Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 1 Blu-Ray $16.99

Skip the bluray and go for the dvd. The subtitles are much easier to read and you don't sacrifice a bit of picture quality, IMO.

[quote name='thelonepig']Skip the bluray and go for the dvd. The subtitles are much easier to read and you don't sacrifice a bit of picture quality, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain this? Seems ass backwards.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']So this is basically "Season 1"?

How many "SEASONS" of Fullmetal Alchemist have before it ended.

It's... ended right?
[/QUOTE]

This should be a 5 volume set when it's done. Yes, it's done, at 64 episodes, ended when the manga did.

Honestly, most shows aren't worth $100+ to me, but this is one of the ones that is (another being GitS:SAC). There were many episodes in the series where it was very very hard to stop watching for the day.

So Brotherhood is the same as FMA except it's more like the Manga than the original show, right? I'm just trying to get this straight because I've watched up to episode 31 of FMA through NetFlix and now there is Brotherhood... so I'm confused. And where do the movies go? Before Brotherhood or after?

The first Fullmetal Alchemist is 51 episodes and one movie to tie everything up at the very end.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood starts from the very beginning, taking the first 30 or so episodes from the first series and condensing them down to 13 episodes. After that, Brotherhood has a completely new story. The events from the first series do not affect this new storyline.

You do not have to see the first series to enjoy the second, though some may argue scenes were handled better in the first series.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Can you explain this? Seems *** backwards.[/QUOTE]

I bought this set back in June or July when Amazon had it as a lightning deal. The subtitles are white with a very faint outline. It's difficult to read in anything but the darker scenes.

I borrowed the second set on dvd from the library and the subtitles were much easier to read.

This series is really freaking good. I mean REALLY good, significantly better then the original (which is one of the only Anime series I own along with Kenshin)
That being said I'm on the fence on if I should wait to get this now or wait for the entire series to be released in one set and save the money... but it is really good.

bread's done
Back