funniest/worst expericances at eb,gamestop,bestbuy,etc..

snoopydoggy2002

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
i saw this on gamefaqs a while ago and found it very entertaining the stories. well i got one but it isnt really game related but dvd related.

Earlier this year kmart had the star-wars phantom menace dvd for $4.99. so i
decided to price match at best buy. we get there and the guys like ok we should be able to do it. he asks his manager about it and she says no call
kmart and find out. (it was 22.99 at best buy) he calls kmart and is on the phone for like 15mins with me and my dad sitting there and he comes back and says that kmart will not honor the ad, so best buy wont. so we left and like 15 minutes later my mom gets it right away for 3.49 or somethin like that (cuz of 10% price gurantee).

I had those assholes at BB deny me a 10 dollar copy of XIII even though I had a copy of CC's ad in my hand....just because CC didn't have a copy of it in stock.

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']i saw this on gamefaqs a while ago and found it very entertaining the stories. well i got one but it isnt really game related but dvd related.

decided to price match at best buy. we get there and the guys like ok we should be able to do it. he asks his manager about it and she says no call
kmart and find out. (it was 22.99 at best buy) he calls kmart and is on the phone for like 15mins with me and my dad sitting there and he comes back and says that kmart will not honor the ad, so best buy wont. so we left and like 15 minutes later my mom gets it right away for 3.49 or somethin like that (cuz of 10% price gurantee).[/quote]

Next time you "find" something on gamefaqs please do us all a favor and leave it there.

[quote name='O.D.D']I had those assholes at BB deny me a 10 dollar copy of XIII even though I had a copy of CC's ad in my hand....just because CC didn't have a copy of it in stock.[/quote]

..the policy is it has to be in stock.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='snoopydoggy2002']i saw this on gamefaqs a while ago and found it very entertaining the stories. well i got one but it isnt really game related but dvd related.

kmart and find out. (it was 22.99 at best buy) he calls kmart and is on the phone for like 15mins with me and my dad sitting there and he comes back and says that kmart will not honor the ad, so best buy wont. so we left and like 15 minutes later my mom gets it right away for 3.49 or somethin like that (cuz of 10% price gurantee).[/quote]

Next time you "find" something on gamefaqs please do us all a favor and leave it there.[/quote]
One of the best things on the Gamefaqs message boards are the bad gamestore experence topics.

[quote name='"Kaijufan"'][quote name='"Zenithian Legend"'][quote name='"snoopydoggy2002"']i saw this on gamefaqs a while ago and found it very entertaining the stories. well i got one but it isnt really game related but dvd related.

Next time you "find" something on gamefaqs please do us all a favor and leave it there.[/quote]
One of the best things on the Gamefaqs message boards are the bad gamestore experence topics.[/quote]

All of those stories are made up and those topics get annoying real quick. I have to agree, keep Gamefaqs stuff there.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='O.D.D']I had those assholes at BB deny me a 10 dollar copy of XIII even though I had a copy of CC's ad in my hand....just because CC didn't have a copy of it in stock.[/quote]

..the policy is it has to be in stock.[/quote]

That policy is stupid. Why the hell would I decide to go to BB instead of CC to get a game that is in CC's ad when they are not even a mile away if CC had the game in stock? They might as well just say that they don't accept competitor's ads. It would save me and them some time.

The local one to me (and I think it's not just this one) won't call another store besides the one physcially nearest to one.

I was trying to get them to PM something from CC a couple of months ago, the CC closest to me didn't have it, but another one did. I asked them if they'd PM it and they said they wouldn't, as it wasn't the nearest store to them. They basically told me that I'd have to go to the BB closest to that store to get the PM, which is on the other side of town (like 15 minutes away).

BB Corporate says that their PM policy is valid if it's in stock at any nearest competitor, with a print ad in hand, within 25 miles of thre location. Which means this store is full of crap in doing the PM policy with limiting it to the local store.

Which is why I'm not really dealing with BB, except for the $19.99 games I can get $14.99 via either the GCC or the XBox Live SW coupon they have in their little catalog at the moment.

