Future Dashboard Updates

iamnick

CAGiversary!
The friend cap thus far is 100. Somewhere in the future they're supposedly going to increase the cap to 1000.

I only have ~33 friends and at some times I'm flooded with sign-in notifications that I just don't care about. Especially when they hide areas of the screen where meat boy is in danger! If I turn off notifications in the settings, it turns everything off, achievement notifications included (which I actually enjoy seeing).

How long will it take Microsoft to actually add a "Disable sign-in notifications" option to their settings?

I don't think I can even recall the names of 1000 ppl i've met IRL...let alone 100 ppl I know that own an 360 console.

Could you imagine:
-the lag from 1000 friends loading on the dash
-the tracking of their online presence by your Xbox
-trying to play a game with a pop-up every minute or so
it would eat up so many resources. RRoD prone for sure.

Off topic: Redworm when did mygamercard start doing poses?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Off topic: Redworm when did mygamercard start doing poses?[/QUOTE]

It actually looks like a photoshop job on the gamercard...but then again, I don't use mygamercard so idk.

they didn't add it because the original Xbox had limitations which prevented them from doing so. Now that they are offline they can move forward.

[quote name='100xp']It actually looks like a photoshop job on the gamercard...but then again, I don't use mygamercard so idk.[/QUOTE]

Nah, if you go to MGC and type in his name it comes up looking like that.

Also, the 1000 friends thing was already denied by Major Nelson.

Yeah, I've been wanting a way to turn of sign in notifications for ages as well. One thing you can do--that another CAG told me a while back--is set your status to busy. That will stop the sign in notifications, but allow the achievement unlocked pop ups to display.

After nearly 6 years of Live, adding real life friends, people I met on Live and play with, plus friends/league mates from CAG and another forum, I need more than 100 spaces.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I've been wanting a way to turn of sign in notifications for ages as well. One thing you can do--that another CAG told me a while back--is set your status to busy. That will stop the sign in notifications, but allow the achievement unlocked pop ups to display.[/QUOTE]

You're a real life saver if this actually works! I've noticed an influx of constant sign in's since fallout was released.. lulz

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I've been wanting a way to turn of sign in notifications for ages as well. One thing you can do--that another CAG told me a while back--is set your status to busy. That will stop the sign in notifications, but allow the achievement unlocked pop ups to display.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I had no idea. That's great. Of course the optimal solution would be two options:
-Achievements: on/off
-Friends: on/off

One thing I've been wanting is a global timer that tracks how much time you spend playing every game. I love games that track it (Borderlands) but hate that not every game does. I think making that a global feature that could track everything from indie games to xbla and retail titles would be great.

bread's done
Back