Fry's instore NDS/PSP price drops Dragon Quest V and FFCC: EoT for $5.88 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinksand

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride shows up on the Fry's website for $5.88. Here's the link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838683?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can't order it online, but you can set up a Store Pickup through the website.

I went to pick up my copy and found another Square Enix RPG for $5.88 -- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Looks like you can order this one and have it delivered to your door. Another link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838743?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It seems like every time someone makes a trip to Fry's to pick up one of these titles, a new price drop is found. This list isn't comprehensive (yet), but here are some of the other titles that CAG's have found. All are for the Nintendo DS.

Edit by Io: Here is the official Fry's clearance game trading thread. Please post all trade offers/requests here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588
I also added the metacritic scores for all the games below.

Advance Wars: DoR - $10.49 metacritic score: 86
Animal Genius - $5.91 N/A
Arkanoid DS - $6.54 61
Avalon Code - $19.90 70
Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $4.18 65
Battles of Prince of Persia - $3.34 64
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - $8.43 83
Blue Dragon Plus - $8.76 69
Code Lyoko: Fall of Xana - $3.49 63
Dark Spire - $6.00 69
Dinosaur King - $7.12 61
Dokapon Journey - $6.00 60
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $14.99 83
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $14.99 75
Drawn to Life - $9.70 73
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $5.94 75
Exit - $19.80 64
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $8.40 75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6.54 77
Flash Focus - $5.07 59
Flipper Critters - $3.80 60
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship - $9.80 65
Front Mission - $9.70 72
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $4.74 79
Goosebumps Horrorland - $6.86 N/A
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) - $11.94 72
Harvest Moon DS Cute - $7.20 66
Honeycomb Beat - $3.56 61
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue - $7.20 55
Hotel Dusk - $9.90 78
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $6.54 65
Jagged Alliance - $5.57 57
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - $8.18 47
Jam Sessions - $2.39 72
Lock's Quest - $9.70 80
Luminous Arc 2 - $7.86 73
Magical Starsign - $9.99 69
Marvel Trading Card Game - $8.18 61
Master of Illusion - $4.88 69
Master of the Monster Lair - $6.54 63
Miami Law - $10.13 55
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $6.54 70
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase - $4.67 N/A
Nanostray 2 - $3.85 75
National Geographic: Panda - $4.80 N/A
Neopets Puzzle Adventure - $8.18 70
New International Track and Field - $8.18 73
Ninja Reflex - $4.37 54
Ontamarama - $8.18 71
Pass the Pigs - $8.18 N/A
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice - $9.82 78
Pipe Mania - $3.34 71
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - $2.39 59
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - $2.39 59
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation - $8.18 72
Puchi Puchi Virus - $6.46 73
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $14.99 67
Robocalypse - $8.18 78
Rollin' Rascals - $5.49 N/A
Space Camp - $8.08 N/A
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49 85
Spectrobes Collector's Edition - $7.20 63
Steal Princess - $8.85 60
Summon Night Twin Age - $6.54 73
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74 65
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $4.37 59
Theresia - $12.35 61
Time Hollow - $12.35 64
Tokyo Beat Down - $10.23 56
Trackmania - $4.78 75
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $12.00 74
Warhammer 40,000: $8.18 57
World Championship Games: A Track and Field Event - $3.40 N/A
Zubo - $4.02 75

... and here are some games for the PSP ...

Every Extend Extra - $5.14 74
Hot Pixel - $3.42 55
Jeanne D'arc - $10.28 87
Metal Slug Anthology - $13.71 78
Space Invaders Extreme - $6.85 84

Thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post in this thread with prices and locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone. Got some great drops for everyone. Here they are.

Zubo $4.02
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai & Zero $5.94
The Dark Spire $6.00
Harvest Moon DS Cute $7.20
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue $7.20
Luminous Arc 2 $7.86
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time $8.40
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride $8.40

Very good prices for all of these games assuming you don't own them already.

Good luck!

Oh no, not more #-o

That means more reams of paper. And I was just there Friday afternoon.

The good thing was that I found an Apollo Justice that was not there before (and not there according to the store locator). I figure someone must have returned it. It appeared more that way because the old tag had been ripped off along with part of the plastic wrap. It was shrinkwrapped and the case did not look all that great so I opened it in front of the receipt check dude to make sure it wasn't a resealed empty game. It appeared fine - I guess it was just another example of a cheaply wrapped DS game (there are many of them).

