Future Shop: Buy 2, Get 1 FREEEEE!

So wait, you can PM the games? Sweet, I'm probably going to do that then. I really wanted 2 play Need for Speed Shift (even though I brought it back for GG).

BTW, does anyone know where I can find Pokemon Platinum for $35 or less so I can PM that?

[quote name='JnJosh']Pm'd walmart got lfd dragon age and NHL for 70 all in.[/QUOTE]

$70 all in? Does that mean you got all 3 games for $70?

If so, thats pretty sweet! What are the prices?

[quote name='JnJosh']Pm'd walmart got lfd dragon age and NHL for 70 all in.[/QUOTE]

$40 each at Wal-Mart.
3 games = $120
B2G1F = $80
10% of difference (does Wal-Mart do this?) = $4
Total = $76

$70 all in works out to about $62 before taxes, so not sure how you managed to pull that one off.

I think he PM'd the prices at WM with the sale at FS...

NHL2010=$36.99 after PM
Dragon Age=$36.99 after PM
L4D2 $39.99

$39.99 + $36.99 x 1.13 = $86.98

Still doesn't make sense lol

I PM'd $5 off of my ps3 games from TrU
I got R&C 2, Buzz quiz world, LfD2 pc
there was an error when PM'ing (I only got one out of the 2) and when they were gonna fix it, they said they shouldn't have PM'd at all, saying I cant mix 2 "deals"
I never knew PM'ing was a deal

The free game comes up automatically, he pricematched both games from wm. He had to override as the 2nd was coming up free as well. So we decided that both games would be the same price as one full price. I basically paid for dragon age at original price. 69.99 plus taxes is 67 something I believe. So just a bit under 70 then. :)

dragon age 360 only are marked at 39.99 at both fs/bb. But it scanned at $70. I bought 2X left 4 deal and dragon age...by the time it was fixed it was 69.99+tax for the 3. It was tagged so scop shouldnt apply, and I dont think she meant to take $10 off for that as nothing was said. Just couldnt do the math 69-39. WHen she fixed it the receipt showed $70 for DA and both left 4 dead free lol.

Same price as the DA i preordered at EB :( (was trade 3 but still...)

[quote name='JnJosh']The free game comes up automatically, he pricematched both games from wm. He had to override as the 2nd was coming up free as well. So we decided that both games would be the same price as one full price. I basically paid for dragon age at original price. 69.99 plus taxes is 67 something I believe. So just a bit under 70 then. :)[/QUOTE]

Since when did Ontario get the negative tax put in? That's incredible!

If Future Shop has a deal like a freebie, they'll sometimes deny pricematching, so it comes as no surprise to me they're not allowing people to combine PMs with this promo.

Damn it man this sale doesnt do me any good atm...I want Darksiders but it releases January.

Would it be possible for me to purchase Assassin's Creed 2, Dragon Age and 1 other title; hold on to the 1 other title and return it in Jan in exchange for Darksiders ?

Ask for a gift receipt, and yes it would probably work.

On another note I'm glad I've pretty much joined the ranks of "casual gamers" as if this were me last year I would now be broke with this sale.

There was too much sale going on this year. Games were jumping around in price way more than they should've been (brand new game not even a month old for $30-40?). I can understand the used prices being like that but new prices were too good this year IMO.

[quote name='tymcg']Ask for a gift receipt, and yes it would probably work.

On another note I'm glad I've pretty much joined the ranks of "casual gamers" as if this were me last year I would now be broke with this sale.[/QUOTE]

Really ? Sorry, I'm kind of new at this. Can you explain how I do it ?

So I buy:

AC2
Dragon Age Origins
and get a gift card instead of the 3rd game and use it on Darksiders ?

Would it be possible to get 2 gift cards instead of DA:O ?

[quote name='game_fanatic']You buy your three games and ask for a gift receipt. Then you exchange the game you do not want, unopened, for a game you do want.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I can do that right on the spot right ?

Yep, I did that today just in case my girlfriend gets Scribblenauts from another family member. You'd only be able to exchange it before January 3rd I believe.

Crap Darksiders comes out Jan.5th, but then I intend on doing this B2G1 probably Sunday or Monday. Does that give me more time ?

From FS forums:

We'll gladly give you a refund or exchange on your Gift purchases until January 3rd, 2010 or for 30 days from the date of purchase - whichever is longer. A store credit will be issued for all Gift Receipt returns.

I think I'll go Tuesday and do as you said. Okay, so the plan is:

1. Buy AC2, price match DA:O from Walmart and get a random 3rd title that is priced 59.99. right ?
2. Pay $112.
3. Ask for a gift receipt.
4. Give back random 3rd game and they'll put it on a gift card ?
5. Return on Jan.5th and pickup Darksiders ?

