Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

[quote name='homern3d']Another confirmation for the Milpitas, CA Best Buy. They did both the Fry's $40 Assassin's Creed PM and the Super Mario Galaxy w/ $25 GC PM. :)[/quote]

If I have to go to BestBuy for something again, it'll be there. Steer clear of Mountain View and Sunnyvale. Worst CS ever.

I got squat. I called FRYs after my night class and they were sold out. Only 30 mins after the 6pm release and they were sold out. Man...

so it turns out I guess I read the online price matching policy for best buy wrong. They'll only pricematch online orders with other best buy stores. I ended up cancelling my online order pickup and lost my $5 RZ certificate on this. It'll get credited back to my RZ account within a week but I was lookin forward to using it on AssCreed :( It expires february of next year so I'll have to find some other good deals to use it on.

Ended up goin to Milpitas BB to do a straight pricematch (they wouldn't let me take it to the cashier, they said they'd bring it up to customer service for me lol). They had tons of copies of the game for PS3, dunno about 360. Oh well 40 more points in my RZ account I guess

I just got back from the Industry, CA Fry's. I got there around 5:50pm and there was a line of about 30 people. I was worried they would run out, but they still had plenty of copies by the time i got to the front of the line. They all had the correct sale price on them $39.99.

Bought the game on Wednesday at BB, asked for PM and got shut down for not having the ad. Bought the game anyway with a $5 off coupon. Returned today and asked for PM again and I worked w/no problems. Didn't have to wait till 6pm or have the ad or have them call. BTW this was at the Ceder Hills BB in Beaverton Oregon.

[quote name='tightclaws']LOL thats because they get like 3 copies

I have never bought a game a Frys because they are always sold out, because they are pretty sucky over all. However I do love there deals and use them to price match every chance I get .[/QUOTE]

Apparently they got 12 copies..6 of each i guess, like the Irving store.

I did get a PM at Worst Buy though...I was shocked that they didn't call to check stock.

Seems like the DFW area in general is dead if you want hot deals...there are always people (probably ebayers) that get in line first and clean these places out :(

I asked for a raincheck at Fry's and they gave me some BS about their current ad not having the game advertised...it was in the Sunday ad, and if it isn't in the current one, they won't give out rainchecks..what the hell?

I went to Fry's [Seattle] -- They said to come back at 6pm I came back and got nothing.:bomb:

Can I go over to a BestBuy tommorow with the ad for a price match?

This was a big mess up on frys part. I did end up getting a copy but i wanted it for my s3 and they sold out , so i got it for 360, only bad thing is that my 360 just got red rings of death last night. so looks like ill have to wait till i get my 360 back from repairs to play it. Im going to go back this weekend and see if they got any ps3 versions in so i can exchange it. and yea my local frys also "sold out" within 10 mins after 5pm.

I went to Best Buy (Stevens Creek) and they wouldn't price match until 6. So I headed over to Circuit City (Eastridge) after and they allowed the price match. Purchased 360 and PS3 version. 360 version is for my brother.

My friend wanted to play it after hearing how much I was into it. So he headed over to Fry's (Brokaw) and they were sold out before 6pm. So he went to Best Buy (Milpitas) and they wouldn't let him price match at first. I gave him the ad before he went but they said the game had to be in stock. After a few minutes of trying to price match, he said "Ugh, forget it, how do I get to Circuit City from here?" The supervisor overheard and just allowed the price match. Guess they didn't want him to go to CC. lol.

Here is one for everyone to chew on....
Went to CC on Bellaire, Houston to PM Assassin's Creed today, but the customer service lady insist that they only accept original ad or a computer "print-out". She then went ahead and declare that my OC pdf "print-out" was a xerox copy. I tried to explain to her that this is a computer print-out of a large ad, but I couldn't talk any sense into her at all. It seems she already made up her mind about my sheet of paper and it didn't seem like she wanted my business at all.
So I left and went to BB near by and they happily PM from the printed ad without any hesitation.

I got the last copy of PS3 version from their display. They had plenty of 360 version on there.

Makes you wonder how CC stays in business at all with this kind of service....

CC refused to price match since frys didnt answer the phone when they called. went to BB and got it no problem. never again CC, never again.

Went to Fry's (Arlington) a little after 6pm, and was told that ALL copies were nabbed in 5 MINS! Geez...:roll:

Went to CC next. They had 3 copies left at CS, but weren't giving up tha' goods...due to Fry's "sold out" stock. And, thirdly, TRU told me they didn't have any. :whistle2:|

Later on, went to I-20 Walmart...and SUCCESS! No hassle(s)/No questions asked...I got tha' PM! BTW, the AC display section was (and still is [as of this post]) WELL over-stocked of copies. PLUS, I got to keep the Fry's ad from Sunday's newspaper! \\:D/

[quote name='strdr4']Anyone know if I can PM tomorrow at CC/BB or somewhere else? Is this a one day sale only?[/quote]

Goes until the ad date is up.