Plus, I have a horde of Target rainchecks, so I think I'll abuse them for a while, until they expire.

Best Buy:

I was buying 256 meg of notebook ram at Best Buy... It was on sale for like 25 bucks (two years ago). I went and asked the guy behind the counter for it, and he would not stop pestering me about the absolute need for them to install it for me, for a meager 30 dollars! I told him that I had installed ram countless times, and it was about on par with changing batteries. For 10 minutes he continued on on how I was likely to damage my computer, and I finally left pissed off. Likewise, they gave us a similar hassle a year before that about buying an extended warranty on a different computer.

They lost both sales....

As such, I use Best Buy only for taking advantage of their 5 dollar game cards.

this one is recent and i've already posted it somewhere else on this site but whatever

we went to go pick up NFL 2k5 for 14.99 at BB after XBL coupon. The women says it isn't xbl live software, they sell a starter kit, and they sell software of xbl. so she denies it, we complain, she asks the women in the register next to her, same crap. so we whip out a GGC and get it 14.99 anyways.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Best Buy:

I was buying 256 meg of notebook ram at Best Buy... It was on sale for like 25 bucks (two years ago). I went and asked the guy behind the counter for it, and he would not stop pestering me about the absolute need for them to install it for me, for a meager 30 dollars! I told him that I had installed ram countless times, and it was about on par with changing batteries. For 10 minutes he continued on on how I was likely to damage my computer, and I finally left pissed off. Likewise, they gave us a similar hassle a year before that about buying an extended warranty on a different computer.

They lost both sales....

As such, I use Best Buy only for taking advantage of their 5 dollar game cards.[/quote]

I think it's funny you got intimidated by a friggin Best Buy employee.

When shit like that happens you need to have a firm tone in your voice and go "Look, ALL I WANT IS THE MEMORY. I don't need it installed and I've already said no to you 5 times now. Sell me the memory before I go find your manager."

Trust me, say something like that and the register monkey will fold like a piece of paper.

Call me simple, but I always find it funny when someone over the age of six goes up to XBOX at gamestop thats playing a DVD and starts pressing buttons thinking that the movie is a game

[quote name='O.D.D']I had those assholes at BB deny me a 10 dollar copy of XIII even though I had a copy of CC's ad in my hand....just because CC didn't have a copy of it in stock.[/quote]

I can't believe those jerks! Going by store policy, instead of the policy you made up! shame on them!

[quote name='O.D.D']That policy is stupid. Why the hell would I decide to go to BB instead of CC to get a game that is in CC's ad when they are not even a mile away if CC had the game in stock? They might as well just say that they don't accept competitor's ads. It would save me and them some time.[/quote]

Maybe you like best buy better. Maybe you're already going there anyway. Maybe you've already bought the game at best buy a week or two ago. Maybe you want to use your reward zone card or your best buy credit card.

Just because you can't understand something doesn't mean there's no reason for it.

i once had a guy try to get me to preorder a game at Gamestop for about 15 minutes, despite the fact i kept saying no. I threatend to talk to his manager and he left me alone.

I had something happen to me about a month ago at Blockbuster. I bought one of those DVD doctor kits from there for about 30 dollars, bring it home, and find out that the cleaning solution bottle is bone dry, the cleaning cloth is still wet and dirty, and the knob at the end of the crank was broke off and the missing part is nowhere to be found inside the box.

I went back to Blockbuster a minute later, and the cashier tells me "nice try" and that they aren't going to take my used dvd doctor back, since they would never sell anything in that condition. After arguing with the girl for about 5 minutes that they did sell something in that condition and my purchase is proof, she says she'll call the store manager up to settle this.

The wait begins, because for some reason the guy is at his house, and I'm stuck standing in line for 20 minutes. In the end they refunded my money, but left the whole matter on a note like I was getting away with something, like I was just scamming them or something like that.

So word to the wise, never buy a DVD Doctor from a place that could use it themselves. Also, never buy/rent from Blockbuster because their farking arseholes thru and thru.

