65
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $4.37 59
Theresia - $12.35 61
Time Hollow - $12.35 64
Tokyo Beat Down - $10.23 56
Trackmania - $4.78 75
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $12.00 74
Warhammer 40,000: $8.18 57
World Championship Games: A Track and Field Event - $3.40 N/A
Zubo - $4.02 75

... and here are some games for the PSP ...

Every Extend Extra - $5.14 74
Hot Pixel - $3.42 55
Jeanne D'arc - $10.28 87
Metal Slug Anthology - $13.71 78
Space Invaders Extreme - $6.85 84

Thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post in this thread with prices and locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Has anyone had any luck getting DQV price matched at Best Buy or anything?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy's policy is to call the store and check the price and the stock, so if your Fry's is out of stock, you better hope the person that helps you out is very nice or very dumb, otherwise it is not happening. So pretty much, no.

Sears however I have had pretty good luck getting games PM without them having to call over to check stock. I normally just print out the online price and bring it to them and they do it +10% because of their policy. But very YMMV.

[quote name='Squarehard']Nope. Most theyll offer is a refund and they dont even offer to pay for shipping back, so its not even worth it. Its sort of stupid, which is why I don't like ordering from Fry's online.[/QUOTE]

Darn. Well, I still got some good deals. I live in New York, so hitting a B&M store wasn't an option. (If there are any other NY residents out there, it's worth noting that I didn't have to pay tax. That helps make up for the absurd shipping charges, especially if you're ordering a lot.)

[quote name='Neci']Does anyone know if it's possible to get a price adjustment on online orders?[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, I emailed them yesterday about that. They replied within 20 mins and put the difference back on my credit card!

[quote name='yakkotank']As a matter of fact, I emailed them yesterday about that. They replied within 20 mins and put the difference back on my credit card![/QUOTE]

In that case, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

I know this has probably been asked before, but would anyone be willing to pick me up a copy of DQV and Blue Dragon Plus? There aren't any Fry's in MA, so I'm a bit out of luck. I'd pay for the shipping and whatnot. I wish we had Fry's and Meijer over here. So many good deals missed. :(

[quote name='jling84']Has anyone checked the City of Industry Frys for DQ5 lately?[/QUOTE]
I was there last week (on an unrelated trip) and noted they were out. I did get Puchi Puchi Virus for $10.XX and Steal Princess for $12.XX.

[quote name='Maromi']I know this has probably been asked before, but would anyone be willing to pick me up a copy of DQV and Blue Dragon Plus? There aren't any Fry's in MA, so I'm a bit out of luck. I'd pay for the shipping and whatnot. I wish we had Fry's and Meijer over here. So many good deals missed. :([/QUOTE]

You can order Blue Dragon online

Heres a couple more titles that stood out people might be interested in that I saw at the store earlier.

Harvest Moon DS Cute $10.28
Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice $15.35

I wonder if I can get a price adjustment with my credit card statement detail, as I have lost the original receipt. I'm hoping with that and my credit card in hand that they can adjust.

[quote name='djfp']I wonder if I can get a price adjustment with my credit card statement detail, as I have lost the original receipt. I'm hoping with that and my credit card in hand that they can adjust.[/QUOTE]

If you paid with a credit card, they can look it up by the credit card number, but the thing is, since its Frys, they will fight you to the very end on this since you don't have the receipt. Eventually you'll get it adjusted, but they going to make it hard. At least that has been my experience with them.

[quote name='djfp']I wonder if I can get a price adjustment with my credit card statement detail, as I have lost the original receipt. I'm hoping with that and my credit card in hand that they can adjust.[/QUOTE]

Turns out all that is needed is your card you purchased with...they can do a lookup on the rest of the transaction info from there.

[quote name='Squarehard']If you paid with a credit card, they can look it up by the credit card number, but the thing is, since its Frys, they will fight you to the very end on this since you don't have the receipt. Eventually you'll get it adjusted, but they going to make it hard. At least that has been my experience with them.[/QUOTE]
I've had my prices adjusted for 3 times without the receipt, they can look up the invoice number using date of purchase, items purchased, credit card number..etc.

[quote name='newlu']I've had my prices adjusted for 3 times without the receipt, they can look up the invoice number using date of purchase, items purchased, credit card number..etc.[/QUOTE]

Why did you quote me, I didn't ask the question, in fact I was the one that gave him the answer too. XD

Just heard back from customer service-- they're crediting $10.28 back to my card (for VP: Covenant of the Plume and FF: Echoes of Time). Awesome.

DQ V has been long gone from any Fry's within a 90 mile radius from my house. I did pick up Jeanne D'Arc and VP though. Thanks OP.

