FS/FT: Asus C90S Gaming Notebook -- 2.66ghz, 160GB 7200RPM, 3GB RAM, 512MB 8600GT

Karuto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
(Rebranded) ASUS C90S
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz (can be overclocked to 2.93ghz 1173mhz FSB via ASUS Turbogear)
15.4" WSXGA+ 1680x1050
3GB DDR2 667mhz
512MB Geforce 8600M GT
160GB Hitachi 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Bluetooth/Wireless 4965 ABGN
2.0 MP Webcam
Windows Vista Home Premium
7 Months Left for Warranty

It has some really great features (aside from Bluetooth), like the inclusion of an HDMI Out port for you guys with an HDTV. Playing Crysis on the big screen never looked so good! Also comes with its own version of 3DMark06!

This package includes a binder with all of the disks/manuals/etc, as well as a Velocity Micro t-shirt. If I get a good deal, I'll even buy you a new notebook case to keep things all nice and clean when you're on the move! It's in great working condition. The only reason I'm selling this is that I was looking for something more portable. It plays all the modern games at medium-high settings with its powerful video card. I will accept $1300 obo via Paypal, or a trade for another laptop. Thank you very much!

P.S. Here is my eBay feedback for your viewing pleasure: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=snowwolf23&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

P.P.S. The cover has cosmetic imperfections, but aside from that, it's still in great condition. And rest assured I will clean this baby up from top to bottom before shipping out. Thank you!

Also up for sale is a broken 5Gen iPod Video 30GB. Check out some pictures of that below.

[quote name='anbu_giroro']check me for

3GB DDR2 667mhz[/quote]

LOL, I'm pretty sure he can't yank the memory out of the laptop and sell it separately. That would completely defeat the purpose of selling/trading the laptop.

:roll:

Oops, my bad! Here, I'll post the pictures:

nbr2.jpg

nbr1.jpg

nbr.jpg

And the lazyone22 is correct -- it's either the whole unit or nothing at all. Sorry, but I don't want to go through the hassle of selling individual parts. Thanks, though!

It's a pretty sweet laptop I would say.

I have a similar build (Sager NP2090) that's slightly less powerful, but has similar specs. It hasn't disappointed me so far and is perfect for everything besides hard-core gaming. And at that point (Crysis etc.), you probably just want to go with a dedicated console or a fatty desktop setup.

Good luck! :)

Bump. I made a mistake trying to repair my iPod, so now it's broken, so if somebody wants to buy it, please send me an offer. I think it's just the case that the ribbon wasn't put in correctly. It has cosmetic scratches on the front and back, and a gap on the left side, but comes with a brand new LCD screen. Thanks!

Bump! Here are some images of the iPod Video. Sorry it keeps showing NotebookReview.com, but that's the original location of where I'm selling this. Don't mean to give the unintentional pimpage. ;)

ipod2.jpg

ipod1.jpg

Just want to point out that the angle makes the screen look bad, but if you're looking straight at it (like you normally would), it looks great. I think I might have accidentally left the dust screen on the replacement screen, so someone may want to remove that. ;)

Also a reminder that this is a OR BEST OFFER deal, so if you have something close to the asking price, throw it my way. Thanks.

Bump! There's 4 days left on the eBay auction. If you guys got any questions about the laptop (like its performance with certain games), don't hesitate to toss me a PM. Thanks!

[quote name='Karuto']Bump! There's 4 days left on the eBay auction. If you guys got any questions about the laptop (like its performance with certain games), don't hesitate to toss me a PM. Thanks![/quote]

I am so interested in this laptop. I have World in Conflict and want to play it badly, along with Crysis. How does it play on those? I also have an 8800 gt on my desktop and have an HDTV and a regular flat panel monitor connected to it. I want to know if it is possible to connect the laptop to my desktop to display on 3 monitors? If so I would be highly interested in getting it.

Also, what about a TV tuner? the way I have my place setup, I would love a TV tuner installed in the laptop.

Let me know. Thanks.

Also, why are you looking to get rid of it?

You'll be able to play World in Conflict at medium to high settings on high resolution, no problem. I played that game (as well as Command & Conquer 3) with no problem after optimization. I actually went to SystemRequirementsLab.com, and WiC, C&C3, Supreme Commander, and Company of Heroes all pretty much maxed out (or were close to doing so) in the specs department. RTS games play just fine on here.

Crysis, you won't really expect a hell lot unless you're willing to spend $2200+ on a laptop instead, because the game's engine (CryENGINE2) is so unoptimized that it's hard to get it going on most systems. I wouldn't really recommend that game regardless since it's pretty much Far Cry 1 with better graphics and lesser AI -- it was a big disappointment to a lot of people, and the low sales figures show that, since it turned out to be more of a tech demo going for lots of power rather than fun gameplay. Of course, I'm sure sooner or later they will have a big update to the game to make it optimized for more computers, and then this system will play it just fine. As an example, it default to medium/high settings, so I think it's just the game's fault that it doesn't run that well.

I'd recommend Call of Duty 4 (which it can play on high settings), any Source engine (Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, etc.) game/mod, BioShock, or other games like that. They're a lot better in my opinion.