Blockbuster has 3 racks of "You Got Served" and not one copy of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" arguably the worst and best movies of all time

[quote name='smalien1']Blockbuster has 3 racks of "You Got Served" and not one copy of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" arguably the worst and best movies of all time[/quote]

In Blockbuster's defense, You Got Served came out, what, a month ago? One Flew is a classic which probably didn't rent to well given the fact that most people own it by now. It is entirely possible that their old copy was damaged and there was no financially sound reason to replace it.

i've noticed multiple stories of opening something, not being what you paid for (damaged, wrong product) and then the store acting like your scamming them.

I was at EB Games the other week, browsing on my lunch break. I noticed they had a used copy of Tetris Worlds Live. Now, my only copy before that was a loose disc that came with Xbox Live - far from collection worthy. It's $15 so I don't hesitate to pick it up. I bring it to the counter and ask, like I always do, to take a look at the disc before I buy it. He hands me the Clone Wars / Tetris combo disc. I pulled a double take and said, "this is the wrong disc." He said "I know, this is the ultimate version. It has two games and it's $5 cheaper."

"I appreciate the gesture but I want the other one. In fact, I already have a copy that came with Xbox Live. I just want the official release."

If I were Joe Casual looking for a game for my cool new Xbox, that'd be cool. But I'm a collector.

Kind of old stories here, but hey, why not? Back in the days of the Genesis, I had rented Taz-mania from my local Blockbuster. I played it for the weekend, and returned it. End of story, nothing bad, right? Well, fast forward a week... My mom gets a call at home from Blockbuster. Apparently, they will be charging us a fee (I honestly don't remember how much, but it was some unreasonable amount, possibly even the cost of the game. It was more that a few bucks, I can tell you that much.) My mom asks why, and they tell her that it's because the manual for Taz-Mania came back heavily damaged. Well, my mom and I head down to the store to dispute this. We get in there and ask to speak to the manager. He comes up front and explains to us that they had just gotten the game back from another renter, and it was damaged. The other renter claimed that it was in that condition when they got it, so it must have been our fault. My mom was pissed, and argued with the manager for a good 10-15 minutes until he said he'd let the fee go this time. So, needless to say, we stopped going to Blockbuster for a while.

Eventually, we started going there again, around the time of the N64 and the PS1. This time, I rented Space Station Silicon Valley. My girlfriend and I returned it in the late evening the day it was due. End of story, right? Well, if you read the first story, you'd know better... A week or two later, here comes the call from Blockbuster. This time, they want to know where their game is. It's very late, and if we don't return it tonight, we'll be charged the full price for the game. So, back down to Blockbuster we go. They start grilling us, asking if we might have returned it to a different Blockbuster. Well, the nearest Blockbuster I knew of at the time was a good 15-20 minutes away, so no, no we didn't return it to the wrong Blockbuster. Again, my mom argues with this manager, along with my girlfriend and I stating over and over that we returned it on time, to the right store... He gives in and agrees not to charge us. A week or so later, we were in there because my mom wanted to rent a movie. I decided to look around the game section out of boredom, vowing not to rent anything. Guess what I found in the N64 section. That's right, the "lost" copy of SSSV. I grabbed it and went to find the manager. I showed it to him, and was like, wtf??!?!? He scanned it, and lo and behold, it was the copy we had rented. He barely appologized, and said it must have gotten put out on the shelf without being checked in...

Thank god for GameFly so I don't have to deal with any Blockbuster crap anymore....

[quote name='fireball343']this one is recent and i've already posted it somewhere else on this site but whatever

we went to go pick up NFL 2k5 for 14.99 at BB after XBL coupon. The women says it isn't xbl live software, they sell a starter kit, and they sell software of xbl. so she denies it, we complain, she asks the women in the register next to her, same crap. so we whip out a GGC and get it 14.99 anyways.[/quote]

Gee, last time I checked, the games ARE software. Unless someone has a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 for the XBox handy.

[quote name='smalien1']Blockbuster has 3 racks of "You Got Served" and not one copy of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" arguably the worst and best movies of all time[/quote]

I dare you to find anybody who knows a little about movies who'd agree with you on either count.

