FS: 360 Elite 359.99. Pro 269.99.

Anyone know if the Elites are shipping with Jasper yet? I've got one system that is basically about to go off warranty, was considering picking a 120GB HDD up and need a new headset so just getting an Elite might be worth it.

They are on sale to wash out the old systems before the Jaspers come in. They do not want to sit on old stock, when they know people will only want the Jaspers when they come in.

Jasper is a beautiful place in Alberta...its where all the 360s are made!

Actually, Jasper is the 3rd version of the Xbox 360, with all of the problems that leads to RROD having being fixed. Runs a lot cooler/quieter/better/uses less electricity.

Oh boy, you wouldn't believe how many soccer moms, liberal university students (you know, the ones with the asshole "support Israel" scarves but they don't actually know what it represents? Those guys) and retards come into the store just looking around the box "OMG WERES DA JASPUR I DUN WANT TO GET A NON JASPURRRR I DUN NEED TO TULK TO U CUZ U ON COMISSION AND THEREFORE EVIL LAWLAWLAWLAWLLWAL BAAWAAAA". Then I die a little on the inside and remind myself "this is why I don't give to charity".

I hate people.

How important is it to wait for a Jasper model? These ones are probably Falcons, right? Aren't they pretty good? I just got some back pay, and I'm itching to get a 360 to go along with the Rock Band 2 I picked up from HMV. It just sits there, looking at me, begging to be played...

Yeah Falcons are pretty good, I nabbed myself one and it's the only 360 I've owned that hasn't broken down on me (the other two have been fucking monsters).

ive clocked more than 300 odd hours into a falcon and the thing barely gets hot at all. Only problem with the system is that it sounds like a vacuum.

[quote name='kathos']Oh boy, you wouldn't believe how many soccer moms, liberal university students (you know, the ones with the asshole "support Israel" scarves but they don't actually know what it represents? Those guys) and retards come into the store just looking around the box "OMG WERES DA JASPUR I DUN WANT TO GET A NON JASPURRRR I DUN NEED TO TULK TO U CUZ U ON COMISSION AND THEREFORE EVIL LAWLAWLAWLAWLLWAL BAAWAAAA". Then I die a little on the inside and remind myself "this is why I don't give to charity".

I hate people.[/quote]

To be fair, most Futureshop employees are just as bad. Especially with their service plan pushing and whatnot.

It does consume less energy, and it is cooler. I don't know if I'd go as far as to say that all the hardware issues with the 360 have been fixed completely with Jasper. It's too early to say for sure.

It boils down to using a smaller 65 nm chip for both the CPU and GPU. The way the 360 is built though, it basically traps heat in all the wrong places. So while smaller, cooler chips will help, it's still flawed in design. They'd have to do a complete revision and move all the components around (360 slim?) at some point if they really want people to be confident in the hardware.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/10/inside-an-xbox-360-jasper-ben-heck-dissects-the-mythical-consol/

[quote name='constellation']To be fair, most Futureshop employees are just as bad. Especially with their service plan pushing and whatnot.[/quote]

Were you pushed every single time though? Definitely not, if you visit multiple stores it's very different everywhere; whereas Heartland is the worst fucking store in the history of retail, Queensway or Dixie Dundas is pretty good (I'm talking about the gaming staff only).

I'm sure other stores don't have crazy moms thinking they know what they're doing or even crazy liberal uni students thinking I'm some sort of agent for "the man" who's after their pot money. But I'll be damned to find a store that doesn't.

Consumers (myself included) in general are more or less the same; they're all out to protect their money. Isn't that why we're here? That's why people are so afraid of commission staff (or anyone perceived to be on commission), 'cause they think someone's out to cheat them, but the people who think like this are usually people who wouldn't think twice to cheat themselves but don't/never admit to it as long as it benefited them.

Do you believe how many scumbags came up to be trying to grab and PM all the games from EB when they had that "games of June" (or whatever) sale? The same guys (believe it or not, most of the regulars at our store are dirtbag hoarders and idiots constantly asking for a Jasper or a discount) would come to the store another time and tell me off saying "I no give into your commissions, you don't cheat me." But at the same time would be trying to PM HDMI cables from a flea market saying a flea market is a designated retail outlet.

