Fry's video game clearance thread

Just so people know. BestBuy DOES price match Frys.com. Don't let ignorant representatives tell you otherwise.

Straight from the FAQ:

If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
BB policy says frys.com so that should be good enough for you to get a PM at the store. They can't argue with that.
Yeah, they shouldn't argue with matching frys.com. They can argue, however, if the item is sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those folks who do not have a Fry's near them, don't despair too much. The place has REALLY gone downhill the last 2-3 years.  Stores are a mess; reached the point that last time I went in there I asked them (in all seriousness) if they were going out of business, because the store was looking like CompUSA when they were going out of business (things laying around unplugged, lots of empty shelves, a lot of open box/returned items they were trying to sell).

I ordered the MGS online (said it was in stock at my local Houston store) but naturally I got an email about an hour later saying that in fact no, they did not have any.  About the 5th time I have ordered something with an instore pickup only to find out they do not actually have it.

I think the stores, their inventory systems, etc are a complete mess these days.

terutt said:
I think the stores, their inventory systems, etc are a complete mess these days.
I completely agree! I first moved by a Fry's a few years ago and it was well-stocked with the biggest b&m anime selection that I've ever seen! I've barely gone this year due to lack of deals. Looked like they were trying to reconfigure their game department, and was worried when they brouht in boxes of 'used' titles that they may focus on those instead. Few days ago was a nightmare trying to get a copy of Atelier Ayesha (regret not getting the Play-Asia deal now) to find out that out of the 5 stores in the area that may have one in stock, they were all sold out or put on hold :(

Inventory system is just bad. I dunno what they are doing with their business. Sometimes it looked like they want to get out of games altogether with these heavy clearances. Also, have you noticed how much they are investing in rowz of toys and "as seen on tv" knick knacks?That... worries me too.

I'm gonna hit the Burbank fry's after work, I shall report back with my findings. Not that I expect to find much. Fry's is usually pretty horrible.

Actually scratch that- the fry's website says that nothing I'm looking for is available in store. Or online, for that matter. Not a huge shock. Oh fry's, how I hate thee. :(

I wish I could but their website says it can't be ordered online and isn't available in the (Burbank) store.

I'm considering going over there just to see if they actually have ANY games. Cuz according to their website, they sell every game ever made- unless you want to actually purchase it.

For those folks who do not have a Fry's near them, don't despair too much. The place has REALLY gone downhill the last 2-3 years. Stores are a mess; reached the point that last time I went in there I asked them (in all seriousness) if they were going out of business, because the store was looking like CompUSA when they were going out of business (things laying around unplugged, lots of empty shelves, a lot of open box/returned items they were trying to sell).

I ordered the MGS online (said it was in stock at my local Houston store) but naturally I got an email about an hour later saying that in fact no, they did not have any. About the 5th time I have ordered something with an instore pickup only to find out they do not actually have it.

When the online system indicates item is available, but they can't fulfill your order for in-store pickup, it just means the store employee couldn't locate it on the shelf. I went down to the store and found the item myself when that happened recently.

The problem is, none of the games seem to be available in stores. I checked several and they were all store pick up only and they were also all marked as unavailable at every Frys near me.

If you can't buy it online OR in the store- why even advertise it?

Curious.

Thanks OP.

I used to go to the OR store here all the time, but even for clearance (and at 59 miles) it's just not worth the gas.

However, I'm gonna see if BB will PM some stuff. 

Picked up the Defiance Collectors Edition and Aliens: Colonial Marines Collectors Edition at the Dallas, TX Fry's this afternoon.  $45.XX out the door for both.  I'll probably keep the Aliens statue and trade in the game at Best Buy while they have their 100% bonus going to recoup $20.  

I went to Fry's in Burbank yesterday. Whole "clearance" section was almost cleaned out except for a few games not worth mentioning. 

When the online system indicates item is available, but they can't fulfill your order for in-store pickup, it just means the store employee couldn't locate it on the shelf. I went down to the store and found the item myself when that happened recently.
Sometimes yes, sometimes not. Some of them are such a mess.

Awesome, grabbed MGS Legacy at BB (price Match).  I asked for 2 and the guy was like "Oh shit, why not"

bread's done
Back