Futurama (XB) IN STOCK ebgames.com 24.99 used

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Same at my local store. Pick it up for that price! I saw Balders Gate II Ps2 yesterday too..used for 49.99!![/quote]
if you're talking about gamecrazy, the prices don't vary between stores. The game is 19.99 used, 17.99 w/ MVP on PS2. It's 14.99 used on the XBox.

And you "futurama isnt teh rare 0mg" guys, yeah, it is. This is the first time i've run across it since the first week it came out. It's the one XBox game I could never find.

Keep clicking this link, guys, this is the second time in two days that it's come up as being in stock..

[quote name='Scorch']
And you "futurama isnt teh rare 0mg" guys, yeah, it is. This is the first time i've run across it since the first week it came out. It's the one XBox game I could never find.

..[/QUOTE]

I like you Scorch, but you are wrong on that. I was able to order them from EBgames.com (before the merger) for several months in 2005. They were $19.99 and I'd throw in a cheap used game for free shipping. I can pull receipts to prove it if needed ;). I sold a few on ebay but it really wasn't worth it at the time (after seeing how expensive the PS2 version was I thought I'd try the Xbox one and was surprised it was so readily available on EBgames.com). They sold for $25-$30 sealed at the time to people who didn't know to look at ebgames.com ;). Several months later they were still available but finally went OOS.

I agree that NOW it is pretty rare on Xbox as well as PS2.

Edit - Looked through old emails, I ordered some in May 2005, and then again in September. I'm pretty sure they were available all during the time in between as well. Here is my last order:

SKU Qty Unit Price Total Platform Name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
231047 1 $3.99 $3.99 PS2 Auto Modellista - Pre-Played
234972 1 $19.99 $19.99 XBX Futurama
244944 1 $9.99 $9.99 GC DK Bongos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $33.97

Total Discount: -$0.60
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
-------------
Total: $33.37

Ah, the old days with free shipping and the ability to use the Edge card online :lol:.

My friend bought this game a few months ago for about $20. I really don't feel the game is just awful. Frustrating due to a poor jumping mechanic in a game that involves numerous jumping puzzles? Yes. Otherwise mediocre gameplay? Yes. But I thought the storyline was great. It really is just like an episode of the series.

Wanna know the funny part? GameStop thinks that just because it's on PS2, it HAS to be more expensive despite nearly every multi-console release involving the PS2, Xbox and GameCube results in having a shitty PS2 port.

The game's $34.99 USED for the PS2.

Better off saving your $24.99 and using it on at least a used DVD set of Futurama.

Once got this from the $5 summer CC sale two years ago. Played it twice, realized it was mediocre, sold it for $40, good times.

Also, have to admit I'm part of the "not-so-rare-in-these-parts" crowd. I don't think a week goes by where I don't see this in a GC or EBGS. Part of the reason might be because it's a really weak game. Rare, but crappy, is still crappy.

I also got it at the $5 Circuit City clearance years ago.. I liked it at the time but I tried playing it again recently and it controlled a lot worse than I remember.. Never did get around to beating it, and I still plan to despite the bad controls..

I didn't think this was such a bad game, really... but it really requires you to be a fan of both old-shcool platformers and Futurama. It was definitely a lot better than that vile Family Guy game, at any rate.

There are 3 EB/GS stores showing 1-3 in stock using the online in store locator; closest store is 11 miles away, furthest 41. Might go check and see what the in store price is, perhaps it will be on the "crap" aisle for a cheaper price. Can't see paying $25 when I have a sealed one lying around - especially when the vast majority of players have found the gameplay less than enjoyable.

Found a copy at a GC near me(with manual and everything although the game is a bit scratched). The camera angles are crappy but tolerable considering the camera angle adjust after you go to 1st person view. I really like this game especially the storyline and the jokes(that "game over" joke in the beginning floored me). Awesome game for the Futurama fan and I didn't mind paying the $24 for it.

[quote name='bong8888888']Found a copy at a GC near me(with manual and everything although the game is a bit scratched). The camera angles are crappy but tolerable considering the camera angle adjust after you go to 1st person view. I really like this game especially the storyline and the jokes(that "game over" joke in the beginning floored me). Awesome game for the Futurama fan and I didn't mind paying the $24 for it.[/QUOTE]

$24 at GC? i got my used ps2 version for $7.99

but i know everyone is trashing the game but this games is made for the fans...yea even though the conrtols are bad, i rly enjoyed it

[quote name='refusedchaos']$24 at GC? i got my used ps2 version for $7.99

but i know everyone is trashing the game but this games is made for the fans...yea even though the conrtols are bad, i rly enjoyed it[/QUOTE]

Sorry I mean Game stop. I just got it yesterday and am currently playing it(its cool that its playable on the 360). I remember seeing this game on clearance a while back (like $10 or so), but the reviews were so crappy I didn't pick it up then. Thats what I get for listening to so called game experts.

if you're talking about gamecrazy, the prices don't vary between stores. The game is 19.99 used, 17.99 w/ MVP on PS2. It's 14.99 used on the XBox.

