Future Shop Black Friday Sale

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
From GAF:
[quote name='lordoftherink']Future Shop (starts Friday)
XBOX 360/PS3 Need For Speed: Shift- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 NHL 10- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Dragon Age: Origins- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Fight Night Round 4- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Brutal Legend- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Wolfenstein- $29.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Assassin's Creed- $14.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Prince of Persia- $14.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Wheelman- $9.99
XBOX 360/PS3 The Bourne Conspiracy- $9.99

XBOX 360 Left For Dead 2- $39.99
XBOX 360 Section 8- $39.99
XBOX 360 Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts- $19.99
XBOX 360 Ninja Blade- $19.99
XBOX 360 Mass Effect- $9.99
XBOX 360 Wireless Network Adapter- $59.99 (likely trying to clear out due to the new N adapters)
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller+Grand Theft Auto IV- $59.99
XBOX 360 Elite with Pure/Lego Batman/Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda/Fable 2- $299.99

Wii EA Sports Active- $39.99
Wii EA Sports Active More Workouts- $29.99
Wii Need For Speed Nitro- $39.99

PC Left For Dead 2- $44.99
PC Dragon Age: Origins- $44.99[/QUOTE]

I received the Future Shop flyer last night (I live in Quebec).

All the prices are right!!!

All the games I want are already ordered with ISPU! Yeah!

Hmm, well i already ordered DA:O through a contact i have in the states. So maybe Ill just pickup another game...maybe Prince of Persia or Assassins Creed.

Has anyone got a scan of the complete flyer?

If ISPU works for this seems like the smart thing to do would be just order everything tonight and then pick it up in the morning, but I'd wanna see what else there is to be had first.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Has anyone got a scan of the complete flyer?

If ISPU works for this seems like the smart thing to do would be just order everything tonight and then pick it up in the morning, but I'd wanna see what else there is to be had first.[/QUOTE]

Id love to see a scan too

[quote name='Griptor']Any idea if there will be TV's on sale too? I'm looking to get an HDTV.[/QUOTE]

me too ^^

I won't scan it, but I have it in my hand now consider it confirmed. Everything above is in the flyer.

Griptor choose a make(s), model and size I can tell you the prices from the flyers. To see them go to a well set up small store to look at the TV's. There's lots of these stores in Ottawa. Ask to see SD content from satellite/cable also. Thats what convinced me to buy a Panasonic Plasma. I hated how blocky SD content looked on LCDs. Spend some geek filled time at the AVS forums.

Also the EA games are $39.99 at Best Buy also ;)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Griptor choose a make(s), model and size I can tell you the prices from the flyers. To see them go to a well set up small store to look at the TV's. There's lots of these stores in Ottawa. Ask to see SD content from satellite/cable also. Thats what convinced me to buy a Panasonic Plasma. I hated how blocky SD content looked on LCDs. Spend some geek filled time at the AVS forums.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks! I'm looking for a 40'' or 46'' 1080p by Samsung. The cheapest I've seen for a 40'' is 800, and for a 46'', $1000.

Doesn't need to be 120hz, 60 is fine.

LCD or plasma?

LN40B500 $749.99 Best Buy/$1000 bundle 360 arcade unit and MW2 at FutureShop Alone $799.99.
LBN46540 $999.99 Best Buy
LBN46B530 $999.99 Future Shop
LN40B610 $999.99 Future Shop
LN46B610 $1399.99 Future Shop
LN40B750 $1499.99 Future Shop
LN46B750 $1799.99 Future Shop

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my ISPU's from last night went through, thanks firestorm!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Ask to see SD content from satellite/cable also. Thats what convinced me to buy a Panasonic Plasma.[/QUOTE]

I concur, plasmas are really great for SD signal. They do HD well also :cool:
The only drawback is a) they usually cost more b) I think Panasonic is your only choice nowadays, but if you find the right set, go for it!

