Fry's sale 7/30 - 8/3, Some good deals for a change.

baronofhell

CAG Veteran
I got the fry's ad for the Wilsonville, OR Fry's today, usually it's the same for all Fry's, but if someone know's the link to the fry's ad please post it :)

Ok, tell tuesday they have,

PS2
Final Fantasy X-2 for $19.99
Soul Caliber II for $12.99
Prince of Persia for $14.99
Drakengard for $19.99
NCAA Football 05 for $37.99

XBOX
Silent Scope WITH the Rifle for $49.99

CUBE

PC
Everquest Platinum for $19.99
Half-Life Platinum for $19.99

They also have a sale on Lions Gate DVD's 35 titles are 2 for $13

EDIT: here is a link to the AD in San Jose, LINK

Yep, basically same deal that they're having here in San Jose. Drakengard looks pretty sweet for $20, although it got average reviews.

Dallas area variations:

PS2
Final Fantasy X-2 for $19.99
Drakengard for $19.99

XBOX
Silent Scope WITH the Rifle for $49.99
True Crime for $14.99
Shadow Ops for $29.99

CUBE and GBA
True Crime for $14.99
GameCube Bundle with Backyard Football, Pelican controller and extension cable for $99.99
GBA SP for $84.99
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Games for $22.99 (that name cracks me up)

PC
Everquest Platinum for $19.99
Half-Life Platinum for $19.99
The Suffering for $19.99
Unreal Tournament 2004 for $29.99

Actually, San Jose adds

GBA
Super Monkey Ball for $12.99

Cube
Bundle w/ extra controller and Backyard Football

LA is identical to Dallas except it's only the PS2 version of Soul Calibur II which is on sale.

I'd definitely recommend Drakengard. Amazingly under-rated game, great CG scenes (of course it is Square), excellent gameplay, very high replay value for the type of game (extra characters, 5 endings, 40? weapons) and a very tight plot. The final boss on the first ending is terrible, but I was very happy with the game at the $35 or so I paid for it.

The ad claims that Final Fantasy X-2 is a "new low price" at $19.99, which means it might be going Greatest Hits soon.

However, Fry's did the same thing with Champions of Norrath in their ad a month or so ago, and it's still $29.99 everywhere (and no red banner on top yet).

[quote name='fidodido']Actually, San Jose adds

GBA
Super Monkey Ball for $12.99

Cube
Bundle w/ extra controller and Backyard Football

LA is identical to Dallas except it's only the PS2 version of Soul Calibur II which is on sale.[/quote]

Correction: Supermonkey Ball is for Gamecube not GBA

I see Streets of LA on sale in Dallas but not in the San Jose ad. Is it possible to get the sale price in San Jose??

Does any one know?

Soooo, anyone with access to the SoCal one can confirm Monkey Ball (GC) and TC:SOLA?

Hey Baron have you actually been to the store to check out these deals or just thumb through the ad? I'm from Salem so its a bit of a drive for me but was wondering if you knew if Soul Caliber 2 is $12.99 for the Xbox one. I might have to drive up anyways, Dragengard is totally worth the $20.

Also, does anyone know if Ikaruga is still going for $20? I don't have a GameCube myself but with a load of quality games hitting this fall I might have to pick one up, only $100 anyhow.

I guess im going to be pricematching Drakengard and FFX-2. I hope they dont give me any problems like last time.

The Fry's in Vegas also had ESPN for $15. Went and picked up Prince of Persia today (FINALLY) - would've bought Soul Calibur 2 for $12.99 but the deal is only for PS2, apparently.

[quote name='ex0']Soooo, anyone with access to the SoCal one can confirm Monkey Ball (GC) and TC:SOLA?[/quote]

Super Monkey Ball is San Jose ONLY. Keep in mind, that only means it's not in the LA ads. It's possible (I'd give it a 10% shot), that it is on sale in other stores too.

True Crime is in the LA ads (OC Register).

Wow, some of the best deals I have seen at Fry's in a while. Thank heaven that I was jplanning on going there. I definently picking up FFX-2 and Drakengard and I might pick up Soul Calibur for that price even though I already own the one on the GC. When I think about it, I might as well pick up PoP since you don't need to used the GGC.

[quote name='Xevious']Saturday's ads may reap some new cheap ass deals. I suggest that you wait till tommorrow.[/quote]

Indeed, I remember a couple weeks ago when the Texas location had Skies of Arcadia Legends for $10. Then in San Jose, they advertised it on Saturday...so it's possible the other deals may be listed in your location over the weekend

Snazzy, probably swing by tomorrow and check out my Fry's (I swear that place has more videogames then any other store outside of specialty videogame stores). They just have tons and tons of copies and even of some harder to find games. $19.99 Ikaruga to name one. But yeah I might get FFX-2 then, sure I've heard bad things, but I still most give it a go. :D

Saturday updates for SJ (no new video games listed in LA or DFW):

$12.99: Enter the Matrix (PS2), Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBox), Ultima Online: 7th Anniversary (PC)

Sunday DFW preview:

$19.99: Halo (PC)

$89.99: GBA SP Console (Price increase or typo?)

No Price Listed: Doom 3 (PC) (Avail. Weds)

Saturday SJ ad has these additions:

PS2 Enter Matrix $12.99

PC Ultima Online 7th year edition $12.99

Xbox Panzeer Dragon Orta $12.99

Thats all I see

[quote name='fidodido']Saturday updates for SJ (no new video games listed in LA or DFW):

$12.99: Enter the Matrix (PS2), Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBox), Ultima Online: 7th Anniversary (PC)

Sunday DFW preview:

$19.99: Halo (PC)

$89.99: GBA SP Console (Price increase or typo?)