[quote name='Brymo']Goes until the ad date is up.[/quote]
Yea, so I'm figuring today was your only shot at PM'ing it. Sucks too, I wanted to PM but I spent the last of my moolaa on SMG >.>

I got the first copy at the Sunnyvale Frys, and I arrived at around 5:15pm. I proceeded to look around a bit, and I saw a bunch of people holding onto their Assassins Creed copies. I don't think they even sold out as they got at least 15 of each copy. I don't know why so many people here have something against Frys. It's one of my favorite places to shop and I've never had any hassle returning anything. Maybe it's just mine though because it was the Original Frys that started it all and they probbably have higher standards or something.

I don't have anything against Fry's, but when you start advertising something that isn't even released to the public and then pull the advertised item when the item actually comes out, I would consider that false advertising.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I got the first copy at the Sunnyvale Frys, and I arrived at around 5:15pm. I proceeded to look around a bit, and I saw a bunch of people holding onto their Assassins Creed copies. I don't think they even sold out as they got at least 15 of each copy. I don't know why so many people here have something against Frys. It's one of my favorite places to shop and I've never had any hassle returning anything. Maybe it's just mine though because it was the Original Frys that started it all and they probbably have higher standards or something.[/quote]

Cause there's no doubt they released like 20 copies of the game on each system when they had a bunch more in the back.

I went at 9 AM today. They wouldn't sell it to me or give me a raincheck. They told me I had to come back at 6 PM. I got there at 5:55 PM and they had already sold all of their copies.

Successful PM at BB in West Hollywood. All the staff knew about it and were cool with it...even the manager. No trouble or hassle there. If you can't find it on the shelf, then try asking for it at checkout. They sometimes keep high demand items there. If anybody wants the Fry's print ad to get the PM and works near Wilshire/Miracle Mile area in LA, then let me know.

such false advertisement, the ad said it'll be on sale at 6pm, i got to the burbank fry's at 5:45 and they sold out and told me that it was actually at 5pm. wtf!?

Went to my local frys (woodland hills,ca) around 5:20 and I got there and there was about 20 people just standing around the video games station. After awhile they started handing out tickets for the PS3 version and soon after the 360 version. They told us to wait a lil while and then to go to the cash registers to pay for it. I grabbed two copies for the 360 but ended up returning one an hour later to buy SMG at Best Buy and get the $25 GC.

I tried to PM at Circuit City at 7:00pm today. I went in and the lady said they would no longer price match Fry's because they were out of stock. I guess sooooooooooo many people were price matching it that they needed an excuse to stop and they were periodically calling and once they heard they were out of stock they stopped accepting it.

bollocks :(

I hope they'll have it by tomorrow morning! I already bought the last copy of AC (PS3) last morning at BB. I spent $25 GC after purchasing SMG with TRU AD and paid the remaining balance. Hopefully I'll go back to BB tomorrow morning to get it PM, since Frys is very close to BB in Burbank, CA. What I should do is call Frys to check if they have AC availability. If they said yes then I'll call BB if they can PM Frys for $39.99. While I'm heading to BB, CS will contact Frys before I come in and PM quick and be done by minute! Luckily, I'll be saving $51 cuz you know the deal right? Here's the breakdown: $25 GC+$20 AD+$6 PM = $51. If AC is $60 then I only pay $9 less for all that simple price work! ;)

I successfully PMd to BB in Hawthorne yesterday evening. They were all out of PS3 versions and only had a few 360 copies left. They said they'd replinishments today (friday) though.

[quote name='az0madman']Just came back from BB in Phoenix, AZ (Thunderbird). No ad, but they knew about the price match more so then the Mario one. Didn't have to call or anything. Had to wait a bit, but other then that, Assassin's Creed PM worked![/quote]
I must of just missed you, I was at that store yesterday around 3:30 and used Sunday's ad to pricematch for the PS3 version. At first she told me it was only for the 360 version, but finally matched the price after I showed her the PS3 version behind it.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I got the first copy at the Sunnyvale Frys, and I arrived at around 5:15pm. I proceeded to look around a bit, and I saw a bunch of people holding onto their Assassins Creed copies. I don't think they even sold out as they got at least 15 of each copy. I don't know why so many people here have something against Frys. It's one of my favorite places to shop and I've never had any hassle returning anything. Maybe it's just mine though because it was the Original Frys that started it all and they probbably have higher standards or something.[/QUOTE]

I love that frys. They had 60 copies for each system. I thought I was going to miss out but sure enough a quick phone call before my test at 5:13 and one very sweet lady later I had myself a copy of AC. Problem was she went on break when i got to the store and no one knew of a hold for it. Thank god I was smart enough to ask them to search to see if they had a copy floating in their computer. Sure enough one was flying around. Software manager called up the nice lady on her break and moments later I had a copy of AC in my hands and I was on my way to knowing the ways of the assassins.

Oh and i have to add that despite the polar reviews about the game its one hell of a fresh take at a video game.

