Full Auto Strikes Again - Kills my 360

jaybird

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was just reading earlier today about Full Auto crashing & erasing people's saves.

While I haven't had that happen, I have had Full Auto crash my 360. A hard restart always fixed the problem.

Tonight I fire up Full Auto, and 10 minutes into playing the game freezes. So I get up and restart my 360 but get the dreaded "3 rings of red light". Hardware malfunction.

After jumping through the normal troubleshooting hoops (unplugging everything, taking off hard drive, etc.) I still had 3 flashing red lights.

So I called Microsoft and set up a repair. 1-3 business days for them to send me a box to ship it in, 7-10 business days for them to fix it and get it back to me.

Has anyone else been Full Autoed? Has Sega admitted anything about this? If this (and the save erase) are a common problem then Sega needs to step up. I admit there's a small chance my 360 would have crashed without Full Auto - but I highly doubt it.

Hi:

I played full auto and left for dinner and came home. My wife fired up Zuma and low and behold we got two red lights on the upper quandrants. The lights won't go away no matter what I do. The system still works and plays all games.

I called microsoft and they told me I have to send the system back.

I don't know if full auto messed up the system but the timing makes it look like it did. This is not a good time for the system to go down.. GR, Outfit, Burnout... this isn't good..

Kevin

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I have a 360 and i havent had it hooked up for a month. Im afraid to play anything anymore with talks of games damaging systems.[/QUOTE]

I own several 360 games and Full Auto is the only game I've had problems with. I've heard DOA4 has some glitches - but I've never experienced any freezes in over 10 hours of playtime with the game.

I'd stay away from Full Auto, though. They apparently rushed the game out the door and left some humdinger glitches in the code. At best it freezes and your TV has a nice still screenshot of the game until you reset. At worst, it freezes and takes your 360 down with it. Not worth the chance with Burnout just around the corner.

I have only heard what Jaybird said in post 4. This I assume is your problem.

My friend has FNR3 and his fighter will come out with no hair.

[quote name='Graystone']I have only heard what Jaybird said in post 4. This I assume is your problem.

My friend has FNR3 and his fighter will come out with no hair.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! When you select the "buzz" hair he comes out bald. It happens on my friends too. It's odd.

[quote name='Superstar']Yeah! When you select the "buzz" hair he comes out bald. It happens on my friends too. It's odd.[/QUOTE]

happens to me too

I assume microsoft doesn't pick up the tab after the first 3 months (correct me if I'm wrong), so is there a typical repair fee that they charge for the red ring of death

[quote name='cyberlian']I assume microsoft doesn't pick up the tab after the first 3 months (correct me if I'm wrong), so is there a typical repair fee that they charge for the red ring of death[/QUOTE]

I would assume they just charge you the $60 it costs to get on their warranty plan for 2 years.

My copy of DOA4 crashes quite often. It always happens in between matches when the 360 is trying to load the next fighter. So annoying. In 20 years I've never had a single problem with any of the 9 systems I've bought from Nintendo at launch. This is my first Microsoft system and while I love it when it works I am worried that in a year or so I might be forced to buy another one.

Normally I say to hell with buying a warrenty but I think I might change that stance for the 360, seems some new problem pops up every week.

[quote name='coolsteel']Normally I say to hell with buying a warrenty but I think I might change that stance for the 360, seems some new problem pops up every week.[/quote]

It's sad because you shouldn't have to. When you buy a product you should have confidence that it will work properly with normal use. It's unbelievably lame that we have to worry about this crap now.

I haven't had Full Auto crash my system....I ust got my repair back though (crashed for other reasons)

I may trade it in eventually since Burnout is coming soon. I really enjoy Full Auto though, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just finish single player.

Full Auto demo crashed my 360 so I don't think i'll be playing the full game.

It's unbelievable that a game can completely trash a system when you try to play it. It's good that Microsoft isn't charging for the error, though. They could be dicks and charge $10 or something.

wow, i was thinking of rebuying a 360 this summer, but screw that. every game has some glitch or another and the system seems so fragile.

[quote name='coolsteel']Normally I say to hell with buying a warrenty but I think I might change that stance for the 360, seems some new problem pops up every week.[/quote]

It's sad because you shouldn't have to. When you buy a product you should have confidence that it will work properly with normal use. It's unbelievably lame that we have to worry about this crap now.

Eh, well, that's what we get for being early adopters.

I know, in a perfect world it would work without flaws for years and years. But this is how consumer electronics are these days. Its not something anyone is happy about it, but it is the way it is.

Now, if the 360 SUCKED and was crashing like it does, then I'd be really pissed.