[quote name='Jouvert']Uh-oh! I think you just gave the hoarders some ideas.[/QUOTE]
Mass Effect still can't be 8+ at eb. The game is 25 bucks used there and recently, they completely randomised what the trade in to used price ratio, and a lot of their usually 25 used price games are well under 8 tiv.

[quote name='poiuiu']Mass Effect still can't be 8+ at eb. The game is 25 bucks used there and recently, they completely randomised what the trade in to used price ratio, and a lot of their usually 25 used price games are well under 8 tiv.[/QUOTE]
As of Sunday the 22nd it's TIV is listed as $8.75 on TIVS.ca, but I'm sure it will drop quickly on Saturday

[quote name='Princess Zelda']LCD or plasma?

LN40B500 $749.99 Best Buy/$1000 bundle 360 arcade unit and MW2 at FutureShop Alone $799.99.
LBN46540 $999.99 Best Buy
LBN46B530 $999.99 Future Shop
LN40B610 $999.99 Future Shop
LN46B610 $1399.99 Future Shop
LN40B750 $1499.99 Future Shop
LN46B750 $1799.99 Future Shop[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply and prices. Sorry, I'm at work and something came up.

LCD is good enough; I'm trying to keep it under $1000. It's gonna suck to have the Wii look like crap on it, but that's alright. I don't play the Wii for its visuals anyway, hehe.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Maybe it's a giant EA sale (Brutal Legend, L4D2, Dragon Age, NFS, NHL).

Wheelman PS3/360 + Mass Effect = Trade-3 for $30, even less with PM at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

It's not Trade-3 get 1 free anymore? Guess I'll just buy one of each to get Lego Rock Band at 9.99.

[quote name='poiuiu']Mass Effect still can't be 8+ at eb. The game is 25 bucks used there and recently, they completely randomised what the trade in to used price ratio, and a lot of their usually 25 used price games are well under 8 tiv.[/QUOTE]

i wonder, what you think the proposed ratio is then? Because I remember that their $25 were pretty good T3 fodder for the better part of this year. (Then again I havent really gone back to eb since uncharted 2/ tekken 6). I still hope the $8+ tiv on Far Cry 2 stays solid.

Also, what are the T3s right now?

[quote name='Itachi']It's not Trade-3 get 1 free anymore? Guess I'll just buy one of each to get Lego Rock Band at 9.99.[/QUOTE]

No I think what he meant is that he could get 3 titles to trade in for 30$.

You could also just spent $20 at Old Navy and get LRB for free.

Somebody with the flyer, are there any deals on blank CDs? I'm dangerously low

[quote name='djsaiyan']You could also just spent $20 at Old Navy and get LRB for free.

Somebody with the flyer, are there any deals on blank CDs? I'm dangerously low[/QUOTE]

I wish I could do that but by the time I get to Eaton Centre in downtown Mtl, they're probably going to be out :cry:

I thought Quebec was excluded from this sale?

[quote name='Itachi']I wish I could do that but by the time I get to Eaton Centre in downtown Mtl, they're probably going to be out :cry:[/QUOTE]

Prices are up to date on the website now if you want to do an online order. Add them to your cart to see them take effect. I did an instore pickup for Left 4 Dead 2 and Dragon Age. Couldn't pass up on those prices.

[quote name='chrisryans']Prices are up to date on the website now if you want to do an online order. Add them to your cart to see them take effect. I did an instore pickup for Left 4 Dead 2 and Dragon Age. Couldn't pass up on those prices.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I just did it for L4D2 and Wheelman. For $10 it's worth the gamble.

[quote name='ProfNut']No Quebec is not excluded - I just bought l4d2 and Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]

Quebec is excluded from the "free" Lego Rockband at Old Navy after $20 purchase.

Couldn't get DA for PS3 because it has the yellow symbol for store stock for ISPU. I'm going in the morning to grab other stuff anyways so hopefully they will have it in stock.