Nope, I meant Gamestop. Shouldve said that. I did find it buried in the glass case at a WALMART for XBOX for 24.99. Ive never seen this game anywhere in my area so I bit.

Forgot to post that I received this game Saturday, and.. get this.. no scratches on the disc, came complete with case and manual. Fantastic!

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']A local video store has this for PS2 by me, but they refuse to sell it :([/quote]

So what's the total charges if you rent it and, um, "lose" it?

I've been so tempted to do this when I consider that I might find some rare game at a video rental store....

[quote name='Scorch']Forgot to post that I received this game Saturday, and.. get this.. no scratches on the disc, came complete with case and manual. Fantastic![/quote]

balllllllllllllin

The site is having issues right now, but this is in stock. You might get a scratched up used copy, but you can always return it in store.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=950339

AFF25 for 25% off!

Also, the PS2 version says backordered, but when you go to its page, it says in stock, but when you put it in your cart, it says backordered. Not sure what the hell that means, but it may be in stock too? :lol:

Got it. Thanks Awesome Possum.
Anyone in doubt, it is possible to get a decent deal. Scorch got a complete copy of Futurama, and I got a complete copy of the rare 4 game compilation with Monopoly and all of that for DS for 26.xx shipped. So they DO ship complete games sometimes.

[quote name='jkaslow']what so special about futurama on xbox?

sorry for being unaware[/QUOTE]
Development on the game started before the series' cancellation, but the game wasn't released until after the last episode had already been shown. Thus, the game has been known as a "lost episode" of sorts since it includes around half an hour of completely new material.

Many of the crew from the Futurama series worked on the game. Matt Groening served as Executive game developer and David X. Cohen directed the voice actors. These voice actors were the original actors from the series: Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche, and David Herman. Also adding to the authenticity of the game was the original music composition provided by Christopher Tyng who also composed the music in the series and Futurama scriptwriter and producer J. Stewart Burns who scripted an original storyline for the plot.

A major part of the appeal of Futurama lies in the humor of the game. The cut scenes are full of jokes, and the characters and enemies make various quips during gameplay (e.g. Fry has an accident at the start of the game and wakes believing he almost died, and is then told that he did die and that he is just a clone). The loading screens are all advertisements for various things in the year 3000 (Such as an Army enlistment poster featuring Zapp Branigan with the caption "Join the army. What are you, chicken? Buk,Buk,Buk")

I'm not sure if there's anything else special about it, but that seems to me it would be enough for die-hard Futurama fans.

yeah, i'm a die hard of sorts, own all the dvds but i had no clue about the game being rare and going for 50 bucks on ebay

i'm a big futurama fan and like that it's rare :)

I hear the game plays like crap, but it'll be nice just for the fan service.

[quote name='elwood731']Does this work on 360?[/QUOTE]

yep. hey, you're the guy who flooded my xbox account with Halo 2 messages. ;)

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Wasnt there slready a thread for this???[/QUOTE]

yep. but it sold out. and next time it comes back there'll be a new thread ;)

[quote name='refusedchaos']goodluck guys! last time i ordered one i got a complete mint copy!!![/QUOTE]

last time I ordered from GS, I got a game with label scratches and swore them off forever.

but I'll take my chances on rare games like this. this game is nowhere and if I wanna play it, now's the time (before the movies come out and get people back into the show)

Showed out of stock, but I clicked it anyway and they let me put it in my cart. Got the order confirmation. Waiting now I guess to see if it ever comes...

[quote name='Apossum']yep. hey, you're the guy who flooded my xbox account with Halo 2 messages. ;)[/QUOTE]
What? I have no idea what you're talking about.

[quote name='elwood731']What? I have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

whoops...nevermind, it was Elsnow, not you.

Sorry guys...I had no idea that this game was rare...I think I'm going to hang onto it until the new season comes out...if the price sky rockets, I'll see...but like I said, if I do choose to sell if before the new season, the box, manual, and game are in MINT condition. Thanks!

For anyone in South Florida, Specifically Miami Dade County, the Game Stop at the South Land Mall has one in store with the case and manual, and a Playstation 2 version is also there, it was also complete.

my last order was a complete copy. Pretty scratched, insert and instructions were ruffled, but complete nonetheless. too bad I probably won't play it for a million years.

bread's done
Back