[quote name='javeryh']It's sad because you shouldn't have to. When you buy a product you should have confidence that it will work properly with normal use. It's unbelievably lame that we have to worry about this crap now.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how i feel. Its bullcrap because most buissness in todays society , when it comes to selling or when you buy a new product, seems to take this you bought it now F*** off attitude.

No one has any pride in the items they make it seems like, and for the most part, the overall consumer based accepts being treated like meatpuppets. So, why shouldnt the companies continue these practices?

[quote name='cyberlian']I assume microsoft doesn't pick up the tab after the first 3 months (correct me if I'm wrong), so is there a typical repair fee that they charge for the red ring of death[/QUOTE]

I've had mine since launch - so technically I'm past the 3 month period and they're fixing it for free.

I honestly didn't even read their warranty - I assumed it was good for 1 year. Is it really just 90 days? If it is, I can't imagine them cutting me a break.

Glad I read this. I grabbed the demo from marketplace, but haven't played it yet. Must delete and forget this game ever existed.

Damn another deadly game, glad I didn't rent this one. DOA4 gave me no problems at all while I had it rented. The only game that's ever been a problem for me was King Kong. My system froze about 5 times in the entire process of me playing the whole very short game.

So, how many people have had this crash their system? I had the automatic update crash my system.....so, maybe we just had BAD systems. Full Auto works great for me now. I just played a few more levels to unlock crap.

Full Auto works fine for me. If any game "crashes" a system permanently it just means either it was a coincidence or that the game was stressing parts of system components that earlier, less advanced games had not gotten around to fully using yet.

that exact thing happened to me in the OP when i was playing DOA4... i dont think it matters what game it is, just when the 360 thinks it's time is up..

That really, really sucks guys. I'm sorry to hear that. :whistle2:(

When I first heard about games getting patched after release I was terrifed that console gaming was starting to go the route of PC gaming. Now it appears they valuted that step and went straight for the "kill your machine" problems. Not cool. Not cool at all.

I played Full Auto for all the achievements, it crashed a couple times--slowed down a couple times, but no major problems..

I bought my 360 from Costco incase something like this happened. :p

Microsoft is going to quietly release an upgraded 360 that minimizes these issues. Sucks for us early adopters.

[quote name='javeryh']Microsoft is going to quietly release an upgraded 360 that minimizes these issues. Sucks for us early adopters.[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe my refurb is better now...manufacture date is 1/17/06 now.

[quote name='daroga']That really, really sucks guys. I'm sorry to hear that. :whistle2:(

When I first heard about games getting patched after release I was terrifed that console gaming was starting to go the route of PC gaming. Now it appears they valuted that step and went straight for the "kill your machine" problems. Not cool. Not cool at all.[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep posting in the 360 forum despite the fact that its pretty obvious that you have no intention of buying a 360?

We get it, you don't like the 360, so can you quit trolling the 360 board to bitch and moan about it? Seriously, why do you spend so much effort trashing the 360? If your precious Nintendo is soooo much fun, why not spend all this time playing one of their systems?

My 360 just up and died on me a couple of days ago. Its gotta have something to do with the last update around 3/2. I didn't have any problems until then.

Hi:

I posted a few days ago that my xbox got fried (two red lights are on) and I think it is a combo of full auto and the new update. I can still play my games fine but those red lights won't go away. I'm not going to send it back to microsoft until after a few days with GR and burnout.

Kevin

I put a grilled cheese sandwich in my 360 and it killed my Xbox! Damn you M$!

For real though, it sucks, I'm glad I didnt pick that one up. Ouch.

[quote name='$hady']The only game that's ever been a problem for me was King Kong. My system froze about 5 times in the entire process of me playing the whole very short game.[/quote]

Thats not freezing, that "Content" to make the game longer. Just think of it as your character passing out of fear with the last thing he saw imprinted in his mind. Then, he wakes up, and it seems he never did the things he thought he did in this area. It was just a pre-congative dream.

When you think of it like that, your character has super-powers.

[quote name='$hady']The only game that's ever been a problem for me was King Kong. My system froze about 5 times in the entire process of me playing the whole very short game.[/quote]

Thats not freezing, that "Content" to make the game longer. Just think of it as your character passing out of fear with the last thing he saw imprinted in his mind. Then, he wakes up, and it seems he never did the things he thought he did in this area. It was just a pre-congative dream.

When you think of it like that, your character has super-powers.

How far are people into the game that are having all these problems? I'm at a little over 50% complete and I haven't had it freeze up on me yet. I've played for about an hour online as well.

bread's done
Back