But I also bought a couple of things that apparently dropped mere hours later :roll:. I have an insane amount of things I could get adjusted but I think I'll stick with the most current receipts for now. It is all just too much to deal with at Fry's :lol:.

[quote name='io']Oh no, not more #-o

That means more reams of paper. And I was just there Friday afternoon.

The good thing was that I found an Apollo Justice that was not there before (and not there according to the store locator). I figure someone must have returned it. It appeared more that way because the old tag had been ripped off along with part of the plastic wrap. It was shrinkwrapped and the case did not look all that great so I opened it in front of the receipt check dude to make sure it wasn't a resealed empty game. It appeared fine - I guess it was just another example of a cheaply wrapped DS game (there are many of them).

But I also bought a couple of things that apparently dropped mere hours later :roll:. I have an insane amount of things I could get adjusted but I think I'll stick with the most current receipts for now. It is all just too much to deal with at Fry's :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think after todays adjustment, unless the next drop is a big difference, I don't think I can stand going down to Fry's again for another 20 page report of my price adjustments. I'm pretty sure if I put all of them together it'll be thicker than a book, lol.

Just got back. Saved another $15 after all the adjustments. Wonder how many more times these games will drop until they are out of the system.

[quote name='Squarehard']Hey everyone. Got some great drops for everyone. Here they are.

Luminous Arc 2 $7.86
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride $8.40

Very good prices for all of these games assuming you don't own them already.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Very good price but No Frys or Outpost store here in Missouri.

Dang, I just got a lot of my games adjusted on Friday. I couldn't adjust Steal Princess, Master of Monster Lair, and DQ5 because 30 days have passed. At least those I adjusted them a week ago.

If anyone picks up an extra copy of Crystal Chronicles and Dragon Quest V, PM me. I'd like to get a copy of each, but there aren't any Fry's near me.

Front Mission dropped to $9.70.

Good thing I held off on this for a bit, hopefully my store will still have a copy by tomorrow.

Zubo $4.02

Harvest Moon DS Cute $7.20

if anyone can grab me a copy of any of these let me know how much you want before i go buy them off ebay tuesday

Some nice price drops again guys. I actually have like 6 games that has dropped from this list, so definitely getting them adjusted, almost outside of my 30 day mark too XD.

Here they are:

Away Shuffle Dungeon $4.18
Geometry Wars: Galaxies $4.74
Picto Image $4.74
Trackmania $4.78
Master of Illusion $4.88
Flash Focus $5.07
Rollin' Rascals $5.49
Jagged Alliance $5.57
Puchi Puchi Virus $6.46
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja $6.54
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates $6.54
Master of the Monster Lair $6.54
Summon Night: Twin Age $6.54
Dinosaur King $7.12
Robocalypse $8.18
Blue Dragon Plus $8.76
Steal Princess $8.85

There were some other drops, but I tried to list the key titles, so good luck to all.

Does anyone know if you can still get a price adjustment if your local store no longer has the item in stock, but it's showing up as available in-store at other locations? Thank you.

[quote name='bojay1997']Does anyone know if you can still get a price adjustment if your local store no longer has the item in stock, but it's showing up as available in-store at other locations? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

The game does not have to be in stock for you to get a price adjustment, nor does it have to be at the exact same location.

As long as its within 30 days of the original purchase date, you can still bring it down to any Fry's and theyll adjust it for you.

dang it. some of my games were bought more than 30 days ago. i can't believe this thread made it back to the first page of the deals forums. i predict this thread lasting till x-mas when they start slashing more games...

Even more drops:

Dokapon Journey $6.00
Fossil League $9.80
Nanostray 2 $3.85
Arkanoid $6.54
National Geographic Panda $4.80
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice $9.82
Spectrobes Collectors Edition $7.20
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time $2.39
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness $2.39
Honeycomb Beat $3.56
Animal Genius $5.91
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer $6.54
Lock's Quest $9.70
Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades bundle $11.94
Drawn to Life $9.70
Jam Sessions $2.39

I've got a big adjustment to process there tomorrow, just days before the end of my 30 day window!

Really hoping for some more movement on Valkyrie Profile in the next week, seems to be permanently stalled at $12.00.

The only frys near me is in downers grove IL. It's 25 miles away. I don't want to drive 50 miles total for nothing. If anyone here goes to that location, is it worth it or s everything gone.

Arg - looks like another 45 minute wait at Fry's for me tomorrow while they cut down a few trees for all their paperwork. I mean, I'm glad they keep dropping these and seem to have no problem price adjusting - I just wish it was a little easier/faster to do. I'm tempted to only get my really old receipt (just under 30 days) done tomorrow and wait some more on the others. Had I done that originally I could have just gone in once and gotten bigger adjustments.