The Saturday when the $4.99 Circuit City videogame news broke out in CAG, I jumped into my car and raced down to Circuit City in Richmond, CA.

I grabbed a bunch of Xbox games and asked this girl to check the prices. She was cool but her co-worker appeared and he told me I had to sign up for the Circuit City credit card to take advantage of the deal.

What he told me was so bizarre, that I just stared at him. I don't know how he pulled that information out of his ass.

Fortunately, I waited till he started talking to another customer, I made a beeline for the cashier and made my purchases.

I've been back to that Circuit City since then and I make it a point to avoid that guy.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='smalien1']Blockbuster has 3 racks of "You Got Served" and not one copy of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" arguably the worst and best movies of all time[/quote]

I dare you to find anybody who knows a little about movies who'd agree with you on either count.[/quote]

"One flew over the Cuckoo's nest" is one of the greatest films of all time. Are you disputing that?

[quote name='Xevious']The Saturday when the $4.99 Circuit City videogame news broke out in CAG, I jumped into my car and raced down to Circuit City in Richmond, CA.

I grabbed a bunch of Xbox games and asked this girl to check the prices. She was cool but her co-worker appeared and he told me I had to sign up for the Circuit City credit card to take advantage of the deal.
[/quote]

That makes no sense. At. All. Should have reported him to the manager for being so stupid.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']

That makes no sense. At. All.[/quote]

Your right. It made no sense at all.

Every now and then, I meet a person who flat-out unloads a tanker truck full of bullshit on my lap and they give it to me in a way that it is meant to be the absolute golden truth.

When this happens, I get shocked and speechless.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I probably would have gotten pissed off and told him he is a shaq-fuing liar and possibly flipped him off.[/quote]

You have to understand...This is when the $4.99 sale just broke out. The employees did not know about it. I was pretty sure that the manager was not wise to it. So I didnt want them to deny me. I decided not to cause a fuss and be tactful. I went ahead and made the purchases when the guys back was turned.

I was at a Game Rush I never visited before, so I go up to a worker and I get ready to trade in my stuff... then I hand over my card, expecting to sign some papers as it's my first trade-in there... only he says to me "this card can only be used at one Game Rush, and you can't use that here." Then I started to get a little worried and explained my situation, he just kept going on and on about how Game Rush cards are only usable at ONE location, which is total B.S., and he just mentions how "It's a gift card, and you can only use it at one place", that's where I just said "forget it, you aren't getting my sale" and left... God, the stupidity of people... and he actually WORKED there, not as a BB employee, either!

[quote name='Nephets']I was at a Game Rush I never visited before, so I go up to a worker and I get ready to trade in my stuff... then I hand over my card, expecting to sign some papers as it's my first trade-in there... only he says to me "this card can only be used at one Game Rush, and you can't use that here." Then I started to get a little worried and explained my situation, he just kept going on and on about how Game Rush cards are only usable at ONE location, which is total B.S., and he just mentions how "It's a gift card, and you can only use it at one place", that's where I just said "forget it, you aren't getting my sale" and left... God, the stupidity of people... and he actually WORKED there, not as a BB employee, either![/quote]

I've heard of that before. I think it might actually be their policy.

[quote name='Nephets']I was at a Game Rush I never visited before, so I go up to a worker and I get ready to trade in my stuff... then I hand over my card, expecting to sign some papers as it's my first trade-in there... only he says to me "this card can only be used at one Game Rush, and you can't use that here." Then I started to get a little worried and explained my situation, he just kept going on and on about how Game Rush cards are only usable at ONE location, which is total B.S., and he just mentions how "It's a gift card, and you can only use it at one place", that's where I just said "forget it, you aren't getting my sale" and left... God, the stupidity of people... and he actually WORKED there, not as a BB employee, either![/quote]

Nope. Ive used my GR card at 3 different locations (well, 1 was a GR, the other was blockbuster...)

[quote name='Xevious']"One flew over the Cuckoo's nest" is one of the greatest films of all time. Are you disputing that?[/quote]

Well, it was a bit "off" from the novel. I couldn't tell you exactly how anymore as it's been so long since I've seen the movie or read the book.

bread's done
Back