Funny CAG google ad

coolcps

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This ad was up on the forums page, I find the one on the right funny.

cag1.jpg

When I first saw eXtremePOS I was thinking wtf that was an ad for.

[quote name='coolcps']This ad was up on the forums page, I find the one on the right funny.

cag1.jpg

When I first saw eXtremePOS I was thinking wtf that was an ad for.[/quote]

:lol: , their marketing department should have been paying more attention.

POS is a pretty standard abbreviation for Point of Sale items, to the point where people in the business don't even think about it. My favorite ever was a full-page ad I once saw (in a print PC magazine) for 'POS Computers'. Yes, that was the actual company name.

I kind of wanted to buy one, mostly because I wanted to know if they labeled/stickered their PCs. I just had this vision of someone asking me what type of computer I had, and I could just point to the big sticker that said "POS"

Just tried to look them up and they don't seem to be around anymore (what a surpise :p) If you do a Google search for "POS computers", though, there's tons of rather funny results. There's the POS guys, complete POS systems, POS retail solutions, POS superstores and, my favorite, free POS software.

This puts the people who supply those simulated dog turds to practical joke shops in a difficult marketing position.

"No, no, it's a piece of shit. We don't do software. Why do people keep calling us asking for software?"

Ha, ha. Different phrases turn out to have the same acronym. Freakin' hilarious.

And these computers are not PCs. They're point of sale computers - as in cash registers.

POS computer would be awesome. if every computer had one defect. for example one would have a loss case cover. that made a metal grinding or banging noise when the computer was running.

bread's done
Back