I'm not really sure what you mean about hooking up the laptop to the desktop. I've never heard of a time where you could combine two systems together outside of building a network or server. The laptop does have an HDMI-Out slot and a VGA port, so if you want to hook it up to the HDTV, it does it with great results. If you mean using the laptop, HDTV, and flat-panel LCD as the three monitors, then you might be able to do it through the feature Remote Desktop, but honestly, I've never done it before. Maybe try this: http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/categories.asp?CategoryID=80&Column=2

The best part of the Asus C90S is that it was made to be custom-built, so you can easily add memory, change video cards, change the processor, and change the hard drive without worrying about voiding the warranty -- Velocity Micro totally supports it. It's just that if you damage it while doing it that you'll have to worry (if you have a really tough time getting screws out, that's all you'd have to face). There has been an announcement that ASUS and nVidia are making an 8800M using MXMII technology (Basically, the only technology that my laptop supports when it comes to video cards). So, you always have the chance of upgrading the laptop to help make it future proof, kind of like a desktop PC.

As far as a TV Tuner is concerned, they're all pretty much the same quality, regardless of connection (pci, usb, etc.). I'd say go with a great USB TV Tuner. There are many great ones to choose from. I don't own one, but my personal choice would be the Hauppauge, but that's because I've heard great things about it. It records both analog and HD digital content, so you don't have to worry about it becoming outdated after next February. There's a lot of hard drive space on this laptop (more than typical), so you could have dozens of hours of shows at any time, and of course, burn onto dual-layer disks if you want to save them for later.

The reason I am looking to get rid of it is because it was simply too much machine for me. I didn't realize until later that I wanted something a lot more portable, with many hours of battery life. This is definitely a great laptop, no doubt, with a big beautiful screen (one of the best features as mentioned by journalists who have reviewed the computer), and was definitely made for gaming. But I didn't find out until later that, hey, I own a PS3 and 360, and I mostly just go online with my computer rather than play computer games, so I'd find much more use out of something small and able to take it on the road when I've driving across the country (which I will be doing more often this summer).

Hope that helps. If you got any other questions, don't hesitate to post.

Well, if you have any questions, let me know! I want to make it comfortable for anyone interested. There's only 2 1/2 days until the eBay auction ends, so I want to make sure I have all the offers on the table. This laptop is worth a lot more new, so you're basically saving hundreds of dollars just pulling it used. Like I mentioned before, this is a OR BEST OFFER deal, so if you have a price under $1400 you want to throw to me, I'd definitely consider it.

I'd like to point out that this has a desktop processor, the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600. That's a lot faster than most mobile processors, such as the Santa Rosa line. Sure, it sacrifices battery life, but you'll be able to carry around a real desktop replacement. With the sheer ability to upgrade that is near impossible to find anywhere else, I think it's a pretty good deal. You also get the 3GB of memory, 160GB hard drive, 8600M GT 512mb video card (most video cards have half the memory), a 1680x1050 screen (usually costs way more typically) which look absolutely fantastic with games and movies, and an HDMI-Out to plug into an HDTV for an even better experience.

Velocity Micro are also very nice people with great customer service, so that shouldn't stop anyone, either.

Just let me know if you need anything to help you feel better.

What kind of battery life are we talking about, and what kind of laptop are you interested in as a trade? I have a 2 month old Asus F9dc 12.1" that I'm looking to swap out for something a little bigger with a little more ooomph.

Some questions:

Who is the warranty through: Asus, Circuit City, or Velocity?
How long have you owned the machine?
If less than a year, did you get the 1 year accidental damage warranty?
How god awful are we talking about battery wise? Do you get 90 minutes?
Can you post some pictures of the case dings?

I want PayPal payment only. You can electronically transfer it, and I will box it and ship it out immediately (depending on weather, of course).

What kind of specs are on the Asus F9DC? I'm starting to detract away from trades and looking more for cash, but I'm always open to offers.

Warranty is through Velocity Micro. I have owned the machine for a little over 5 months (since around the end of August/early September). It doesn't have Accidental Protection, but does have Standard Parts & Labor. The battery is over an hour depending on what you're doing with it. If you tune down some of the settings, it does get up to 90 minutes. There are no case dings, only cosmetic scratches and tiny smears that any glossy-finished laptop would get, but I will clean everything off as much as I can before I send it out. You'd only notice the scratches if it was really bright out. Looking at it while it's facing a wall, you'd have to really look at it at an angle to notice.

thats a badass laptop you got there. Vista isn't bad. I have Dell inspiron 1520 laptop and its kinda like yours , but your specs are better and cheap at 1300

I would jump on this deal and trade you , but your specs outdo mine by a little.

How come your selling it ?

Like I mentioned before, it's really because I found out I didn't need such a powerful laptop. I should have bought a much more portable one instead of a desktop replacement, because I am moving around a lot and would like the laptop to move with me.

There's really nothing wrong with the notebook if you plan on having it on a desk most of the time, because it's such a strong laptop. I just found out I'm messing around on the Internet a lot more than playing video games like I used to. ;)

@ DarthPuma -- Lol, sorry, but that is obviously a lot lower in value than this laptop. I would love to own one, or buy my mother one, but all of the money from this will be going to a new laptop in the early $1000 mark.

Bump for the second to last time. The eBay auction will be ending tomorrow at 11:00pm CST (-6 GMT). If you're still interested, but have questions, please PM me and I'll answer them quickly and thoroughly. Thanks!

No I did not, but getting it to 2.93GHz only requires a hit of the button (on the top right of the keyboard above the QWERTY keys). The processor itself, however, can be overclocked even further, just like with a desktop. A person was able to get theirs over the 2.97GHz mark, and their video card scored over 4,200 as well (same processor and video card as mine). So, it can be a fun project. :)

Bump! Only a little over 20 hours left, guys. This is the last time I'll be updating this thread. Please, if you're interested, either bid on the eBay auction or throw me a PM with your offer. Thanks!

bread's done
Back