FS/FT Bricked PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronX GunZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's in pretty good condition besides a few small dings on the left and right side of the psp. It can be easily fixed with a Pandora's battery. $65.00 shipped. I'm also interested in XBOX 360 titles. I had a mod close the old one and I started a new thread because the old one got cramped.

Here's a video of the brick:

p1010902fu2.jpg

p1010901dr1.jpg

p1010900jy3.jpg

c69h2.jpg

29nwlrc.jpg

25gmp.jpg

[quote name='cheapfitzguy']what does it mean bricked?[/quote]

It means the firmware is fucked and it won't load anymore.

[quote name='404Ender']Any proof that it can be easily fixed with a Pandora battery? If so I might be interested.[/QUOTE]

I posted a video.

[quote name='mac101010']how exactly does a psp get bricked?[/quote]

when you turn off the psp in the middle of a firmware update. When it updates, it formats the psp's flash 0 i think and then writes a new one.

[quote name='BronX GunZ']Please don't cramp my thread. If you're not buying or trading don't post.[/quote]

A lot of people, myself included, have no idea what it means to have a "bricked" PSP. Your video does little to inform on the matter - it looks like the system will turn on then immediately turn off. That does little to explain the problem and even less on how to fix it.

Could you give some more information as to how the PSP can be fixed? How much does a Pandora's battery run and where can I find one? Do you have any guarantee that this can be fixed (i.e. will you take a return if it can't)?

I'm interested, but like others want a few more details.

[quote name='thelonepig']A lot of people, myself included, have no idea what it means to have a "bricked" PSP. Your video does little to inform on the matter - it looks like the system will turn on then immediately turn off. That does little to explain the problem and even less on how to fix it.

Could you give some more information as to how the PSP can be fixed? How much does a Pandora's battery run and where can I find one? Do you have any guarantee that this can be fixed (i.e. will you take a return if it can't)?

I'm interested, but like others want a few more details.[/QUOTE]

if you don't know what a pandora's battery is, then at the least you should have googled it before asking. by the sounds of it, you don't have clue one what it is, and you'd probably brick your own psp in an attempt to unbrick this one.

for the uninformed, it's a freely available hack that allows service-level access to the psp that requires two power sources (a battery and a power cord would do), a memory card, and depending on what version you're using and what you're trying to accomplish, another modded PSP.

speaking of which, CML please.

[quote name='tsunami_bomb3r']if you don't know what a pandora's battery is, then at the least you should have googled it before asking. by the sounds of it, you don't have clue one what it is, and you'd probably brick your own psp in an attempt to unbrick this one.[/quote]

I did. :D Most of what I was mentioning was to point out that a lot of folks don't know what is going on (myself included until I looked it up) and simply asking questions isn't going to hurt. I personally don't have a PSP. Unbricking it doesn't sound that difficult, but I would want a guarantee that the PSP can be fixed before spending money on one.

After looking things over though, I figured I might as well just purchase a new PSP. $65 for a bricked one and $55 for a Pandora's battery brings me up to roughly the regular cost.

Free bump.

[quote name='thelonepig']I did. :D Most of what I was mentioning was to point out that a lot of folks don't know what is going on (myself included until I looked it up) and simply asking questions isn't going to hurt. I personally don't have a PSP. Unbricking it doesn't sound that difficult, but I would want a guarantee that the PSP can be fixed before spending money on one.

After looking things over though, I figured I might as well just purchase a new PSP. $65 for a bricked one and $55 for a Pandora's battery brings me up to roughly the regular cost.

Free bump.[/QUOTE]

That's why It's really for people that have the Pandora's battery. Also the Pandora's battery is more expensive then $55 shipped.

make your own battery...... as someone who knows the homebrew scene and has a 3.90-m33-2 psp Im really thinking of buying this its tempting....

[quote name='BronX GunZ']That's why It's really for people that have the Pandora's battery. Also the Pandora's battery is more expensive then $55 shipped.[/QUOTE]

no, the pandora's battery is free. all you need is another psp fat and a memory stick > 512.

hell, i'm starting to think that if you paid shipping both ways i'd just unbrick the damn thing for you, unless you have an offer for me.

You can hard mod a PSP battery to make a pandora one. They are on sale at Toysrus and Kmart for less than $20. It takes a little technical know-how, but if your thinking of fixing a bricked PSP in the first place, it isn't that hard. Hopefully you find a buyer OP. I would be all over this if I didn't buy a PSP about a month ago.

Bronx, Im interested in your PSP, please pm me with a price.

Im getting aggitated just trying to read posts in this cramped ass thread. >=O

[quote name='Meshuggah27']Bronx, Im interested in your PSP, please pm me with a price.

Im getting aggitated just trying to read posts in this cramped ass thread. >=O[/QUOTE]

Sorry didnt see anything.

[quote name='BronX GunZ']Sented out today. Delivery Confirmation is -edited out-[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if there is any harm in it, but usually you just give that info to me.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm not sure if there is any harm in it, but usually you just give that info to me.[/quote]

At least we'll all know if he's reliable. :D

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm not sure if there is any harm in it, but usually you just give that info to me.[/QUOTE]

Old habits die hard. I do it on other forums I trade on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back