FS - $50 Trade-in on MW3, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim [12:2 - 12:24]

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Future Shop is offering a $50 TIV on Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, and Skyrim from December 2 - December 24. Play through them and trade them in - you have 3 weeks!

Click here for promo

I'm going to be getting rid of MW3 and Skyrim with this. Can't beat buying the game for $40 (e3 sale) and trading it back for $50. lol.

I guess I'll trade-in MW3. I love the game, but have barely been playing it since Skyrim came out. Oh, and the $50 credit is gift card only, right?

Anyone know where I can get a case with cover for MW3 in Vancouver besides stealing it from EBgames? ;p
I just purchased the hardened edition for the Steelbook case and would rather purchase the game back later on when it is cheap or get it from Goozex, so I would like to trade it into FS... but I don't think they accept games without cases.

oh nice, hmm the bestbuy near me is so close and futureshop is on the other side of town, I wonder if bestbuy will honor trade in values (pricematch a TIV?) not major but I am done with UC3 and MW3 and this deal would be excellent for me

[quote name='Encrypt']oh nice, hmm the bestbuy near me is so close and futureshop is on the other side of town, I wonder if bestbuy will honor trade in values (pricematch a TIV?) not major but I am done with UC3 and MW3 and this deal would be excellent for me[/QUOTE]
You can always try GameStop. I haven't seen their recent Most Wanted list, but in the past they have claimed that they won't be beat for TIV. Futureshop will just give you $50 credit, whereas the $50 from GS is tax-free.

[quote name='Mr.']You can always try GameStop. I haven't seen their recent Most Wanted list, but in the past they have claimed that they won't be beat for TIV. Futureshop will just give you $50 credit, whereas the $50 from GS is tax-free.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of this until now.

Damn U3 is one of my favorite games ever but I could probably get $50 credit now and pick it up again later for $30. But it'd be 30 plus tax... Jumping through hoops to get an extra $15 ish credit at FS, nope not worth it.

Oh, I forgot I had the steelbook edition.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Damn U3 is one of my favorite games ever but I could probably get $50 credit now and pick it up again later for $30. But it'd be 30 plus tax... Jumping through hoops to get an extra $15 ish credit at FS, nope not worth it.

Oh, I forgot I had the steelbook edition.[/QUOTE]

What hoops? All you do is trade it in, and get the 50$ credit.

The hoops are taking it to the store, getting stuck with credit at FS, coming up with something to use it on, being without the game for some number of months, going back to the store to buy the game again in the future. To get an extra $15 you have to use there... why bother? That's what I meant. Plus any time I've traded in at FS it takes literally 20 minutes or more.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I've never heard of this until now.[/QUOTE]
It does say, "GET THE BEST VALUE FOR YOUR USED GAMES... GUARANTEED" so I'll try it with Modern Warfare 3.
620x785_most_wanted_dec_11.jpg

[quote name='Mr.']It does say, "GET THE BEST VALUE FOR YOUR USED GAMES... GUARANTEED" so I'll try it with Modern Warfare 3.
620x785_most_wanted_dec_11.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I asked the guy at a Gamestop earlier today, they don't price match trade ins.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I asked the guy at a Gamestop earlier today, they don't price match trade ins.[/QUOTE]

That sounds fishy... I remember seeing a poster recently in a local EB Games that outright stated something like "WE WILL BEAT ANY COMPETITOR'S TRADE-IN VALUE."

[quote name='Derfel']That sounds fishy... I remember seeing a poster recently in a local EB Games that outright stated something like "WE WILL BEAT ANY COMPETITOR'S TRADE-IN VALUE."[/QUOTE]

I recall seeing something similar as well. I guess we'll soon see if they're actually willing to put their credit where their mouth is.

[quote name='Derfel']That sounds fishy... I remember seeing a poster recently in a local EB Games that outright stated something like "WE WILL BEAT ANY COMPETITOR'S TRADE-IN VALUE."[/QUOTE]

Um what? I've never seen such a poster in my visits to the EBs near me.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Um what? I've never seen such a poster in my visits to the EBs near me.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that posted. I don't think it means fuck though. It's not as if they need to back up any random claims they make.

[quote name='rkenshin']They don't care if the online pass is used? (In the case of Uncharted 3)[/QUOTE]

Nope. You can trade it in with the online pass used, that's not a problem.

[quote name='Mr.']You can always try GameStop. I haven't seen their recent Most Wanted list, but in the past they have claimed that they won't be beat for TIV. Futureshop will just give you $50 credit, whereas the $50 from GS is tax-free.[/QUOTE]

Tax free credit from GS is very enticing... will save more! I'm going to see if I can get them to match the tiv sometime this week. Goodbye U3, hello BF3 or Skyrim? decisions, decisions!?

[quote name='SCORP1367']Tax free credit from GS is very enticing... will save more! I'm going to see if I can get them to match the tiv sometime this week. Goodbye U3, hello BF3 or Skyrim? decisions, decisions!?[/QUOTE]

They don't match Tivs. Also, I wouldn't bother with Skyrim unless it's for PC/360.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']They don't match Tivs. Also, I wouldn't bother with Skyrim unless it's for PC/360.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Will save me some time. Is Skyrim that bad for the PS3? I didn't enjoy BF3s Beta that much either. Saints row is looking good then.

