CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Well here is the specs of the laptop.

1.1 ghz pentium 3
512 mb ram
30 gb HD
integrated geforce 2 with 16 mb memory :drool:

I've installed starcraft and it runs fine, but it cant handle WC3 at all. Any other old games that could be fun to play? (single player or multi player)

Diablo and/or Diablo II

Any of the Infinity Engine RPGs (Baldurs Gate series , Icewind Dale series, Planescape: Torment)

Fallout 1 & 2

Heroes of Might & Magic III

Yea I'm borrowing my friends WC2 and C&C now and im about to install it. I'll look somewhere for Unreal Tournament and D1/D2

[quote name='chodax']What is that?[/QUOTE]

Its a space exploration game, a great game for its time. Its been named to one of the best games of all time by Gamespot and IGN(article back in 2005). SC2 and Dune 2 got me hooked on PC gaming back in high school.

Anything well rated released a year or more before the laptop was made. There is an immense amount of good old PC game for which that machine is well beyoond adequate.

[quote name='MrJymm']Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/[/quote]
I had so many sleepless nights playing SC2. I actually played it more on the 3D0(for those of you who remember that) than the PC. Brilliant title, though.

I'd add Dungeon Keeper 1/2 to the list. UT is a definite must also. Quake 3 as well!

The most difficult thing about SC2 these days is that the story elements are so large, that it's sometimes hard to keep track of where you should go next and what you should be doing. There's probably a handful of good FAQs out there if you get stuck, but I'd suggest just keeping some scrap paper handing and taking notes of planet names/locations or hints about things you should do.

If you haven't gotten too far, explore the planets of Sol, and then I'd suggest heading to Alpha Centauri and meeting the Melnorme. That can give you a good start into more in-game information.

It was much nicer back when you could buy it, they included a nifty starmap poster that helped you know what star systems had noteworthy planets available. I had it up on the wall of my room for ages. :^)

[quote name='greydemise']age of empires 2 +expansion[/QUOTE]

Oh god I spent so much time on that game... sad thing is, I sucked balls at it!

Im installing albatross 18 right now, hopefully I can run it fine. I have to borrow AOE2 from my friend and I think my dad has Rollercoaster Tycoon somewhere.

[quote name='chodax']Im installing albatross 18 right now, hopefully I can run it fine. I have to borrow AOE2 from my friend and I think my dad has Rollercoaster Tycoon somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Good choice ; ) can't beat free.

bread's done
Back