[quote name='Estebon']The only frys near me is in downers grove IL. It's 25 miles away. I don't want to drive 50 miles total for nothing. If anyone here goes to that location, is it worth it or s everything gone.[/QUOTE]

That's the location that I go to and I would say no, don't bother going. At lot of the stuff on clearance are gone within a few days after the price dropped.
For instance, one day I saw like 8 copies of Dokapon Journey left, the VERY next day there was only 1 copy left. (Which I took)

Although there's like 20 copies left of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin that haven't seem to budge for whatever reason.

Just got back from the Sunnyvale Frys. Most of the DS games are pretty cleared out. I did notice Super Dodgeball Brawlers for the DS for $9.80.

I thought I had posted in this thread but it was in the non-DS Fry's clearance thread... So, anyway, had some trouble with price adjusting today. According to what they told me today they are not supposed to do this with "close-out" or "one-of-a-kind" merchandise like these games (the other term thrown around was "discontinued").

Here's what I posted in the other thread. I meant it to be here, actually:

Today I took my well-worn receipts in for further price adjustment. One was barely within 30 days but still qualified. The rep took my receipt and said "hold on a minute" and disappeared for about 10 minutes. He comes back with the supervisor who says I have been buying a lot of their close-out merchandise and price adjusting it and that she just wanted me to be aware that they do not price adjust on "one-of-a-kind" or "discontinued" merchandise and that they would adjust just one item for me today and that would be the end of it. They had printed and highlighted that part on some price adjustment policy sheet (which I'd never seen before). I felt like arguing the point in that these are just regular markdowns out on the shelves with all the other games (not in special clearance or "close-out" sections).

I even had a receipt from just about 7 days ago that I had adjusted the very next day when a couple of prices dropped overnight on me. But I hadn't adjusted a few other items on it at all and yet they still refused to do even those items for me. I may try to go back there and if a different supervisor and CS rep are around and try to get that one done at least. I think it's pretty ridiculous that I can buy something and have it drop within 7 days and they still won't do it. I could see maybe them rejecting multiple adjustments to the same item though.

Stupidly I chose to adjust Dokapon Journey (should have done Phoenix Wright Justice For All which was one of the ones on the latest receipt). Because when I went to check their selection they had more Dokapon at the new price. However, I was able to pick up a few others I was going to adjust like Jake Hunter and Miami Law. Then after purchasing them I went back to customer service and returned those games with the old receipts. If they want to play that game then I'll just do the returns on whatever I can (as long as I can buy another at the lower price). So that makes it more like Target clearance where you have to play the guessing game of whether something will sit around long enough to drop again or get bought up by other people :bomb:.

Has anyone else run into this? Should I carry it up the chain at Fry's if this is indeed not their actual policy, or is everyone skating in under that dubious clause about "discontinued" merchandise? It doesn't even say clearance in that section which would at least make some sense.

I think I might print out that Dragon Quest V page and try to price match at Best Buy, even though we have no Fry's here in Colorado.

[quote name='io']I thought I had posted in this thread but it was in the non-DS Fry's clearance thread... So, anyway, had some trouble with price adjusting today. According to what they told me today they are not supposed to do this with "close-out" or "one-of-a-kind" merchandise like these games (the other term thrown around was "discontinued").

Today I took my well-worn receipts in for further price adjustment. One was barely within 30 days but still qualified. The rep took my receipt and said "hold on a minute" and disappeared for about 10 minutes. He comes back with the supervisor who says I have been buying a lot of their close-out merchandise and price adjusting it and that she just wanted me to be aware that they do not price adjust on "one-of-a-kind" or "discontinued" merchandise and that they would adjust just one item for me today and that would be the end of it. They had printed and highlighted that part on some price adjustment policy sheet (which I'd never seen before). I felt like arguing the point in that these are just regular markdowns out on the shelves with all the other games (not in special clearance or "close-out" sections).

I even had a receipt from just about 7 days ago that I had adjusted the very next day when a couple of prices dropped overnight on me. But I hadn't adjusted a few other items on it at all and yet they still refused to do even those items for me. I may try to go back there and if a different supervisor and CS rep are around and try to get that one done at least. I think it's pretty ridiculous that I can buy something and have it drop within 7 days and they still won't do it. I could see maybe them rejecting multiple adjustments to the same item though.