I went in to get my prices adjusted again today. My stack of green price adjustment papers is beginning to resemble a notebook. I noticed a few more games that people might be interested in, so I put them on the first page. Here they are in case you feel too lazy to click:

Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $6.52
Jake Hunter Detective Chronicles - $10.23
Marvel TCG - $10.23
Front Mission DS - $13.86
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49

and

Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP - $13.71

[quote name='michaelericalonzo']i shouldve picked up dragon quest monster joker and the slime one. how do you guys like these 2?[/QUOTE]

These two games (Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime) are absolute GEMS! DQM:J admittedly takes a little while to get the hang of, but once you simply erase any thought that this is a Pokemon or traditional RPG you are guaranteed to have a blast. I spent over 100 hours playing it and I'm heavily considering starting over to play it again. DQ:RS is one of the most painfully overlooked action adventures in the DS library. You will be charmed in more ways than you can possibly imagine :)

I can't recommend these two any higher. Go for it! :)

Thanks for the heads-up on some of the extra price drops. I got the prices for Final Fantasy CC: Echoes of Time and Elebits DS credited back to me for a little over $8 back. I picked up the strategy guide for Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume ($12.23) for a few dollars more.

By the way, the Renton, WA Fry's still has a LOT of stock of the latter game. It's in a big basket table thing between the DVD section and the little cafe inside. It's mixed with other riff-raff, and I'll guess ~15 copies of the game are in there.

The same store has about 3-4 more copies of DQV, all of which are tagged at the old $39.99 price (but I'm sure they're the current sale price). Good luck!

Holycrap! Getting the price difference on my games was a frickin' nightmare. First the said they couldn't do it.(Pulled out a book to show me the policy...which didn't say anything bout their own price drops) then they said they could only do 1. Then they couldn't because it was a clearance item they don't sell anymore.Told me I had to go to original store to have them do the adjust. I was like "seriously?" This store is 3 miles away, other store is 25. So I drove to other store, guy took my receipt and adjusted them in 30 secs. I was like "OK, guess the ASST. Store Manager didn't want to take a hit on his P and L report so he refused my adjustment..." I mean they gave me 7 different reasons why they "couldn't give me the difference back". Sorry for the vent, but it seems more and more stores will beat you over the head to try to make you not try to get a price adjustment...

[quote name='NeoGutsman']These two games (Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime) are absolute GEMS! DQM:J admittedly takes a little while to get the hang of, but once you simply erase any thought that this is a Pokemon or traditional RPG you are guaranteed to have a blast. I spent over 100 hours playing it and I'm heavily considering starting over to play it again. DQ:RS is one of the most painfully overlooked action adventures in the DS library. You will be charmed in more ways than you can possibly imagine :)

I can't recommend these two any higher. Go for it! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up on the two DQ games. I never would of given them a second thought. FYI, the San Jose Fry's has both DQ games and I saw some Steal Princess, Theresa, Front Mission, Blue Dragon, Valkyrie Profile and Miami Law among others.

Picked up

Blue Dragon + - 12.00
Valkyrie Profile - 12.00

Got back credit for Dragon Quest. Was surprised too, because of past experiences with some of the worst customer service. Thanks again OP!

[quote name='mazinga z']Holycrap! Getting the price difference on my games was a frickin' nightmare. First the said they couldn't do it.(Pulled out a book to show me the policy...which didn't say anything bout their own price drops) then they said they could only do 1. Then they couldn't because it was a clearance item they don't sell anymore.Told me I had to go to original store to have them do the adjust. I was like "seriously?" This store is 3 miles away, other store is 25. So I drove to other store, guy took my receipt and adjusted them in 30 secs. I was like "OK, guess the ASST. Store Manager didn't want to take a hit on his P and L report so he refused my adjustment..." I mean they gave me 7 different reasons why they "couldn't give me the difference back". Sorry for the vent, but it seems more and more stores will beat you over the head to try to make you not try to get a price adjustment...[/QUOTE]

The Renton Fry's sometimes takes forever for customer service. Admittedly, this weekend I told the greeter that I just wanted a price adjustment and he sent me right in line, no questions asked. The person who did the adjustment was relatively fast, too. I just got credit sheets instead of charging back to my card since that would have meant going to the actual checkout counter maze to do (!).

My price adjustments took about 15 mins since I had a lot of games for the rep to check and adjust. I had about 6 games (out of 9) for him to check since I knew 3 of them I bought at the lowest price (thanks to OP and other CAGers). I opted for store credit since I knew I had to pick up a few more games (Miami Law, Shiren, etc). Overall, it was a good experience.

