FS: Dell XPS M1530 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 8600M GT notebook. Moar pics! +2 year warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpwrist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Not expecting to sell this on CAG for my asking price of $1,400, although it would be nice, and i could even go down to [size=+1]$1,300 shipped for any CAG [/size]willing to pony up the money for my gaming laptop.
I'm really posting this thread to get advice on how to sell this thing. Ebay is looking dry, and craigslist is giving me scam offers.

System Specs:
Processor: 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo (T8300) w/ 800Mhz FSB
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2 Dimms)
Screen: 15.4" Full High Resolution 1920x1200 WUXGA LCD Screen
WebCam: 2 Megapixel Built-in Webcam
Graphics: 256MB nVidia GeForce 8600M GT w/ HDMI out
Media: Slot Loading DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)
Wireless Networking: Intel Next-Gen Wirelss-N Mini-Card
Hard Drive: 160GB 5400rpm SATA HDD (excellent for battery life)
Battery: 56WHr 6-cell Premium Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Audio: High Definition Audio 2.0
Fingerprint Reader: Finger Print Reader XPS M1530
Ports: USB 2.0 (3), HDMI, Firewire, VGA, S-Video, 10/100 Ethernet
Memory Card Reader: 8 in 1 Memory Card Reader
Online Storage: 3 GB DataSafe Online Backup for 1Yr
2 Year Warranty, (with XPS models you get first-class service = local tech support)

01010201021001030520080515faad44745101ba21870004fa.jpg

laptop
DSCF0002.jpg
laptop 1
DSCF0007.jpg
laptop 2
DSCF0010.jpg
also feel free to click on my link

FYI, this thing is practically new. I have used it for about a week now.

[quote name='sandrokstar']it's a week old. so 2 years minus 1 week. 103 weeks?[/quote]I have a friend that may be interested.

I'll need the Service Tag # to validate the warranty though.

Thanks.

dont want to be a-O but i get notebook for less then a 1,000

[quote name='starmask2k3']dont want to be a-O but i get notebook for less then a 1,000[/QUOTE]
with similar specs? i'd say you got an awesome deal.
also not trying to be an a-O here, but i don't think you know what you're talking about. After posting in the notebook forums the best price for something like this is $1,500 before tax & shipping w/o warranty.

damn, I've been looking to swap my gaming desktop for a laptop for sometime now and this pretty much fits the bill.

Hmmm....:whistle2:k

If I had gotten my Stimulus check already, I would've been on this.

Good luck!

btw, how come you haven't considered just returning it then?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']damn, I've been looking to swap my gaming desktop for a laptop for sometime now and this pretty much fits the bill.

Hmmm....:whistle2:k

If I had gotten my Stimulus check already, I would've been on this.

Good luck!

btw, how come you haven't considered just returning it then?[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, FYI, if you have an estimated date we could work something out. But i understand, i was hoping to get rid of this thing by July. I haven't returned it because I haven't found anything wrong with it, the return process just doesn't seem practical. Also, I'm not sure i'd get a full return at this point (i ordered it in early April).

where did u buy this at and do u know if dell will put in a blu-ray player so it can play/burn blu-ray movies for me

there was a $500 optional upgrade to put in a Blu-Ray player from the Dell website (where i bought it). It definitely has the capability to do 1080p movies. I've watched a few on it already, and it has HDMI out.

What's the OS in there? You got Media Center on there? Microsoft office? Any disks provided? Would it come with everything that originally came with it including box?

What ways would you take payment?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What's the OS in there? You got Media Center on there? Microsoft office? Any disks provided? Would it come with everything that originally came with it including box?

What ways would you take payment?[/QUOTE]

1. Vista Home Premium
2. Media Center is on there
3. No MS Office, i use Open Office
4. Comes with absolutely everything that it originally came with (ask me about that, there's alot of stuff including a 14-day trial for LoTR: Online), even in the stylish box.
5. On CAG, i'll take almost any form of payment, the more reliable you are, the better the price is too.

thanx for these questions.

would u go 1150 and can u find out about the blu-ray player and how good is this on gaming because i want this for movies/music and pc gaming

[quote name='Capn Stabby']Do you have the receipt?[/quote]

Yes I do, a hard copy and a virtual one (it was printed and e-mailed to me from Dell).

[quote name='sandrokstar']Yes I do, a hard copy and a virtual one (it was printed and e-mailed to me from Dell).

I'll look into Blu Ray player, but that is a pretty low offer. But being as broke as i am, i will consider it.[/QUOTE]
who 's going to ship/pay first hows it going to go and ask if u need to be the person to get the blu-ray player add-on ok and also ask about a blu-ray player that can burn too ok

For anyone interested,
Dell uses Panasonic UJ-225 for slot load Blu Ray players. You have to use this model in order to upgrade. You can buy this part from Dell, or try Ebay, you might get lucky.
That's the official word.
My 2 cents, at this stage in its development Blu Ray is not worth the money, the discs themselves are too expensive.

[quote name='sandrokstar']For starmask and anyone else interested,
Dell uses Panasonic UJ-225 for slot load Blu Ray players. You have to use this model in order to upgrade. You can buy this part from Dell, or try Ebay, you might get lucky.
That's the official word.
My 2 cents, at this stage in its development Blu Ray is not worth the money, the discs themselves are too expensive. If you want to watch Blu Ray movies you can download them (legally or otherwise) for much less money.[/QUOTE]

forget u then sell to some one else i'll buy somwhere else

Starmask, that really wasn't cool. I posted the info you asked for, you don't get to lowball me and insult me. I've reported your posts, if the mods don't warn you then I'll at least tell you straight up, quit acting like a dick.
And for fuck sake, use some proper grammar, your last post wasn't even comprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back