Stupidly I chose to adjust Dokapon Journey (should have done Phoenix Wright Justice For All which was one of the ones on the latest receipt). Because when I went to check their selection they had more Dokapon at the new price. However, I was able to pick up a few others I was going to adjust like Jake Hunter and Miami Law. Then after purchasing them I went back to customer service and returned those games with the old receipts. If they want to play that game then I'll just do the returns on whatever I can (as long as I can buy another at the lower price). So that makes it more like Target clearance where you have to play the guessing game of whether something will sit around long enough to drop again or get bought up by other people :bomb:.

Has anyone else run into this? Should I carry it up the chain at Fry's if this is indeed not their actual policy, or is everyone skating in under that dubious clause about "discontinued" merchandise? It doesn't even say clearance in that section which would at least make some sense.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a load of crap. I mean it does not matter if it's a closeout or a discontinued item. That is why you only get 30 days to get it adjusted. I have a friend that works at Fry's and it is a total lie what they are telling you. Their policy actually does not mention discontinued or clearance prices for price adjustments, as long as its done within 30 days from the purchase, it is eligible to be price adjusted.

My friend says that there is a policy for Fry's not price matching clearance or discontinued games at other stores, but that policy does no coincide with the price guarantee policy for their own company.

I think the employees at your store are just assholes.

[quote name='io']I thought I had posted in this thread but it was in the non-DS Fry's clearance thread... So, anyway, had some trouble with price adjusting today. According to what they told me today they are not supposed to do this with "close-out" or "one-of-a-kind" merchandise like these games (the other term thrown around was "discontinued").

Has anyone else run into this? Should I carry it up the chain at Fry's if this is indeed not their actual policy, or is everyone skating in under that dubious clause about "discontinued" merchandise? It doesn't even say clearance in that section which would at least make some sense.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a load of crap. I took MY well-worn receipts into TWO different Fry's today and had no problem getting all of my items adjusted just days before my 30 days is up. One receipt had been adjusted in full before, one had a couple of items previously adjusted, and one was being adjusted for the first time. None of the receipts were even from the stores I adjusted them at. Take it up the chain at your local store, or like you said, just go back at a different time/day to get a different clerk/manager.

The only BS policy I've run into with them on adjustments is based on how your items were originally rung up. If you buy say 3 Dokapons and your receipt says 3 @ $original price (one line item), they will only adjust ONE. But if you buy 3 on another receipt that were all scanned individually, (1 @, 1@, 1@), so 3 line items on your receipt, then you can get all of them adjusted in full. Why? Because they treat the adjustment like a competitive price match, which by their weird rules means only one per line item is eligible, even though you're just adjusting items that have price drops in their own store. This cost me some potential cash back on DQV and a couple other titles, so I make sure the checkers ring up my games one by one now.

My store just cannot get rid of their copies of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Is it fun? I've read a lot of reviews saying it's one hardest in the series and focuses more on multiplayer (which I'm not at all interested in). Everything has been pretty much cleaned out except for that, Miami Law and a few PSP games. Kind of a relief, actually.

[quote name='Vegan']Yeah, direct their attention to the writing on the back of the receipt.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my receipt back and I'm curious which provision you think applies. The only potentially relevant section is that you can return unopened video games and software within 30 days for a refund or exchange. Nothing about price matches there. My recollection is that Fry's price match policy which they have posted in-store doesn't say anything about adjusting prices, just that Fry's will match other competitors prices within 30 days. I agree that this manager described above was probably being a jerk, but I can fully understand being concerned about having to have my busy employees continually price adjust for a couple of bucks at a time when the game isn't even in-stock at the store anymore and was a bargain to begin with. This abuse of the system is exactly the reason why Amazon dumped their price adjustment policy and I hope that people are reasonable about it at Fry's so they don't do the same thing.

My Fry's in Concord, was completely sold out of almost all of the games, listed in this thread. I could only find Away: Shuffle Dungeon for $4.80. And, this was about a week ago, so it's hard to tell what it's like now.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How is price adjusting an abuse of the system?[/QUOTE]

Doing it once is not. Doing it every week for a month is an abuse. While it technically doesn't go against the letter of the policy (which I'm still convinced doesn't really exist in writing), it certainly goes against the spirit. I for one have shopped at Fry's for many years and I don't want to see their liberal PM and price adjustment policies go away just because people are going down there weekly to get a couple dollars back. Amazon used to have a great policy that was taken away simply because people were doing multiple adjustments and taking up a lot of employee time for very little money back. All I'm asking is for people to be cool and reasonable about using the Fry's price adjustment policy so that we can all enjoy it for years to come.