Called in to the Renton (Seattle Area) Fry's last night at 6:30. They were OOS. They told me initially that they couldn't give me a rain check, but I argued with them and told them that they did it for GRAW 2 when they sold out when it was $39.99 and the guy gave in and gave me a rain check over the phone.

[quote name='jkanownik']I went at 9 AM today. They wouldn't sell it to me or give me a raincheck. They told me I had to come back at 6 PM. I got there at 5:55 PM and they had already sold all of their copies.[/QUOTE]

Almost the same situation for me in Gwinnet in Atlanta. I asked for a raincheck and they rudely refused. They made me want to burn the store down with their rudeness.

Just a quick note. Did a successful PM for both AC and SMG ($25 gift card) at BB in Northgate Mall in Seattle, WA. If you do both, have them ring up SMG first and separately, then use the gift card towards AC in a separate purchase. Worked fine for me. I brought in the ads (had Sunday's paper lying around); not sure if this was necessary, as they seemed to know about the ads already.

Guess what! I was told that AC shipment will be here today around 5pm for LA area! AC are still on sale for $39.99 and that was a little confused because it ends yesterday, lol. Today's AD was still effective for $39.99 as promised! Plus they can accept Raincheck but I have to be there to pickup Raincheck but I rather not go there because I wanted to PM at BB. Instead of going to Frys, I'll stop by BB around 4:30pm and get it PM at 5pm to be exact. Fingercrossed ;)

Went to the Renton Frys, drove up from Tacoma in some nasty weather. Got there at 6:15 to find out they were oos. I saw one guy with 3 copies in his hand. I was so mad I yelled at him, and told him he was an asshole for being such a pig. Later while I was at the bathroom waiting for my wife I saw an employee walk by with 2. I caught him, and the guy that had 3 was denied at the cash register so my friend and I got the last 2.

Whew..

I PM'ed this at Best Buy.

Can you believe they made me wait 30 minutes because the ad said 'on sale at 7:00pm' at Frys?!

I would have left but since I PM'ed the SMG with giftcard first, I waited around.

I just got the price match at a Best Buy in GA with a printout of the ad from the mercurynews website. Since I bought the game the other day and came back today with the ad in hand I got an extra 10% off.

If they don't honor the printout make sure you have the number to the closest Fry's and have them call to verify the price.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Guess what! I was told that AC shipment will be here today around 5pm for LA area! AC are still on sale for $39.99 and that was a little confused because it ends yesterday, lol. Today's AD was still effective for $39.99 as promised! Plus they can accept Raincheck but I have to be there to pickup Raincheck but I rather not go there because I wanted to PM at BB. Instead of going to Frys, I'll stop by BB around 4:30pm and get it PM at 5pm to be exact. Fingercrossed ;)[/quote]

Wait a sec, you mean the price is still effective today?!?

i pricematched at the CC in Olympia, no hassle at all. the guy at the service counter mentioned that i wasn't the only one who did this yesterday.
looks like they're some CAGs in my area under the radar.

[quote name='Teflon Donny']I just got the price match at a Best Buy in GA with a printout of the ad from the mercurynews website. Since I bought the game the other day and came back today with the ad in hand I got an extra 10% off.

If they don't honor the printout make sure you have the number to the closest Fry's and have them call to verify the price.[/quote]

Cool I'll try later today - I have the big ad

so i got off work last night at 6 in west hollywood and rushed down to burbank to get on this deal, with my pdf printout in case i need to PM. The guy there tells me they sold out and i couldnt get a rain check and that the price was for thursday only. I then rushed over to best buy nearby which had a lot in stock and they price matched it for me there with no problem. On top of thaty one of my old high school friends happened to be the cashier, and he happened to be an ex fry's employee, Score! :applause:

[quote name='xelhefex']so i got off work last night at 6 in west hollywood and rushed down to burbank to get on this deal, with my pdf printout in case i need to PM. The guy there tells me they sold out and i couldnt get a rain check and that the price was for thursday only. I then rushed over to best buy nearby which had a lot in stock and they price matched it for me there with no problem. On top of thaty one of my old high school friends happened to be the cashier, and he happened to be an ex fry's employee, Score! :applause:[/quote]

His name wouldn't be Alex would it?

[quote name='xelhefex']nah, his name is Chris.[/quote]

Ahh ok, there was a guy from High School I knew who works there named Alex. Don't know if he still works there though...

Man, hopefully I can PM this today if Fry's doesn't have it :/, it's probably a long shot though.

I PM this at the BB in Montclair, CA with no problem. They had a lot of copies too.

I do love that Sunnyvale Fry's though. I go whenever I'm up North and they have a deal.

So I'm just trying to verify if people have still been able to PM this today. I don't wanna go into the Burbank BB just to get shot down like I have recently :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So I'm just trying to verify if people have still been able to PM this today. I don't wanna go into the Burbank BB just to get shot down like I have recently :/[/quote]

I did it just 2 hours ago.

bread's done
Back