No Price Listed: Doom 3 (PC) (Avail. Weds)[/quote]

Wow Fidodido, you beat my post by 1 minute.

[quote name='ChronoBreak']Hey Baron have you actually been to the store to check out these deals or just thumb through the ad? I'm from Salem so its a bit of a drive for me but was wondering if you knew if Soul Caliber 2 is $12.99 for the Xbox one. I might have to drive up anyways, Dragengard is totally worth the $20.

Also, does anyone know if Ikaruga is still going for $20? I don't have a GameCube myself but with a load of quality games hitting this fall I might have to pick one up, only $100 anyhow.[/quote]

I had just flipped through the AD, but I did go there today, (It's a trek for me as well, I live in Vancouver, wa) It does not look like SC2 for x-box is part of the sale. In the ad, there was only 2 sku#, one for the ps2 and Cube. BUT, I can confirm that the Wilsonville Fry's had multipul copies of Ikaruga AND Skies of Arcadia for $19.99 :)

Thanks CAG and OP, just got back from my day and got FFX-2 and Drakengard as well as SC2. When I was there, I can confirm that SC2 was $13 for XBOX, PS2, and GC, though they were nearly sold out of the XBOX and PS2 version. With FFX-2 and drakengard, I had to ask one of the employees to go and get me one from th eback.

According to the Las Vegas Fry's - both Panzer Dragoon and Soul Calibur 2 for Xbox are NOT on sale.

They still had plenty of $19.99 FFX-2, though.

As for me, I just got a stick of 256 DDR 2700 for $29.99. Great deal.

I can also confirm that the Las Vegas Fry's has Unreal Tournament 2004 for $30, as I picked up a copy for myself. Your choice of CD or DVD version.

[quote name='mmn']According to the Las Vegas Fry's - both Panzer Dragoon and Soul Calibur 2 for Xbox are NOT on sale.

They still had plenty of $19.99 FFX-2, though.

As for me, I just got a stick of 256 DDR 2700 for $29.99. Great deal.[/quote]

When I say they had to go to the back and get me one, I mean that there were none on there rack type thing. Also Panzer Dragoon Orta is definently not 12.99 or on sale, but I'm pretty sure that I saw SC2 for XBOX as $13.

Alright, thx Baron! Might have to fight the crowds Sunday morning and snag me a Dragengard, Ikaruga and Skies. Might as well check out PC parts while I'm there too, not many good places around here to find them so could save me a trip!

anyone get a hold of prince of persia...the fremont one is all out, but i did nab panzer dragoon, drakengard, and ffx-2 all for 57 with tax. pinch me if i am dreaming

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Also Panzer Dragoon Orta is definently not 12.99 or on sale, but I'm pretty sure that I saw SC2 for XBOX as $13.[/quote]

No, it's not. I had a Fry's person look it up in the computer for me. Not only is it still priced at $19.99 but they don't have any in stock either.

Anyone find it funny that this week's "feature of the week" is a $84.99 GBA SP? This week has one of the most antcipated PC game coming out...

I spoke with some guys at Fry's on Friday and they said they will have the best price on Doom 3. So I assume it will be 39.99 or less. THey said it would be one of those deals where they'll have it by 4 on wednesday.

Dang, you're fast, Xevious. ;)

Stupid website...fixed it after I spent 15-20 minutes trying to work out DMH. ;). Here's the remaining video game items for SJ:

Spawn: Armageddon for PS2 - $12.99

Dead Man's Hand for XBox - $14.99

Doom 1 and 2: Collector's Edition for PC - $14.99

Halo: Combat Evolved for PC - $19.99

Hip Gear Wireless Controller for PS2 or XBox - $19.99

Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow for XBox - No Pricing yet, Avail. Thurs.

i guess i finally buy half-life, cuz that's the platnuim version with the game and all the expansions, it's 40 everywhere else.

I went and got Ikaruga for 20 bucks. They also had one of those controllers with a screen on it for 30 bucks, but I didn't get one.

Thanks for the tip on this one, dude.
Since the Fountain Valley Fry's was on the way to my dad's I cruised by and picked up FFX-2.
Never would've known or would've known too late about it, if it hadn't been for you.

Thanks alot for the heads up also, alot more deals then what they had in their ad. I picked up a total of 6 games including Otogi, ESPN NFL 2005, Drakengard, Ico, Skies of Arcadia and Half-Life Platinum but struck out on Ikaruga and Soul Caliber. They also told me they couldn't order them so I guess I might be out of luck on those 2 :cry:

[quote name='ChronoBreak']Thanks alot for the heads up also, alot more deals then what they had in their ad. I picked up a total of 6 games including Otogi, ESPN NFL 2005, Drakengard, Ico, Skies of Arcadia and Half-Life Platinum but struck out on Ikaruga and Soul Caliber. They also told me they couldn't order them so I guess I might be out of luck on those 2 :cry:[/quote]

did u get a chance to play drakengard yet? I was thinking about picking that up but decided not to. I was thinking about saving the 20.00 to put towards kingdom under fire for xbox when that comes out.

I haven't had the chance to yet Tenzor but from the reviews I read about it, its kinda a mix between Panzer Dragoon, Dynasty Warriors with a few RPG elements too. I've been holding out for it since it came out so $20 is a great buy IMO. Heres what IGN had to say if anyone is interested.

bread's done
Back