Instead of constantly adjusting for every price drop, people would be better off to wait until day 28 or 29 and then do one "larger" adjustment for all that is available since the purchase date.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Instead of constantly adjusting for every price drop, people would be better off to wait until day 28 or 29 and then do one "larger" adjustment for all that is available since the purchase date.[/QUOTE]

Well the problem with that for me is that I have crappy memory. And price adjustment policies are very strict, so if I am even one day off, they won't do it, so why risk missing out. I normally find a reason to go to Fry's anyways. Not just to price adjust, but I actually find some games I want to buy for cheap and if they still have it in stock, I do in store pickup. And I have like 6-7 different purchases dating all the way back to a month ago, so one of the purchases might pass the 30 days to get adjusted if I wait for the others to drop.

There's quite a few factors for me, so I just can't wait for one "larger" adjustment. I live fairly close to Fry's anyways, its really more about the wasting of my time at Fry's since they don't have a system where they can adjust multiple things on a receipt at once and has to do it one at a time. As Io has said, always walks out with a stack of paperwork and the blood of many trees on my hands. :eek:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']But, Bojay, what's the difference of going every week as opposed to waiting on, say, the 29th day or something? The end result is still the same..[/QUOTE]

But what you are failing to understand is that it's not about the actual money they are giving you back. The problem is the time the employees are using to do all the adjustments and all the paperwork and accounting on the back end to do the chargebacks, etc... Amazon didn't stop doing adjustments because they were losing money on the actual price differences. It was because they kept having to have employees respond to requests for $1.00 and then kep having to do credit card refunds which takes lots of time and effort. Doing an adjustment once means all those processes get consolidated and the actual cost to Fry's to refund that money becomes significantly diminished.

[quote name='bojay1997']But what you are failing to understand is that it's not about the actual money they are giving you back. The problem is the time the employees are using to do all the adjustments and all the paperwork and accounting on the back end to do the chargebacks, etc... Amazon didn't stop doing adjustments because they were losing money on the actual price differences. It was because they kept having to have employees respond to requests for $1.00 and then kep having to do credit card refunds which takes lots of time and effort. Doing an adjustment once means all those processes get consolidated and the actual cost to Fry's to refund that money becomes significantly diminished.[/QUOTE]

You sound like you work for Fry's. In which case, you're just preaching now. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not save your local retail store employees their time. That's what they're paid for. It's not like a government job, where it's wasting my tax dollars. Chill.

[quote name='Squarehard']You sound like you work for Fry's. In which case, you're just preaching now. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, not save your local retail store employees their time. That's what they're paid for. It's not like a government job, where it's wasting my tax dollars. Chill.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is CAG. No, I don't work at Fry's. When wasting the time of employees leads to higher prices because of more overtime and increasing printing costs and fees from credit card processors for all the chargebacks, all of us suffer because that gets tacked right on to the prices we all pay. We used to get price adjustments at Amazon which actually saved me a lot of money. I can't get them anymore because people abused the system. I don't want the same thing to happen at Fry's. That's not an unreasonable hope and I don't appreciate being told to "chill".

I go just around the end of the 30 days too.
I really hate their long process so I don't bother with it until the end.

I have 8 adjustments and counting, and a couple of those have dropped twice, so getting more back at once.

Tokyo Beatdown is down now too.

That's what I'm doing now. I'm waiting until the 29th day for the price adjustments. I don't want more stacks of paper on my desk at home. I usually keep my receipts until the CC bill comes before tossing them out. After 2 price adjustments, I learned my lesson.

I hope everyone does the same to save the trees. Plus, I don't want their good return/exchange/price match policy to go away.

[quote name='SithFran']Fry's by the AZ Mills has crap games. Nothing that I saw of interest. Anything good at the other location?[/QUOTE]

I work fairly close to the Thunderbird Frys, and stop by there once a month or so to shop. The deals on most console games are pretty lean. You won't find very good prices on most PS2, PS3, Xbox, Wii, and PSP games. They do have a decent clearance section for 360 and DS games though. The DS games especially get marked down pretty regularly. The last time I went there I was able to pick up copies of both the FF Crystal Chronicles titles for the DS, Dragon Quest V, and a few other JRPG titles for the DS. (all for less than $20 each, several for less than $15 each) The selection was still pretty good, but don't be surprised if it has been picked over. Of course, it is entirely possible that more new titles have moved into the clearance range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back