P.S. He was talking about Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 while he was doing the transactions at the same time. Very chatty and friendly fellow.

P.P.S. I haven't had any bad experiences yet with Fry's.....knock on wood.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']The Renton Fry's sometimes takes forever for customer service. Admittedly, this weekend I told the greeter that I just wanted a price adjustment and he sent me right in line, no questions asked. The person who did the adjustment was relatively fast, too. I just got credit sheets instead of charging back to my card since that would have meant going to the actual checkout counter maze to do (!).[/QUOTE]

They suck if you ask me. I ordered my copy of Dragon Quest V for $12 there, and after ordering for instore pickup, they call me to tell me they can't find them. Uh huh. i.e. the employees took them for themselves. I ordered 2 (they had a total of 3 according to the site at the time).

I don't know if this has been posted yet but Time Hollow is $15.35.

Oh and something similar happened to me, I went to Frys to pick up Atelier Iris 3, the site and even the store showed that there is 1 copy in the store, but they couldn't find it.

[quote name='WilliamG']They suck if you ask me. I ordered my copy of Dragon Quest V for $12 there, and after ordering for instore pickup, they call me to tell me they can't find them. Uh huh. i.e. the employees took them for themselves. I ordered 2 (they had a total of 3 according to the site at the time).[/QUOTE]

Or they actually couldn't find them because someone stole them or put them in the wrong section. You might not believe this, but not every retail employee is a gamer and even most gamers don't care about DQ V, even if it is $12.

[quote name='bojay1997']Or they actually couldn't find them because someone stole them or put them in the wrong section. You might not believe this, but not every retail employee is a gamer and even most gamers don't care about DQ V, even if it is $12.[/QUOTE]

It's possible. But...., when I order the games online for in-store pickup and then some minutes later I receive an "Order ready to be picked up!" e-mail, I fully expect to NOT get a call over an hour after that telling me not to bother coming in when I'm ALREADY on the way in.

Scored:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Wii) 13.18
Flipper Critters 5.14
Code Lyoko Fall of Xana 3.49
Theresia 15.35
Trackmania 6.83

[quote name='WilliamG']It's possible. But...., when I order the games online for in-store pickup and then some minutes later I receive an "Order ready to be picked up!" e-mail, I fully expect to NOT get a call over an hour after that telling me not to bother coming in when I'm ALREADY on the way in.[/QUOTE]

Calm down... Computerized stock isn't accurate at ANY store. I know this may be hard to accept, but, some things in this world are not perfect.

I already got these price adjusted the last time they dropped in price, and it still hasn't been a month since I bought them.

Can I get them adjusted a second time?

Yes. I adjusted my prices 2 times already.

[quote name='Gamelore']I already got these price adjusted the last time they dropped in price, and it still hasn't been a month since I bought them.

Can I get them adjusted a second time?[/QUOTE]

Also, incase it hadn't been posted: Master of the Dragon Lair did indeed drop to 12.XX And I picked up this neat looking RTS called Roboacopolypse for DS for 12.XX.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Also, incase it hadn't been posted: Master of the Dragon Lair did indeed drop to 12.XX And I picked up this neat looking RTS called Roboacopolypse for DS for 12.XX.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean Master of the Monster Lair FoS? Cause if so, it should be $10.23 instead of 12 something.

Also don't know much about Robocalypse, thought it was just a random game. But if its an RTS, may have to look into it now. But FYI, Gamestop actually has it for $9.99 new and $8.99 used, so you may want to return that or get it adjusted.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Robocalypse is worth it! Everyone should buy it![/QUOTE]

Indeed. Made another thread about it. Did some research on the game, and I got to say, I am pretty excited to play it. Going to go get a copy at my GS later. Thanks for mentioning this game FoS.

Just picked up Magical Starsign for 9.99, also Spectrobes Collector's Edition is about 10.28 I think. Was pissed that they sold out of it quick seen a few copies at my store, next day gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Some updates to a lot of games that dropped in price.

Rollin'Rascals $6.86
Puchi Puchi Virus $8.08
Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer $8.18
Ontamarama $8.18
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation $8.18
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja $8.18
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates $8.18
Summon Night: Twin age $8.18
Master of the Monster Lair $8.18
Robacalypse $10.23
Steal Princess $11.06
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice $12.28

And to io, there are your drops for summon night and master of the monster lair :D, also to FoS, theres your drop on Master of the Monster Lair. Decent drop, probably worth it to go back and adjust it along with Robocalypse now huh? XD

Going to head down to Fry's myself later and get stuff adjusted.

Enjoy all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back