Funimation Budget DVD'S 1.99$ at Spec's, FYE, YMMV....

hcamacho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I went today looking for the 50% sale there , asked the clerk, she told me what they had was a shelf with 1.99$ anime dvds.....

got me

Full metal alchemist vol. 10 & 11
Galaxy Railways vol.1
Tenchi Muyo GXP vol.1, 2 & 4

There were some dragon ball there, and ultimate muscle, and a few others...

The girl told me that the dvd's must be marked budget on the barcode sticker on the front, for it to be at the 1.99$ price, the dvds were priced at budget at 7.99$ and she told me that the manager received an email saying that they could slashe the price at what they pleased, she called other store for me , but the other store didn't had them at that price.She said they were putting titles continuosly, so I should check regularly.....it has been like that like for 2 weeks, if anyone find the volumes I don't have PM , ME, thanks.!

Forgot to mention, there were titles exactly like in the same series, like fullmetalalchemist, different volumes, but were marked at not the budget price of 7.99$ asked the clerk, and the manager said, the titles had to be marked first budget at 7.99$ for the 1.99$ price to be in effect, so there are volumes that are not budget the price of 1.99$ is not valid, so in example I found.

full metal alchemist vol. 8 was at regular price
but the volumes I bought were priced at budget price at 7.99$ and so the 1.99$ price was in effect in the volumes I bought, SEEMS , they had an excess of certain series, so they slashed prices accordingly .....

yeah i have seen some stores still have alot of these budget ones left. I did snag basically all I wanted the first time though, but it won't hurt to take another look now.

Also, keep an eye out for the Tenchi and Kiddy Grade releases which have two discs in each case - they're on sale for the same price as the single-volume releases.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Also, keep an eye out for the Tenchi and Kiddy Grade releases which have two discs in each case - they're on sale for the same price as the single-volume releases.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, there was one of those dvds there, is the kiddy grade any good, never heard of that?

[quote name='hcamacho']You are correct, there was one of those dvds there, is the kiddy grade any good, never heard of that?[/QUOTE]
Kiddy Grade is decent - it's not super-spectacular, but it's definitely not bad. Well worth the $7.96 if you can find all four two-packs.

Oh yeah, and it's also getting a second season that's set to air in Japan pretty soon.

Does anyone remember which volumes of FMA were included in the budget releases? I picked up 11, 12, and 13 in the previous sale, and would like to track down any remaining volumes as well.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Does anyone remember which volumes of FMA were included in the budget releases? I picked up 11, 12, and 13 in the previous sale, and would like to track down any remaining volumes as well.[/QUOTE]

I think vol.6 and 10 only

Not a complete list, but close:

Galaxy Railways vol1
Fullmetal Alchemist 6, 10, 11, 12, 13
Case Closed vol 1 and 2
Kodocha vol 1
Lupin - 2 movies I can't remember which, sorry
Kiddy Grade Vol 1, 2, 3, 4
WildC.A.T.S.
Tenchi Muyo Police Diaries
Dragonball GT
Shaman King
Yu Yu Hakusho
Beyblade
Ultimate Muscle

[quote name='Bezerker']Not a complete list, but close:

Galaxy Railways vol1
Fullmetal Alchemist 6, 10, 11, 12, 13
Case Closed vol 1 and 2
Kodocha vol 1
Lupin - 2 movies I can't remember which, sorry
Kiddy Grade Vol 1, 2, 3, 4
WildC.A.T.S.
Tenchi Muyo Police Diaries
Dragonball GT
Shaman King
Yu Yu Hakusho
Beyblade
Ultimate Muscle[/QUOTE]

Lupin 3 movies (The columbus files,Island of assasins and Dead or alive)

and YuYu Hakusho Set 1 (first battles, its a 2dvd set 300min 14 eps.)

got those 4 dvds today!

[quote name='Grico']the one i went to still had them 7.99. I got them scanned even but no dice...[/QUOTE]

As I stated before, it's a YMMV, the price scanned is 7.99$, but the manager did the price cut, to 1.99$, the clerk called another store, and she said that in the other store, there was no sale.....the managers received an email saying that they could slash the price to whatever they pleased so in my case I got lucky that at my store it was a good deal!

Oh, and the dvd's were priced at 7.99$ but they had the red label stating on sale at 1.99$....when the clerk scans the dvds, they appear on the system at 7.99$ and they adjust the price manually.

bread's done
Back