FS: High-end desktop PC/parts + MacBook Pro laptop

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Got some changes coming up in life, and I'm going to be getting rid of both my desktop and MacBook in favor of a single, more powerful laptop. I'd love to sell my desktop machine as a whole, but that would probably be too difficult. So I'll sell the parts. In addition to my two feedback here, I have 100% positive at Heatware and eBay both under the ID saturnotaku.

Motherboard/CPU: Would much prefer to sell this as a bundle. It consists of a Core i7 940, which was only overclocked to 3.5 GHz briefly. It's been running at its stock 2.93 GHz speed for most of its life. The board is the standard eVGA X58 SLI. Everything works great, and the BIOS will be updated to the latest before shipment. I will include an Asus Triton CPU cooler as well. Not the greatest out there, but it does the job. Asking $425 for all.

Graphics: I have an eVGA GTX 480 that I'll sell for $425. I also have a Zotac 9800 GT that I was using as a PhysX card that I'll sell for $60. The 480 includes the box, the 9800 GT does not. I'll throw in a DVI to HDMI cable in this lot. Buy them both for $475.

RAM: 6 GB of OCZ DDR3-1600. $125

Sound card: SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. $75

Hard drives: 50 GB OCZ Vertex 2 - great drive. Includes 2.5 to 3.5 mounting bracket. $150. 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue 640 GB. $40 each or $75 for the pair.

Optical: Lite-On BD-ROM iHOS104 (reader only, the drive doesn't burn discs). $50 Samsung SH-223L Litescribe-capable DVD burner. $20

PSU: Xigmatek 850W w/modular cables. Had powered everything in this system without breaking a sweat. $90

Monitor: Dell E248WFP. No dead pixels, a touch of backlight bleed, not enough to be a big deal. $150

Original boxes are included for everything except the Western Digital hard drives and Samsung DVD burner.

If you want to buy everything here, I'll include the Antec Three Hundred case I've been keeping it in, as well as the OEM copy of Vista Home Premium x64 (I'll also include a DVD with the OS + SP2 integrated) I bought with everything when I first built the machine. Total price will be $1625 with the monitor, $1500 without monitor.

The notebook for sale is a late-2007 MacBook pro with the following specs: 2.4 GHz Core2 Duo; 4 GB (upgraded from 2GB) RAM; 250 GB 7200 RPM hard drive (up from 160 GB 5400 RPM); 256 MB GeForce 8600M GT GPU; Superdrive DVD-RW. The system comes in its original box and will ship with OS X Tiger, Leopard, and Snow Leopard install discs. Snow Leopard will be installed. Also, I will include a copy of Windows XP Home, which you can use for Boot Camp. The bundle will also include a 160 GB Western Digital external 3.5" Firewire hard drive. It works great for Time Machine or for fast external storage.

Asking price is $950.

All prices include shipping. I accept PayPal only from users with confirmed addresses. Reasonably cash/PayPal offers will be considered, but I am not looking for any trades.

Please PM with questions or for more information. Thanks.

are these prices negotiable? I may be spoiled living within driving distance of Frys and MicroCenter, but I can buy this stuff new for the same price if not a little cheaper...

bread's done
Back