Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Complete Collection One Blu-ray $30.49

[quote name='cagfansub']Is this the same thing as the Part 1 to 5 individual package?[/QUOTE]This set is pretty much Parts 1, 2, and half of 3. Collection 2 will contain second half of 3, 4, and 5.

[quote name='Vash1306']This set is pretty much Parts 1, 2, and half of 3. Collection 2 will contain second half of 3, 4, and 5.[/QUOTE]

You are pretty much getting 32 episodes on blu-ray for that price. Under a $1 an episode is a really good price. $30 was my price point for this. I just had to pick it up. Now here is hoping that volume 2, when it comes out, drops to around $30 quickly.

For those that have seen it, do you watch it in English or Japanese? I've been watching it through Netflix who only has the English dub, and I really think it's quite good, but was just wondering if anyone heard both and/or prefers the Japanese. I feel like the English would fit better with the setting too.

I adore the dub of the first series, but found what I heard of the dub of Brotherhood to be really awkward. I had originally watched it in Japanese, though, so that might have something to do with it.

And, damn, I bought this at $36 when it came out, and haven't even opened it yet. Hahahahaha

[quote name='ssjmichael']For those that have seen it, do you watch it in English or Japanese? I've been watching it through Netflix who only has the English dub, and I really think it's quite good, but was just wondering if anyone heard both and/or prefers the Japanese. I feel like the English would fit better with the setting too.[/QUOTE]

I prefer it in Japanese, but the English dub is still very good.

I watched the original series in Japanese cause that's all I had available. When I got my wife into the show we watched it English dub and I absolutely hated it. But as I've watched it many times in English it's grown on me. I have only watched Brotherhood in English and they have many of the same voice actors. I think Al sounds different but it's apparently the same person.

tl;dr I watched Brotherhood in English. It's been fine and that's coming from a guy who watched the original in Japanese.

GREAT price at $30. I paid like $45 for each volume on BR when they first came out. Wish I had waited.

[quote name='ssr']I watched the original series in Japanese cause that's all I had available. When I got my wife into the show we watched it English dub and I absolutely hated it. But as I've watched it many times in English it's grown on me. I have only watched Brotherhood in English and they have many of the same voice actors. I think Al sounds different but it's apparently the same person.
[/QUOTE]

There are different actors for Al. They talk about it in the commentary on Sacred Star of Milos.

I liked the english dub but I never watched the japanese dub. I really enjoyed this whole series and did not mind paying for the individual sets as they came out.

[quote name='ssr']I watched the original series in Japanese cause that's all I had available. When I got my wife into the show we watched it English dub and I absolutely hated it. But as I've watched it many times in English it's grown on me. I have only watched Brotherhood in English and they have many of the same voice actors. I think Al sounds different but it's apparently the same person.[/QUOTE]It's a different voice actor, the original voice actor grew up and doesn't sound like a kid anymore.

[quote name='Vash1306']It's a different voice actor, the original voice actor grew up and doesn't sound like a kid anymore.[/QUOTE]

Actress, in this case. And she's better than the kid from the first series, in my opinion.

[quote name='Hao']I adore the dub of the first series, but found what I heard of the dub of Brotherhood to be really awkward. I had originally watched it in Japanese, though, so that might have something to do with it.

And, damn, I bought this at $36 when it came out, and haven't even opened it yet. Hahahahaha[/QUOTE]

Don't even start, I bought the individual volumes as they came out, though they look nicer this would have been easier on the wallet.

bread's done
Back