After my service in the retail sector, I personally lost faith for most of humanity, no one trusts anyone anymore because everyone thinks so big of themselves they think everyone's out to get them for some idiotic reason.

And to be fair; commission staff are actually better to shop with than paid staff. 'Cause if you buy something and the commission guy was wrong/lied to you/sold you the wrong product, you return it and the guy actually retroactively loses his commission, which means if he actually cheats you, he loses the money (and gets written up, which is pretty serious, if you escalate it to management or head office). So it's in his/her best interest to not cheat you, sure the warranties (I'm talking about ANY warranties from ANYWHERE) are expensive and don't seem worth it, but there are success stories out there (but people feed on the negative and there really isn't a ilovefutureshop.com is there?).

And I'll tell yah, dealing with a commission guy is a helluva lot better than dealing with an hourly mofo from Best Buy who doesn't care wether you return it or not, or buy warranty or anything like that, 'cause he gets his $9.95/hr wether or not you return it. And usually the guys at BB are jerks who won't help you unless you want to buy warranty (which they make "bonus" on). So the BB guy doesn't have to know shit about what he's talking about, 'cause he's just there to make sure you don't walk out with product.

Whoa shit that went OT, sorry folks, went on a roll there.

Anyway yeah you folks buy that Xbox (it's more of a decent price than you'll see for a while) and just for the love of God:

Buy it, and enjoy.

It's a game system, not a fucking car. You'll just look like the crazy cheap milk bag lady constantly looking for a Jasper when you could just buy milk with a few weeks to go before it expires and just drink the godamned (delicious) milk!

[quote name='Ranzo']They are on sale to wash out the old systems before the Jaspers come in. They do not want to sit on old stock, when they know people will only want the Jaspers when they come in.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. :)

For the record: I have a Falcon Arcade and a "Opus" Pro (according to Wikipedia, anyway, basically Falcon sans HDMI). Both are absolute trash... The Arcade red ringed 36 days after purchase (Novemberish), the Pro has been replaced 5 times (about 3 RRoD). I only just got the Pro back last week for a bad optical drive, and it's starting to fail again - gotta call in once more and have it sent back, yet again. [This is the system I want to replace.] And while I know Jasper won't do anything to fix bad optical drives, I might as well get something that's less likely to die so much.

Meh I've had one Falcon from Christmas of '07, no problems (knocks on wood) and another Falcon from December '08, no problems with either (another knock on wood).

[quote name='Bencherstyle'].....wow.... ^ i thought RROD wasnt THAT bad.....[/quote]

It's bad, my FS used to get tons of Xbox 360s (at least once a day) to be sent for repair, most of the time not even for a RROD, it was bad optical drive or shit like that.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Meh I've had one Falcon from Christmas of '07, no problems (knocks on wood) and another Falcon from December '08, no problems with either (another knock on wood).[/quote]

Same here on my Falcon from Nov '08, still goin' strong, but my other three 360s (don't ask) have been sent in for repair more times than I can care for.

I had a launch day pro until Nov 1, it RRODed two weeks shy of three years. Getting it fixed was a gong show, I called My-XBOX at least 15 times before it got striaghtened out. Funny thing is they said I had warranty until Dec 2009. Four years after purchase.

All these Xboxs dying and people still say service plan pushing is bad. I'm just happy my X-Box is okay.

Falcon VS Jasper seems like a time issue. The Kungfu/Indy Falcons seem like they suck. The first falcons seem to be a good lot. Mines a Falcon that came with MUA/Forza.

[quote name='Lockescythe']All these Xboxs dying and people still say service plan pushing is bad. I'm just happy my X-Box is okay.[/quote]

Oi, check your PMs.

Funny how I say my Xbox's are working fine, then an hour later I notice a problem...the USB flap on my new Xbox is broken, so I get the pleasure at staring at the front USB ports 24/7...my gaming experience is ruined.

bread's done
Back