I'm not sure if they would give you a gift card for the value, unless the game you're exchanging is one you paid $59.99 for. For instance, if you buy AC2, Dragon Age and Uncharted 2 (for example) you'd pay: $59.99 (AC2) + $59.99 (Uncharted 2) + $0.00 (Dragon Age).

You'd have to exchange either AC2 or U2 since you paid for those games. They won't give you a gift card for Dragon Age since it was "free"

At least, that's what I would gather.

Wouldnt Dragon Age be the free game since I'm PMing it and getting it for $39.99 ?
So then the 2nd random game should be 59.99 and then I return it to get my gift card. Sweet.

wait a sec, there is no point in PMing it at all cause if it's the 3rd game I'm getting it for free anyways ? LOL

Instead I'm gonna get AC2, MW2 and DA:O and sell MW2 for $50 and buy Darksiders GG from EBGames.

That sounds like an alright option, gamin! You'd pay $59.99 for AC2 and $69.99 for Dragon Age, and get MW2 for free. You're paying about $48 per game, I mean when you get in there you can ask about exchanging for an upcoming game. Do pre-orders work for this promo?

[quote name='game_fanatic']That sounds like an alright option, gamin! You'd pay $59.99 for AC2 and $39.99 for Dragon Age(Pricematch), and get MW2 for free. You're paying about $48 per game, I mean when you get in there you can ask about exchanging for an upcoming game. Do pre-orders work for this promo?[/QUOTE]

I dont think preorders work.

Man I am hyped up for Darksiders. Zelda + GoW = EPIC!!!

I don't think returns would work the way you want it to. Otherwise it'd just turn into B1G1 rather than B2G1 if you return one of the games you bought. I think the receipt shows it as a bundle so you'd have to return ALL 3 games.

Went back with someone to get the same deal i did...all the dragon age were gone. thought someone must have cleaned them out, but they were piled on a cart with the wring price stickers taken off. Bestbuy had fixed their tags too.

All the left 4 dead 2 were gone...wasted trip.

So everyone knows, L4D2 is still 40$ at FS (I think thats actually the regular price everywhere now), but all the other EA games are back to regular price. Since WM still has them on sale you could PM them for 40$ each, and if you buy 3, the system will still give you one free. It basically up to the CSR if they want to allow the PM or not and combine the offers, but as far as the POS is concerned, its all automatic and will do it whither the prices are overridden or not.

There's also a glitch where if all the prices are overridden, it will make 2 games free (and 1 game back to regular price), but Im sure most CSRs would catch that.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what happens with me, the csr didn't catch on and I just paid full price for dragons age. Ended up being buy 1 get 2 free

For those wondering what counts as a game.

DJ Hero- counts
RB Beatles/RB2 SE counts
Wii fit- counts
Black controller + GTa 4 counts
wii sports resort counts
DS3 + uncharted/GT5 prologue/ratchet no longer count
Wii play doesn't count

I am prolly buying Mario+DS3wuncharted tomorrow dunno what will be the third. Tossup between a few games to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
already goozex'd my extra left 4 dead. Works out about the same to buying points at half off, but not sure they'll do that again and was almost out. they've cut the discount on buying tokens in volume from 50% to 25.

i was thinking of waiting for pricedrops, dont need anything multiplayer RIGHT NOW, but DS3+GH game counts? hmmmmm

I ended up getting Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands and Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time today. I initially went to Best Buy but by the time I go there, the stock was almost non-existent - at least for AC2 and Borderlands. Didn't really initially want Borderlands with its $70 price tag and everything else at $60, but I thought what the hell, it looks decent enough to play...

[quote name='Lockescythe']For those wondering what counts as a game.

DJ Hero- counts
RB Beatles/RB2 SE counts
Wii fit- counts
Black controller + GTa 4 counts
wii sports resort counts
DS3 + uncharted/GT5 prologue/ratchet counts
Wii play doesn't count

I am prolly buying Mario+DS3wuncharted tomorrow dunno what will be the third. Tossup between a few games to be honest.[/QUOTE]

i was at Bestbuy today, and they weren't counting the game+controller packs

[quote name='Pajo']i was at Bestbuy today, and they weren't counting the game+controller packs[/QUOTE]

If you get someone to scan them, they should automatically work.

Wolfenstein was marked at $30, which the FS website showed yesterday...but scanned and changed to $70 now. Got it for $30. it did the thing where you get 2 free but she noticed. Couldnt get it fixed and just took off an amount, must have screwed up the tax calculation and took off about $4 extra. Also got the last pacific rift, marked at $70 but scanned at $30...cashier was very confused. A lot of the11 games at bestbuy dont even have a price

Stores aren't as busy as I would have expected with this.

bread's done
Back