[quote name='SCORP1367']Thanks for the heads up. Will save me some time. Is Skyrim that bad for the PS3? I didn't enjoy BF3s Beta that much either. Saints row is looking good then.[/QUOTE]
PS3 Skyrim is nearly unplayable. The more hours you pour into the game, the more the framerate dips. It's like a slideshow in many areas. Rumor is that there won't even be a definite fix as the problem lies with the PS3 shared memory pool, not with the game itself. Avoid at all costs if you can.

I want to trade in Uncharted 3 to them, but there's nothing I want to pre-order for 2012. Hm, I could trade in towards Tales of the Abyss. But, that would leave me with 5$.

You don't have to put your money towards a pre-order. Boxing Day is coming up, I'm sure you can blow $50 on some other discounted electronics at FS or BB.ca

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I only spend my credit on games. I don't need anything else tbh.[/QUOTE]

So hold on to the credit till something you like comes out =P.

Went in today... got $51.95 credit for UC3! Its tiv is actually $35 but they add on some additional $15 return credit plus tax heh. WIERD

[quote name='SCORP1367']So hold on to the credit till something you like comes out =P.

Went in today... got $51.95 credit for UC3! Its tiv is actually $35 but they add on some additional $15 return credit plus tax heh. WIERD[/QUOTE]

I also went today. Got 51.80 for UC3. Went and put it towards final fantasy xIII-2 collectors... the card only puts 51 dollar towards it... It's ok because the 1 dollar is extra, but for people that just trade it or buy stuff with a few cents left it sucks how they don't let you use the cents you have on the cards.

[quote name='Faytz']I also went today. Got 51.80 for UC3. Went and put it towards final fantasy xIII-2 collectors... the card only puts 51 dollar towards it... It's ok because the 1 dollar is extra, but for people that just trade it or buy stuff with a few cents left it sucks how they don't let you use the cents you have on the cards.[/QUOTE]

Did you order online? In my experience, even though it doesn't say so at the time of the order, if a purchase amount is higher than the gift card amount they will use the full value of the gift card before reverting to the credit card for the balance. Check the "charged" section once the product ships, it should show as having used the full $51.80 on the GC.

[quote name='Derfel']Did you order online? In my experience, even though it doesn't say so at the time of the order, if a purchase amount is higher than the gift card amount they will use the full value of the gift card before reverting to the credit card for the balance. Check the "charged" section once the product ships, it should show as having used the full $51.80 on the GC.[/QUOTE]

Oh really that's good to know. Ya I ordered online.. the only experience I've had were in store where my friends didn't use all of the amount, and when they want to use it again they can't cause there's only a few cents on there. So that's why they gave me that impression.

Going to trade in Uncharted 3 tomorrow. Don't know whether I want to put the $50 towards King of Fighters XIII or Mario Kart 7... decisions, decisions.

Just to be clear, do you have to choose something in the store towards which to use the $50 credit as as soon as you do the trade-in, or do they give you a gift card?

[quote name='Hyunkel']Just to be clear, do you have to choose something in the store towards which to use the $50 credit as as soon as you do the trade-in, or do they give you a gift card?[/QUOTE]

They give u a gift card for the credit, there's no need to pick another game right away

Just traded the MW3 copy I pre-ordered during the E3 sale. No hassle at all. CSR checked the game, scanned it and gave me my $52 credit with no problem.

I traded in uncharted 3 today, and i think i have lost what little respect i had left for my local FS. They tried to give me $35 for the tiv. When I said it should be $50 they said "oh yeah" and seemed kind of annoyed. Of course they didn't know how to give me the correct trade in value so I had to wait 10 min while they figured it out. I eventually got my $50.75 gift card.

As I was looking around the store I also noticed they had the uncharted and infamous ps3 bundles. One of them had a half ripped off sticker with the ad price of $299 on it, but above them was a handwritten sign saying they were $450, a $50 discount off the "normal" $500 price. There was a similar sign with the xbox 360 bundles.

Why would they have these handwritten signs if the ad said these consoles are $299? Are they trying to rip people off or what is the purpose? Seems shady to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='saad77']Why would they have these handwritten sings if the ad said these consoles are $299? Are they trying to rip people off or what is the purpose? Seems shady to me.[/QUOTE]
You should've ask them and checked how much they scanned for... and then showed them the flyer for their scanning code of practice or whatever.

I was thinking about asking, but at that point I just wanted to get out of there. I'm interested in getting another ps3, but i'll wait to see what boxing day deals are.

[quote name='saad77']
As I was looking around the store I also noticed they had the uncharted and infamous ps3 bundles. One of them had a half ripped off sticker with the ad price of $299 on it, but above them was a handwritten sign saying they were $450, a $50 discount off the "normal" $500 price. There was a similar sign with the xbox 360 bundles.

Why would they have these handwritten sings if the ad said these consoles are $299? Are they trying to rip people off or what is the purpose? Seems shady to me.[/QUOTE]

That's some ghetto store.

bread's done
Back