Went to get DA for PS3 and it was still showing as 69.99 in their computer. After checking the weekly flyer she gave it to me for 39.99 since it says 360/PS3 but said she's posting a correction at the store and that they will only honour the 360 version from here on.

360 was showing as the right price.

Anyone else have trouble with this too?

It looks like the sale is only on the 360 version for some reason - check online, PS3 is still 69.99. Strange, because all the other games on sale (Brutal Legend, NFS Shift) are both 360/PS3

The french Dragon Age PS3 SKU is the only one showing up at $39.99 at Best Buy also. Something is messed up because the store I went to doesn't even sell the french SKU.

This is insane! I dropped in EB Games on my way home and there were two guys waiting in line to trade in copies of Mass Effect and Wheelman (PS3 & 360). The EB employee actually commented that he had done multiple trades of the same set of games within the last 2 hours and that they would be the last people he would allow to do a T3GIF with those games. I expect EB HQ will adjust the TIVs of those games pretty soon.

Here they asked me if I had just called about wheelman, said they've been getting a number of calls asking for its tiv and didnt know why

[quote name='zoro69']Here they asked me if I had just called about wheelman, said they've been getting a number of calls asking for its tiv and didnt know why[/QUOTE]

lol, I wonder why

i hope at least that the tiv doesnt drop retroactively in response to the large influx of wheelman

[quote name='game_fanatic']it's not a problem to trade in two copies of Wheelman, one for PS3 and one for 360, is it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, EB allows it since they consider them 2 different games. The only problem would be if you get an anal EB employee who would be looking for any excuse to deny you a trade.

[quote name='telepathy']lol, I wonder why

i hope at least that the tiv doesnt drop retroactively in response to the large influx of wheelman[/QUOTE]
Wheelman and Mass Effect will drop in value come this midnight. Count on it.

OldNavy get LRB with 20$ purchase? Wow i didnt know that.
Also MASSEFECt is sold out in the 2 FS i would've got them from, so i guess its just banjo for me

[quote name='poiuiu']Wheelman and Mass Effect will drop in value come this midnight. Count on it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think EB did TIV adjustments on the weekends?

[quote name='game_fanatic']I didn't think EB did TIV adjustments on the weekends?[/QUOTE]
This used to be true. The last EB Game Days Sale proved otherwise as there was a TIV change for a certain game on a Saturday (I forgot which game it was though).

[quote name='game_fanatic']I didn't think EB did TIV adjustments on the weekends?[/QUOTE]
The changes happen automatically, especially when there's wave of same name titles being traded in (see Lost Odyssey from earlier this year). This is especially the case when it seems like they're cracking down on hoarders and flippers.

think of it this way.

EB Corp operates on weekdays only. However they send out memos/updates for the next day.

Therefore "weekends" for updates are actually on Monday and Sunday. Since noones in Sat and Sunday.

Therefore the values could change.

[quote name='Benderfish']Went to get DA for PS3 and it was still showing as 69.99 in their computer. After checking the weekly flyer she gave it to me for 39.99 since it says 360/PS3 but said she's posting a correction at the store and that they will only honour the 360 version from here on.

360 was showing as the right price.

Anyone else have trouble with this too?[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem as well, however they said they were going to honour the PS3 version at $39.99, and not correct it.

Future Shop in Vaughan on Highway 7 in Vaughan if anybody wants to try. However, I think I got the last copy, as there were literally NONE on the shelves.

alright, nevermind. they told me the games were eligible and that i could bring them in to qualify them for the T2 + 20 deal.

as soon as i get there with the games, they said that head office told them that those games weren't valid anymore. however, they still took the games and discounted borderlands for me X_X 50$

No problems getting the english version of DA for PS3 at the Deerfoot Meadows Futureshop. Game was marked at $39.99 and everything.

Dragon Age Origins is also $39.99 at Best Buy, so if you find a Futureshop that says the English version is $69.99, just PM Best Buy for an additional $3 off.

$41.80 after tax. :)

bread's done
Back