Fry's: Wii w/Mario Kart Bundle - $99 (Saturday 1 Day Sale)

dts5000

CAGiversary!
Here's the Fry's Ad

Link

wii99.jpg

Thanks to NHBuddy at SD!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP73']I am a fairy princess who created an account to troll. [/QUOTE]

DEFINITELY open them if the seals are missing. A year or so ago, my girlfriends 360 finally kicked the bucket and we went to Best Buy to swap it out for a new one (the warranty we had allowed to just grab a new one off the shelf after dropping the bad one off @ customer service).

We get it home, and not only is the box not sealed, all of the foam-rubber padding was missing (in the AV/power ports on the back). Upon booting it up it was making horrible noises. Went back the next day to return the replacement for another one....and THAT box was sealed with everything in place, as it should be. That's just my example, and it's my own damn fault for not checking that stuff in-store, but it's made me extremely cautious about buying consoles from big box retailers like Target & Best Buy.

So yes, you should DEFINITELY check to see if it's a return, missing pieces, or if its even functioning. If you were planning on reselling/gifting them, the seals were already missing, so what do you have to lose? I'd rather have the peace of mind.

[quote name='Kenshindono']you should have told them to show you the policy and where it says they dont do 1 day sales.. I saw nothing about that in the policy. It says they dont do stuff like buy 1 get 1 free, or going out of business sales, or generic % off sales, but nothing about how long the sale is on for. Thats utter BS and i would have made a huge stink about it[/QUOTE]

I actually had looked at their price matching policy beforehand. There was one exclusion that specifically mentioned "Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity"
Since it was only a one day sale (as opposed to a weekly ad), I figured they considered that a limited time event.

Good job finding one at Walmart. All my Walmart stores only carry the new bundles that lack gamecube support.

[quote name='bruceg']I actually had looked at their price matching policy beforehand. There was one exclusion that specifically mentioned "Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity"
Since it was only a one day sale (as opposed to a weekly ad), I figured they considered that a limited time event.[/QUOTE]
lol but a week is also a limited time. Every game has a limited quantity.

[quote name='bruceg']I actually had looked at their price matching policy beforehand. There was one exclusion that specifically mentioned "Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity"
Since it was only a one day sale (as opposed to a weekly ad), I figured they considered that a limited time event.

Good job finding one at Walmart. All my Walmart stores only carry the new bundles that lack gamecube support.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol but a week is also a limited time. Every game has a limited quantity.[/QUOTE]

limited time applies to stuff like ' from 9am to noon' and stuff like that... it should not apply to 1 day sales. Or, like kouleefoh says, every single sale is 'limited time' The people at your store were being dicks. Thats really too bad. At the very least i would have got the peoples names and called corporate to complain. Too bad man. Like you said its vaguely worded so that they could deny it however they want. Thats why i always laugh at most stores price matching policies, theres so many restrictions that its not even worth it most of the time. I just got lucky today

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']DEFINITELY open them if the seals are missing. A year or so ago, my girlfriends 360 finally kicked the bucket and we went to Best Buy to swap it out for a new one (the warranty we had allowed to just grab a new one off the shelf after dropping the bad one off @ customer service).

We get it home, and not only is the box not sealed, all of the foam-rubber padding was missing (in the AV/power ports on the back). Upon booting it up it was making horrible noises. Went back the next day to return the replacement for another one....and THAT box was sealed with everything in place, as it should be. That's just my example, and it's my own damn fault for not checking that stuff in-store, but it's made me extremely cautious about buying consoles from big box retailers like Target & Best Buy.

So yes, you should DEFINITELY check to see if it's a return, missing pieces, or if its even functioning. If you were planning on reselling/gifting them, the seals were already missing, so what do you have to lose? I'd rather have the peace of mind.[/QUOTE]

Hmm does that apply to these wii bundles? Like i said i noticed none of them in store seemed to have the seals though there weren't many copies. Is it moral for the Wii consoles to not have any kinda seal like the ps3/360 have? I guess since theres no seal i can open and check it if i want. i wasn't sure if i was keeping the black AND the white, or just the black. I already have a red one

bread's done
Back